AM/FM portable radio. - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #57

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Sadly they are not Lee. I miss Art Bell too. These shows are from the '30's to maybe early '60's?

TomK

Old 08-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #58

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
As far as weather goes, I get enough alerts on my phone. I can't see a need for them on the radio too.
When I was in the Tetons last month, there was no cellphone coverage... zero. But we could pick up radio signals.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #59

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
Thanks everyone, this means allot to me. I saw the other thread about campground etiquette. Someone on a pay site wrote some rules according to what they want and people actually believe it. Some campers are anti dogs, anti children, and anti boy scouts. I think it's great when families go camping and spend quality time together. The Boy and Girl Scouts are great organization that teach kids responsibility and respect. They take them out of their room and video game playing, take them to the great outdoors where they learn to camp and respect nature. Some campers are older and only have a dog as a companion.
The same people who complain about kids nowadays are the same ones who complain about families camping with kids. They probably hate themselves too. Life's too short and we should enjoy every moment of it. Happiness is a choice.

Marky

Marky,

I am with you on this, I camp allot at some of the noisiest campgrounds there are and I love it. Campgrounds with kids, skate boards, dogs and all types of groups from the Christians to the handicapped, from 10 to a hundred people. I love all of it. I wasn't lucky enough in my younger years to be able to enjoy camping adventures but picked it up as an adult on my own.

Everyone seems to see this as a negative but for me its a positive. Just to see good people interacting together allowing kids young and very old to just be free from the daily rules and regulations. By nature I am a very quiet person and I guess I see more of life through others being out of control than I could ever be myself. Sometimes when it gets out of hand I shove in some foam earplugs. Marky, I'd be glad to camp next to you.

For those who want peace and quiet all the time what the heck are you doing in a camp ground? Hit the road and go boondocking, where you can get all the peace and quiet you can stand.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #60

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
When I was in the Tetons last month, there was no cellphone coverage... zero. But we could pick up radio signals.
Ah, there is that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #61

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Donna that Midland radio looks like you could beat a bear off with it and not miss your show. I already ordered the Segean.
We just camped at the Davis Mountains and at the Palo Duro canyon and didn't have cell service. AM radio will travel long distances and can be received anywhere. Call me an old timer but FM contains the newer music and with all do respect to the new generation, I'm just not into Rap and booty shaking! Lol!
Tom that old time radio is awesome! I'll be listening to it tonight while my wife and I sit on the porch.
I agree with the weather feature on the radio. I hadn't thought of getting a radio with it. We've been taken by surprise by some really bad storms because of lack of cell coverage.
I looked at satellite radio, but when I called it was $150 a year.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #62

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
The Midwest gets tornadoes
The southeast and east coast to some extent gets tornadoes and hurricanes.
The southwest is flash floods.
What kind of storms does the and west west coast get that a weather radio would report? Only hear of mud slides and fires on TV.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #63
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
What kind of storms does the and west west coast get that a weather radio would report? Only hear of mud slides and fires on TV.
Actually when we toured the PNW last summer the NWS gave wild fire reports. Also on more than one occasion we've left the Outer Banks because a hurricane was on its way. I wouldn't be with out a weather radio.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #64

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
When we were in Oregon last October we saw horrific winds and lots of rain. The storm one day was the biggest they had had in a long long time, decades I believe. Wild seas!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #65

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
If a radio has bluetooth, is it both input and output? My trucks BT doesn't seem to be able to receive music from my phone, can one of these radios?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #66

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
If a radio has bluetooth, is it both input and output? My trucks BT doesn't seem to be able to receive music from my phone, can one of these radios?
I assume it is at least Bluetooth out. If your truck is Bluetooth enabled, you certainly should be able to play off your phone. I have in every vehicle since my 2009 Pilot.

One can always use a separate Bluetooth transmitter to play from the headphone jack on the radio too a Bluetooth speaker.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #67

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
AM/FM portable radio.

We get bad storms in Texas too. Two years ago it was raining so had at the Javalina Rally at the Davis Mountains State Park, TX the park rangers came and knocked on everyone's door to leave everything evacuate because of flash flooding.
We also got caught at Garner State Park, TX by a huge storm while camping during Memorial Day. The park host had a casita and the water was up to the door. Some RVs had water halfway up the door and some actually floated away down the river. Both places didn't have cell signal. Watch the video on the webpage and you'll see 5th wheels and motor homes.
http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/new...o-be-done.html
Old 08-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #68

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
We use a Swiss Army branded radio that is dynamo powered, battery powered, and accepts 5v power so it can run off USB. It has AM FM SW MW an emergency light... the output audio is in stereo, which is nice when running it through our sound system.

It is now made by someone else but it is the same unit that has worked for a decade for us.

https://www.amazon.com/Niceshop-GR-8...ing=UTF8&s=aht

Cost more when I got it now it's about $40.00