All you smart building types--need dog ramp/stairs - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #41

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Thanks Vivian!

I will begin searching for something that will work-------

Vickie
By the way, I kept the 3rd drawer because I figured if she got to the point she couldn't make it up onto the two then I could just set that one out at night but she's fine. Good luck with your search.
Vivian
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #42

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Taking all your great ideas, here's what I came up with: One milk crate (painted black), One storage cube (taken apart, made shorter to fit, stitched back together), One home made lid.

Now we have a dog step/storage bin/stool/footstool!
Attached Thumbnails
P3240004.jpg   P3240006.jpg  

P3240007.jpg   P3240008.jpg  

P3240009.jpg   P3240011.jpg  

Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #43

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Taking all your great ideas, here's what I came up with: One milk crate (painted black), One storage cube (taken apart, made shorter to fit, stitched back together), One home made lid.

Now we have a dog step/storage bin/stool/footstool!
Vicki-very creative and nice looking.

As for pets sleeping on the bed-our cat, Morris, slept on our bed. We lost him after 17 years and miss him a lot.
Our kids grew up with all kinds of pets-dogs, cats, birds, fish, rat, pig, lamb and cows. We used to live on a farm so we were able to have all kinds of animals. If a stray showed up at our house-it became part of our family.

As for camping-many people travel with their pets-I hope to get a small dog to travel with us. I am anxious to see Vickie`s crate step.

Vicki-what kind of paint did you use-I tried to paint storage crates with Walmart spray paint and it peeled off.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #44

Registry
Thanks R!

I hope you do get a little dog---Skippy and Elli would love it!

This is one of the crates I sprayed last year with Krylon Textured Gold Flecks Plastic paint. I should have known with that many names in the title it would be trouble. It turned out rough like sandpaper (my first knucklehead blunder!) and the gold flecks were flecking everywhere (2nd blunder!)

So I thought "what the heck" and got Krylon Fushion Gloss Black Plastic paint, and it seems to have "glued" the flecks in! It's still somewhat rough, but is working fine!

V
Old 03-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #45

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Way to go Vicki. I love it and it looks good too and should be nice and lite. Obviously your "fur baby" ls quite happy with it as well.
Vivian
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #46

Registry
Thanks, Vivian! I really loved your idea, and since I couldn't find plastic drawers I trusted to hold my 25 lb. Pug, I looked around at what I could make. I love milk crates!