And round....four? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #15

Name: Tania
Trailer: Newbie owners of TrailMite
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Propane tank painted black, BAD IDEA! Or is that just a cover?
Looks like a cover when you really look at picture. I think the paint job looks nice. Hope it works out for you! You can still offer less, no loss on your part to try. As it has a custom paint job, I wonder why they are selling...

Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #16

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
I am excited to look at it. I need to decide what my walk away price is. It still needs some work....i need to re-build the bunk and the 12 volt system needs some work....and the water system hasn't been used recently. But it does have the custom paint, new lights and new upholstery....just need to make up my mind how much is too much....

Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #17

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD
Duluth,Minnesota
I still find it hard to believe that someone could have a 4 or 5 year old Scamp in such disrepair that an almost 30 year old Burro is more appealing. How hard could it have been to have taken care of a 2008 13' molded fiberglass trailer- so much easier than taking care of a stickie? Just saying!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #18

Minnesota
The black on the tank was a super cool velcro on cover....but it doesn't matter....must not have been the one for me either. I think from now on I will just wait and then let y'all know when I get one. This one was in good shape. There was one spot underneath that was lifting away from the frame. The cushions were super thick and the wall coverings were beautiful. The only parts that were refinished were the parts you could see....everything underneath still had the old stinky carpet...which I could have just ripped out. The whole trailer smelled strongly of paint fumes....it is stored in a warehouse that also houses a powder coating shop. I was afraid the smell wouldn't come out....I had a headache within 10 minutes....I am fairly sensitive to smells, so I didn't want to take the chance...plus, the guy wouldn't pull it out from the wall to let us see one side...he said once I'd seen one side, I'd seen the other. the only other issue was the black plastic-y track around the window was falling out and was cracked in a couple of places....I wondered what that would do the windows in terms of leaking (or not)..... I will just look quietly from now on as to not bother anyone...when I find one I'll let you know. I did really like this one except for the smell.....
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #19

Minnesota
We even stopped to look at one in someone's driveway on the way home...looked like they were setting up for a garage sale, so we dropped in. Turns out the garage sale was 2 months ago and the clothes were just still out on racks in the garage. The guy said he bought the scamp new and used it once (I would guess it was an 80's model). He said he wasn't interested in selling it as he might use it again someday.....
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #20

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Wonder what's the brand of window? I thought windows in Sac City donkeys were probably Hehr or Kinro which have rubber glazing bead between window and frame. Bad assumption? What is the black plasticky stuff that cracks and breaks? And now back to your regular station.

jack
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hagen View Post
I still find it hard to believe that someone could have a 4 or 5 year old Scamp in such disrepair that an almost 30 year old Burro is more appealing. How hard could it have been to have taken care of a 2008 13' molded fiberglass trailer-!
Yup I was kind of wondering the same thing about the adventure to see the 08 Scamp in Cloquet as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #22

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Oh, I feel your pain, so sorry this one also didn't work out. The fumes would have killed me also.
It gets very frustrating especially when you have to drive a distance to see them. The right one will come along.
I'm looking forward to round 5 and hopefully a happy ending. Don't stop posting we are all in this together now!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #23

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
I wouldn't trade my '82 burro for a new anything. She is just right! I had to do some work to fix the flaws, but I had another person ring my doorbell today asking if I'd sell. I told them no, and he asked how much would it take to let her go. Not for sale, but I love to be asked!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
A good buddy once noted that "everything I got is for sale if the price is right"

He then went to joke that "even his wife would be for sale if the price was right" prompting another friend to guy ask him "Got change for a five?"
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I'd like you to know that many of us are pulling for you! I am not bothered by your struggle. I look forward to your posts. I know you may not be feeling it, but the adventure of the search never gets old for me. I am currently retired from any new purchases, but I can live vicariously through your posts.

If it is not too much trouble, please keep us in the loop.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #26

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
I will just look quietly from now on as to not bother anyone...when I find one I'll let you know. I did really like this one except for the smell.....
Don't do that, consider your findings as helpful info for others. We're all cheering for ya

In our case we looked at some duds, a couple that seemed pretty good but......something didn't seem quite right and after each one didn't pan out we started to wonder if we'd ever find a good one. Then, out of the blue, and only a 300 mile drive away we found the perfect one. We knew it when we first made contact, when we first saw it and now after its' first year of trouble free use we know it's the right one for us.

So look at your efforts to date as experience that'll let you know when you've found the perfect one for you.

Ron
Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #27

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
If you stop posting about this quest we might have to buy another ourselves instead of hanging on your choices?
I have some experience with this?

This is what we do!

You are surely getting closer to finding the one for you.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #28

Minnesota
Woke up this morning energized and looking for another one....i certainly do like posting the questions and i love the discussion...let the search continue then! There do not seem to be any others for sale near me....so i wait.