American Boler - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #41

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The High Desert Design Council (Bend, OR) indicates on its website that the following award was made: Best Use of Technology: Robert Johans American Boler
That's from 2012 High Desert Design Competition Winners, which does not provide any other information about the competition or the entries.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Anyone else thinking that dark area on the top roof bend is a flex solar panel or a window? I was thinking maybe solar with the front box being battery for an all electric trailer.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #43

Yahoo scampers J&J below also think it might be solar

"Robert Johans has a FG trailer restoration business in Bend OR, I know he posts
on FGRV. I contacted him about some mods to our 13' Scamp as we are planning to
live and travel in it full time for at least 2 years. I asked him about a couple
of other brands of FG trailers just in case our 13 doesn't work. He said he and
some other people were in the process of designing their own FG trailer and
would I like to see a picture of the prototype, but asked me not to share it
with anyone just yet, this is it. From what he told me it would be under 2000
lbs and would try to keep the cost under 20K. I really like the solar panel on
top. I wonder how long it will be before he goes into production. He said it
would be a quality build.

Jerry and Janelle"
Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #44

Trailer:
My concern is over that dinette opposite the bathroom - it's a lovely idea but as shown it's a total of 48" long, backrest to backrest, where even the smallest egg dinette is 72" long. 'Romantic' doesn't do justice to the level of contact between the legs of two people trying to use this.

So I hope they prototype the interior before building it, so they can work out what are pretty major issues like this.

The stepped roof is a really nice design touch to make the exterior stylish without losing much valuable space from the interior.

And I second the higher standard of resin-infusion bag techniques - they also are invaluable if you want to reduce VOC/styrene emissions during moulding.
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #45

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Actually it may be 48" wide as the single dinette we see in a lot of these Egg's, enough for 2 to sit comfortably .
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #46

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gibbens View Post
My concern is over that dinette opposite the bathroom - it's a lovely idea but as shown it's a total of 48" long, backrest to backrest, where even the smallest egg dinette is 72" long. 'Romantic' doesn't do justice to the level of contact between the legs of two people trying to use this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Actually it may be 48" wide as the single dinette we see in a lot of these Egg's, enough for 2 to sit comfortably .
Jim, either you're talking about the size in the other direction, or you're referring to some tiny dinette that Andrew and I have not seen.

Four feet would be enough for the length of a 2-person sofa, but that wouln't be a dinette.

The 2-person side dinette in a Scamp 16' or Casita Spirit, for instance, shows in the floorplans as half the 13+ foot length of body; the typical dinette/bed spans the width of the 6-ft+ wide trailer body (again, backrest to backrest). The 2-person dinette at the back on the curb side of the Zephyr is clearly shown in one of the interior side views, and it is clearly uncomfortable for normal people: their knees would hit the table support and they would need to be quite slim to fit in with that table.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #47

I can't read the badge in this photo. Did Boler offer this front storage bin from the factory? I am not familiar with Boler history. I was wondering if the American Boler front storage bin was inspired by this or not. They look sort of shaped alike. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-55787.html
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #48

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The Boler one you mentioned looks custom made. However our Lil' Bigfoot came with a molded fiberglass factory front bin that is an 11 (on a scale of 1-10) for appearance and function

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #49

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
American Boler Travel Trailers

Just came across this. Read the small print at the bottom. It'll be interesting to see more.

When I clicked on the above web link, it took me here. It appears that the manufacturer decided to change the name, and that they are getting ready to launch:
Nest Caravans | Contact Us

Nice looking trailer. I like that it is 17 feet long, but not the wide body like most 17 footers.
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #50

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
When I clicked on the above web link, it took me here. It appears that the manufacturer decided to change the name, and that they are getting ready to launch:
Nest Caravans | Contact Us

Nice looking trailer. I like that it is 17 feet long, but not the wide body like most 17 footers.
Rick G
Y'all need to catch up on Robert Johan's and the Nest Caravan's doin's: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ans-61869.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler