an announcement for this board by bob beeeeeee - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
an announcement for this board by bob beeeeeee

Fiberglass owners please don't be offended or take my post wrong. I have been gently noticed by an administror here for a couple of my posts. I mean nothing by what I posted.

I belong to the popup portal and this one now! Both these boards are very well managed and things are kept under control the popupportal has very little supervision but everyone is calm there.

Saying this I want to comment and then that is it!

I have belonged to many boards posted on a lot of them I am a poster. Every board there seems to be a confrontational member or members there ready to take exception to what and whoever posts and are allowed to run free. I see those same people here but they don't do those things here interesting.

I have my own way of driving, camping owning things handling my money this has worked for me all my life at 75! I will post in regards to these things you have the right to gently to disagree with me but no name calling, no one-upmanship just post your opinion that's good enough for me! You will never hardly see much disagreement from me about anything!

I thank the administrators for keeping a sharp eye on things and my comment about flaming was because this sort of stuff is allowed on most boards nothing mean or otherwise intentioned it was just a statement. I stand corrected on many things and I got a very gentle correction. I like that!

I am here to contribute what little I know and learn myself is that ok? I am going to be very honest here I just got thrown off a facebook page for the very reasons mentioned here and I did nothing to deserve what happened to me. Will I live now of course but my pride was hurt quite a bit when I discovered a person I thought was a friend was behind it.

I am not here to stir up trouble but to become a good member in standing and have fun fun fun. Lets all have fun nothing too serious it then becomes no fun!!

It does seem if it originates on Facebook things turn hostile!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #2

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Hey there Bob beeeee, why don't you start a thread in the modification section showing some pictures of what you moved around in that tiny Scamp or yours, and how that counter-top project is coming along... Its fun to see all the stuff taken apart and then the final product when its done looks even more impressive!!! Don't over do it though... your gonna need that back of yours for years to come.

Or tips for those boon-docking in Walmart parking lots for extended periods, that sounds like quite a trip you took. Share the wisdom friend. Start a thread or two!!!!

Buggeee
Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Relax, Bob, you're among friends.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Relax, Bob, you're among friends.
Ditto!
Old 10-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Hey Bob, I don't know what "flaming" is or why you were chastised previously. I can advise you to lay off religion, politics, and other potentially heated topics. We don't need to hear what folks are praying for, are thankful for (in the religious sense), what their "blessings" are, how messed up the government is, etc. I find that sometimes people try to veil their proselytizing and I take offense to that. We're all about FGRV's here and if folks can stick to that and related systems and travels, I think we'll all get along just fine. The evangelizing and government bashing really bums me out.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Tom, it’s ashame you feel that way. This great country allows for diversity in thinking and beliefs.....do you really want to squash that?
Dave & Paula
Old 10-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Tom,

I am sorry you feel that way. I am thankful you have the freedom to do so.
I am just so blessed that I have the freedom to not agree with you!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Tom, it’s ashame you feel that way. This great country allows for diversity in thinking and beliefs.....do you really want to squash that?
Dave & Paula
Of course not, Dave. But there is a time and place for everything. Many wish to participate on forums that are free of this sort of thing and that stay on the subject of the forum. That's all. I was merely replying to a post by Bob with my opinion on the matter of his post. I don't see how you can take offense, certainly none was intended. I just grow so weary of it all, and I appreciate the work of the moderators here to keep people on point.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I just read post #5 ....
Pretty squashed already don't ya think?
If I can't quote the wisdom of Matthew, can I quote Burke?
how about De Tocqueville? Paine?
No? surely Marx would be OK? Groucho that is! or at least Harpo.
(or does his horn sound too much like a trumpet in Zion)

Old 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #10

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
...having been an admin on the teardrop and tiny travel trailer forum for near 13 yrs, I can say with absolute certainty, nothing will send a thread off the rails faster than religion and politics...personally, if I wanted to hear or discuss god or politics, I would goto a forum dedicated to those subjects...of which there are plenty...I for one appreciate the job done here to keep threads on the subject of FG campers and their usage...long may they rule!!!!!!!!!
madjack
Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #11

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
Tom,

I am sorry you feel that way. I am thankful you have the freedom to do so.
I am just so blessed that I have the freedom to not agree with you!
Now that's funny. Well played.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #12

OH
Hi Tom. Flaming is when people pile on a poster for suggesting something that is out if the accepted way of doing things or out of the ordinary, or a newbie solution that is really a naive idea or stupid mistake or whatever.

It can be bad in some forums and it chases people away who just came for some community or to learn something. The only place I've seen a taste of that here is when people start talking bout using generators. You might see a pile-on series of posts about how rude generators are to other campers... then the OP might say "don't flame me for it I don't run it at night" or something.

Ironic thing is, you seem to be getting "flamed" just a bit here for your post!

The key is to not take the bait. It's hard when it happens but If some one flames you just shrug it off and walk away. Usually they are itching for a little conflict and it's prone to escalation if you respond to clear your good name or whatever.

If it happens on one of your own threads that you authored just send message to the moderator asking for it to be deleted, they can do that.

This forum seems to be real clean this way. Good family culture from what I can tell. Though this thread seems to have gotten a bit hot all of a sudden, which is truly ironic because the OP started it out as a huge olive branch for peace and community.

Let's start some flames in a campfire folks and toast some marshmalliws together!!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #13

Colorado
Thanks a lot, Bugg for the "flaming" explanation - I had no idea! That is the 2nd thing I've learned today...also learned to spell "proselytizing". It's a good day!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #14

Missouri
I am sorry some of you took my post wrong I feel I have found a true place to be! saying that what set them off was my calling a sink a zinc! Now if you don't know what a zinc is I will post a new post explaining my young life.

As for prayer which I would not have posted here I can tell you in my life that has been all that is left.

Generators, Brakes on trailers, Axles, Huge tires, Camping vs boonedocking, Driving too fast driving too slow plus a few others can bring out the worst in people! Please take my word for it.

A poster here caused my demise on that board its hard to explain but I got a extensive letter from a supposed friend as to exactly why I had been booted off. Matter of fact he had been to my house to eat, talk and share idears that same day an email arrived officially taking my off. I have never heard of any quite like this apparently some of the big-shots had held a facebook trial! Weird!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #15

Missouri
sorry no posts here or on the previous facebook place!!

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #16

OH
HI THERE BOB

They are not talking about you anymore on this thread, they are talking to each other now, lost in there own conversation at this point.

Its all good here with you. Go post some pictures of your Scamp would you? I'm looking forward to seeing your build thread under the modifications section showing us what you moved around!!!!

See you over there.

Buggeee
Closed Thread