And round....four? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #81

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
That is exactly the plan. Launch Pad was intended as a solution for my oldest son, who turned 18 in September. His plan for after graduation, was to play video games all day. I told him that I would kick him out if he did not come up with a better plan. Since I could not bring my self to leave him on the sidewalk, I purchased a shelter to put him in. I figured living in the Walmart parking lot, or some convenient squat location would motivate him to get a job. I guess that me taking action on his "launch" provided the required incentive. He is still employed by a roofing company that wanted to keep him so much that they found work to keep him busy all winter. He has been grinding metal trash bins to prepare them to be painted.
But it occurred to me that having luggage that you can sleep in would help any of my kids to make it through any rough times ahead. Wedding gift and Cantaloupe are for my twin girls, who are turning 16 in February. That accounts for all the trailers I currently own. The two youngest kids are 9 and 6 so I have some time on that score.
Great plan David - and congrats to your oldest son. It's a tough job market out there!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #82

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Not in Calgary. If you have a pulse, and can speak English, you can get a job. The paper reported recently that Alberta is short about 5000 technical personal. This figure is projected to grow by thousands each year for the next several years. If you have technical skills, we need you in Calgary.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #83

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I gotta say you aren't wearing rose-colored glasses or worrying the beads either one, Dave. Glad to see you know how to provide perspective along with the food, clothes, shelter, toys, and ride to the mall.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #84

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
Reminds me of some of my first jobs......mom said want a bike, go mow lawns....I'll match what you earn.....in the end I paid for the whole thing myself.

In the 8th grade I started to want to pick my own cloths (hippy dayz )...got get a job and pay for them yourself she said... I gob a job moving hand lines in the potato fields.....mud up to my knees....earned enough for cloths and a motorcycle
papas34 is offline   Reply With Quote