And round....four? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #57

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I vote Escape. Probably just because they are a relative of Trilliums. There is a very nice 15' version for sale on this site.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-52640.html

Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #58

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD
Duluth,Minnesota
Cricket, Here's one to look at...2002 Casita 17ft Spirit Deluxe ...just posted tonight on this site...

Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #59

Name: john
Trailer: 2007 13ft scamp
Florida
traverse city the $3500 scamp i bought.GREAT TRAILER

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
Ok...the lowdown on the one in mi. The original owner bought it new in 2007 and took it out to cali and lived in it for several years....without doing much cleaning it sounds like. The cushions were all thrown out and the guy put in a six inch foam piece for a bed. Has a bathroom in the front. The guy that has it now bought it to sell it and make a few bucks. He said it is dirty and smelly inside. Apparently the door swung open while driving down the road at one point and there is a crack (although it appears to not be structural) that runs up and down the side....not what i am looking for but might work for someone.

i bought the scamp in traverse city scamp you all are talking about. you missed a great trailer. spent two day with steam machine cleaned just fine looks great does need cushions door hinge need a little work not a problem i feel. ac ,fridge, heater lights every thing work just fine. did buy tires after driving 1500 miles back home to FLA. great trailer
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #60

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Excellent! I am glad you are happy with the trailer. I wasn't saying it wasn't nice, merely relaying what the seller told me about it....happy scamping!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #61

Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamprookie View Post
i bought the scamp in traverse city scamp you all are talking about. you missed a great trailer. spent two day with steam machine cleaned just fine looks great does need cushions door hinge need a little work not a problem i feel. ac ,fridge, heater lights every thing work just fine. did buy tires after driving 1500 miles back home to FLA. great trailer

Hey John;

Welcome to FGRV. And congratulations. I think it's pretty funny that you brought it all the way back from MI. Were you up there already or did you go from FL to see it?

PS We like to see photo's!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #62

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Sounds great!

Did it come with a clear title?
I ask because the price for a 2007 seems low to me...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #63

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Congratulations John! I know you will enjoy the trailer! Happy camping :>
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #64

Florida
I was already in MI hunting. Just happened to run across it, we've been looking for one for awhile. Was tickled to find it. I'm new to forums and still haven't a clue about this kind of thing, will try to figure out how and where to post photos. Becky & I were glad to find this! It did come with clear title. We're titled and plated and anxiously trying to get her cleaned up so we can launch our maiden voyage. We were wondering where to go on this forum to ask a couple things? Like does anyone know if it's better to just order new cushions from Scamp or have them made? And if anyone knows where to get the electrical box cover that's located under the dinette seat? Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #65

Florida
Hi Francesca, I am not sure how this forum thing operates, but soo glad to find it. I know I didn't reply correctly but I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome to the wonderful world of egg lovers. Yep, clear title, Becky and I are just trying to get her ready to go and looking to find a few things and not sure where to look. Like where to get the best cushions for our money? and where to find a breaker box cover. That's where our little furbaby put her nose first and where to get a new awning to fit in the brackets? So many questions, And how do we learn to use a forum? If anyone could help me answer some of these questions it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #66

Florida
Hi Harry & Sue, John & Becky here, Just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes! I know I'm doing this forum thing all wrong but I wanted to make sure I acknowledged. I appreciate the welcome to FGRV. She had been a little abused, but I'm hoping that with some loving care we can make her smile!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #67

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
If one of you sews, the most cost effective cushions are home made. I got foam from Freddy Meyer in Washington. I cut the single bed size down to my front bench then made a cover from fabric from Joann fabrics. The indoor/outdoor canvas repels spills, which is nice. Even with that, it is a bit costly - but a huge savings over going to an upholstery shop.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #68

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
And how do we learn to use a forum? If anyone could help me answer some of these questions it would be appreciated. Thanks
The way to do the forum is to dive right in, and Devil take The Hindmost!

Just as you've already done- see how easy it was?

Per small technical points, though:

If you're wondering how to directly respond to specific posters, just hit the "quote" box in the bottom of that post...and for multiples, use that funky looking "double quotes" box. Once you've hit the last of all the quotes you're interested in, punch "quote" again and a reply box will pop up.

You can comment on/to each of the quoted posts separately within that box.

That's all there is to it- and now you know everything that I do about using the forum!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #69

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
If one of you sews, the most cost effective cushions are home made. I got foam from Freddy Meyer in Washington. I cut the single bed size down to my front bench then made a cover from fabric from Joann fabrics. The indoor/outdoor canvas repels spills, which is nice. Even with that, it is a bit costly - but a huge savings over going to an upholstery shop.
That was a thought. Haven't sewn in 20yrs. well maybe 30, so it's still just a thought. Not sure something that costly is a good project to brush up on sewing skills. But will still keep that thought and probably leave it to a professional in the end. The scamp store shipping is over $80 and cushions $72 each cushion. Was just thinking upholstery shop might end up the same for a better choice of fabric? I don't know?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #70

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
The way to do the forum is to dive right in, and Devil take The Hindmost!

Just as you've already done- see how easy it was?

Per small technical points, though:

If you're wondering how to directly respond to specific posters, just hit the "quote" box in the bottom of that post...and for multiples, use that funky looking "double quotes" box. Once you've hit the last of all the quotes you're interested in, punch "quote" again and a reply box will pop up.

You can comment on/to each of the quoted posts separately within that box.

That's all there is to it- and now you know everything that I do about using the forum!

Francesca

You may have unleashed a chatterbox! I will have to save these instructions for reference. Thanks