And round....four? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hagen View Post
I still find it hard to believe that someone could have a 4 or 5 year old Scamp in such disrepair that an almost 30 year old Burro is more appealing. How hard could it have been to have taken care of a 2008 13' molded fiberglass trailer-!
Yup I was kind of wondering the same thing about the adventure to see the 08 Scamp in Cloquet as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #22

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Oh, I feel your pain, so sorry this one also didn't work out. The fumes would have killed me also.
It gets very frustrating especially when you have to drive a distance to see them. The right one will come along.
I'm looking forward to round 5 and hopefully a happy ending. Don't stop posting we are all in this together now!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #23

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
I wouldn't trade my '82 burro for a new anything. She is just right! I had to do some work to fix the flaws, but I had another person ring my doorbell today asking if I'd sell. I told them no, and he asked how much would it take to let her go. Not for sale, but I love to be asked!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
A good buddy once noted that "everything I got is for sale if the price is right"

He then went to joke that "even his wife would be for sale if the price was right" prompting another friend to guy ask him "Got change for a five?"
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I'd like you to know that many of us are pulling for you! I am not bothered by your struggle. I look forward to your posts. I know you may not be feeling it, but the adventure of the search never gets old for me. I am currently retired from any new purchases, but I can live vicariously through your posts.

If it is not too much trouble, please keep us in the loop.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #26

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
I will just look quietly from now on as to not bother anyone...when I find one I'll let you know. I did really like this one except for the smell.....
Don't do that, consider your findings as helpful info for others. We're all cheering for ya

In our case we looked at some duds, a couple that seemed pretty good but......something didn't seem quite right and after each one didn't pan out we started to wonder if we'd ever find a good one. Then, out of the blue, and only a 300 mile drive away we found the perfect one. We knew it when we first made contact, when we first saw it and now after its' first year of trouble free use we know it's the right one for us.

So look at your efforts to date as experience that'll let you know when you've found the perfect one for you.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #27

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
If you stop posting about this quest we might have to buy another ourselves instead of hanging on your choices?
I have some experience with this?

This is what we do!

You are surely getting closer to finding the one for you.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #28

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
Woke up this morning energized and looking for another one....i certainly do like posting the questions and i love the discussion...let the search continue then! There do not seem to be any others for sale near me....so i wait.
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #29

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
If you stop posting about this quest we might have to buy another ourselves instead of hanging on your choices?
I have some experience with this?.
LOL Ed, isnt your driveway starting to look a little empty?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #30

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Quote:
Woke up this morning energized and looking for another one....i certainly do like posting the questions and i love the discussion...let the search continue then! There do not seem to be any others for sale near me....so i wait.
Eggless,
I searched nearly two years before I found mine. Looked at a lot. I kept watching Ebay, Craigslist, the local papers, etc. Nothing was close enough or at the right price. Finally found one by posting a Casita Wanted ad on the three most popular forums. Then to my surprise, I was contacted by email from someone wanting to sell and less than 75 miles from me. It was exactly what I was looking for and he negotiated the price.
NOW, I focus on having fun and what MODs I need to just make it better.
Keep us informed of your searches. If I run accross any in your area, I will return here and post.
Happy Camping and Good Luck,

Maynard
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #31

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Did the $3500 2007 Scamp in Traverse City, MI sell? If not, you could cut through WI, catch the AM ferry across Lake Michigan, snag the trailer, catch the PM ferry, and be home by midnight! What fun!
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #32

Minnesota
That would totally be doable! I have a friend in manitowoc (where the ferry starts i think)...my sister is in milwaukee as well....and i a have wed-sun off next week....if i could find a volunteer to check it out first i would be all over it!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
The ad is still on Craigslist:
http://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/3320313241.html

Do people hold things these days? Maybe you can call and see first and then put a call out in General Chat for our TC / northern MI members to find someone to look it over.
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #34

Minnesota
And...the ferry stops running on the 14th....dang!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #35

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I wonder at the fact that it has no pics, and says that the unit 'needs cleaning and TLC'. Wonder how bad it is
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #36

Minnesota
I think he doesn't know how to do pictures....i plan to call him today to get the story.....
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #37

Registry
Cricket you will get a better feel for the situation when you talk directly with them. When I purchased my trailer the party selling it did not have any photos either - did not own a digital camera and it was a grandchild that had posted the ad to Craigslist for them. After talking to them about who they purchased the trailer from and how often they used it and the condition of the body etc I got a pretty good feel for the situation and felt ok about doing the 10 hour drive to go see it. Wasnt disappointed - in fact better than I had hoped. Based on the trailers age when the seller says it needs TLC it could be nothing more than its been sitting for a few years and needs a good scrubbing and wax compound to get it to glow and if the tires and battery are more than 4 years old they need replacing as well. Then again if they say its been used by a bunch of guys for hunting or it had a leak that would be a whole different story. :-))
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #38

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Cricket you will get a better feel for the situation when you talk directly with them. When I purchased my trailer the party selling it did not have any photos either - did not own a digital camera and it was a grandchild that had posted the ad to Craigslist for them. After talking to them about who they purchased the trailer from and how often they used it and the condition of the body etc I got a pretty good feel for the situation and felt ok about doing the 10 hour drive to go see it. Wasnt disappointed - in fact better than I had hoped. Based on the trailers age when the seller says it needs TLC it could be nothing more than its been sitting for a few years and needs a good scrubbing and wax compound to get it to glow and if the tires and battery are more than 4 years old they need replacing as well. Then again if they say its been used by a bunch of guys for hunting or it had a leak that would be a whole different story. :-))
hey! wait a minute!,,,,,,are you implying that a bunch of guys hunting may not be all that carefull about keeping it clean?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #39

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
I think he doesn't know how to do pictures....i plan to call him today to get the story.....
since you are right near the nest,,,i assume you have touched base with scamp? sometimes they have a connect with a trailer for sale.

or you may end up doing what i did . after a year or two of searching and watching and thinking and wishing,,, i said heck with it and ordered a new scamp. for onnly a few thousand more then i could find a used one for. and built the way i want it. i figure considering how they hold vaue, i won't lose much if we don't keep it forever. and with inflation going like its been,,,lol i might make money on the deal.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #40

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
hey! wait a minute!,,,,,,are you implying that a bunch of guys hunting may not be all that carefull about keeping it clean?
LOL of course not all guys. Can only use as reference the knowledge of what some of my own families gear comes back from some hunting or fishing trips looking like.... but the guys and the campers/trailers can be cleaned up nicely