Am I unusual or rare? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to sherman
Hi,
I have a 1989 Scamp that I purchased about 1 1/2 yr ago and have only used
a few times. I think it seems a little different from most that I have seen. It has
a three burner stove top, sink with an electric water pump (little turn switch on faucet)
and an ice box type fridge. The galley cabinet is all wood instead of the fiberglass that
the others have. In place of the front sofa the cabinets continue across the front to a closet by the entry door, again all in wood. Opposite the galley is a tall narrow wood cabinet with shelves to use as a pantry. The rest of the interior is like the other units I have seen. I think it is pretty neat like art deco style. Are there any more like this one?
Good for two people. If you want some photos drop me a line. I'm not selling, just shareing information. Sherman Merchant merchant2093@yahoo.com
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Sherman you have a Scamp Deluxe model. Deluxe means you have the wood interior verus fiberglass. It also means that the person ordering it had the option of custom designing the unit. You do not have a stock unit. There are various floorplans that most people pick when they order a custom deluxe trailer. I don't know how popular the floorplan you have is. It sounds like Lorene W's 13ft Scamp. It sounds really nice. Enjoy.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #3

BTW: When someone with a Casita says they have a deluxe trailer, they mean that their RV has a bathroom. Wood interiors are unique to Scamp's deluxe trailers.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...Wood interiors are unique to Scamp's deluxe trailers.
Meaning, I assume, that Scamps only have wood interiors if they are the Deluxe version. My Boler has a wood interior (no fiberglass except the bath/shower interior), and Escape is putting wood interiors in their current product, for instance.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #5

You interpret correctly. A Scamp without the wood is almost always going to be a stock floorplan unit. That's an almost. Some folks have specified no wood on their custom order.

BTW: My Fiber Stream also has a wood paneled interior.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #6

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Sherman, it does indeed sound like you have a Scamp out of their Custom shop. Post some photos please! We enjoy photos here!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote