And round....four? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #71

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
You got a great deal and what's a bit of elbow grease when you got it at that price. Way to go!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #72

Name: john
Trailer: 2007 13ft scamp
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
If one of you sews, the most cost effective cushions are home made. I got foam from Freddy Meyer in Washington. I cut the single bed size down to my front bench then made a cover from fabric from Joann fabrics. The indoor/outdoor canvas repels spills, which is nice. Even with that, it is a bit costly - but a huge savings over going to an upholstery shop.
Sue and Henry, Well, we bit the bullet and bought cushions from scamp. After looking at foam and fabrics I didn't feel confident to sew them. Cost was too much if I ended up not getting it right. So decided that would be our splurge. But, I did sew curtains and they look great! You inspired me. The cushions ended up being 380.00 with shipping for the four dinette 4" foam ones and my curtains I made were 4.99. I purchased 2 valances from a thrift store and added fabric from a duvet cover I had. Thanks again for inspiring me to get my machine out of the dust!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #73

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Way to go! Next forum challenge - pix.

CindyL
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #74

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyl View Post
way to go! Next forum challenge - pix.
Cindyl
true story
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #75

Name: john
Trailer: 2007 13ft scamp
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Way to go! Next forum challenge - pix.

CindyL
I know that's right! I am 55and 2/3 yrs old and am so computer challenged. But, I will figure out how to do this forum stuff correctly. Hopefully by time we get her all cleaned up. I am so excited to have this little gem! Can't wait to go camping! Funny thing if you would have asked me a year ago to go camping I would have said "I'll make the hotel reservations." I finally gave into John last August cause I wanted to go to the Keys and we couldn't find a hotel room that would take our little furbaby so, we stayed 4 days in the truck bed that has a cap and all though we did have electric and water that was roughing it! I was hooked. I had more fun than I can remember! We started right away looking for a small fiberglass trailer. Anyway, I love this forum, I spend hours looking at pictures and reading to get ideas and if we have a problem now John will say" Let's ask the Eggheads, somebody will know the answer." What a great new adventure this is!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #76

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
I'm sure glad my mother never warned me that eggs are addictive.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #77

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Scamprookie,

I was never a camper or even an outdoors person before either, but when I inherited a bit of money from Grandma, given that one of my interests was genealogy and I found an ancestor in SD on a rez, I decided that we needed a trip there. I found a place to volunteer on the Rez to get the feel for the area of my ancestor. I bribed Kevin with a trip to Yellowstone if we volunteered on the Rez for a week and then got cold feet myself about sleeping arrangements while there. So, I began looking at popups on ebay that I could buy with Grandma's money, and for some reason, a Burro nearby popped up when searching. With my inheritance, I won the Burro, and there you go. Kevin canceled our Yellowstone hotel reservations and made campground reservations, so we camped amid huge RVs. We have since sold the Burro for a Uhaul with a bathroom. Same general design but larger.
Now, in truth, for me, our Uhaul camper is a hotel room on wheels (We call our Uhaul Howie for hotel on wheels.). We like electricity, water, wifi, and putting up the screenhouse to deter the bugs. Others on this forum do not call that camping, but it is the way I camp (Kevin is a bit more forgiving about camping. He was a Boy Scout.). I am a glamper. With my glampmobile Howie, we have traveled more that ever we would have had we relied on hotel reservations. It has all I need and costs a whole lot less.

CindyL
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #78

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by papas34 View Post
I'm sure glad my mother never warned me that eggs are addictive.
Boy, you can say that again! I now have four, and my wife had to tell me to stop. Just as well, I now have more work to do then I have time for. Especially with five kids.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #79

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
David, you need one more (maybe two)....fix them up and when the kiddos grow up and move out to start families of their own you have the perfect gift to give them.....
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #80

Alberta
Registry
That is exactly the plan. Launch Pad was intended as a solution for my oldest son, who turned 18 in September. His plan for after graduation, was to play video games all day. I told him that I would kick him out if he did not come up with a better plan. Since I could not bring my self to leave him on the sidewalk, I purchased a shelter to put him in. I figured living in the Walmart parking lot, or some convenient squat location would motivate him to get a job. I guess that me taking action on his "launch" provided the required incentive. He is still employed by a roofing company that wanted to keep him so much that they found work to keep him busy all winter. He has been grinding metal trash bins to prepare them to be painted.
But it occurred to me that having luggage that you can sleep in would help any of my kids to make it through any rough times ahead. Wedding gift and Cantaloupe are for my twin girls, who are turning 16 in February. That accounts for all the trailers I currently own. The two youngest kids are 9 and 6 so I have some time on that score.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #81

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
That is exactly the plan. Launch Pad was intended as a solution for my oldest son, who turned 18 in September. His plan for after graduation, was to play video games all day. I told him that I would kick him out if he did not come up with a better plan. Since I could not bring my self to leave him on the sidewalk, I purchased a shelter to put him in. I figured living in the Walmart parking lot, or some convenient squat location would motivate him to get a job. I guess that me taking action on his "launch" provided the required incentive. He is still employed by a roofing company that wanted to keep him so much that they found work to keep him busy all winter. He has been grinding metal trash bins to prepare them to be painted.
But it occurred to me that having luggage that you can sleep in would help any of my kids to make it through any rough times ahead. Wedding gift and Cantaloupe are for my twin girls, who are turning 16 in February. That accounts for all the trailers I currently own. The two youngest kids are 9 and 6 so I have some time on that score.
Great plan David - and congrats to your oldest son. It's a tough job market out there!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #82

Alberta
Registry
Not in Calgary. If you have a pulse, and can speak English, you can get a job. The paper reported recently that Alberta is short about 5000 technical personal. This figure is projected to grow by thousands each year for the next several years. If you have technical skills, we need you in Calgary.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #83

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I gotta say you aren't wearing rose-colored glasses or worrying the beads either one, Dave. Glad to see you know how to provide perspective along with the food, clothes, shelter, toys, and ride to the mall.

jack
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #84

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
Reminds me of some of my first jobs......mom said want a bike, go mow lawns....I'll match what you earn.....in the end I paid for the whole thing myself.

In the 8th grade I started to want to pick my own cloths (hippy dayz )...got get a job and pay for them yourself she said... I gob a job moving hand lines in the potato fields.....mud up to my knees....earned enough for cloths and a motorcycle