Announcement by Escape Trailer Industries & Trillium RV - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Thanks Reace, got an e-mail from Tom Young and he stated the same thing. I will check your websites daily for pricing, ordering and specials. We look forward to seeing you in B.C. down the road.

Lloyd & Barbara Cicetti
Columbus, Ohio
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 1984
Oh WOW!
If Reace puts as much effort, as Ive seen in his Escape, into the details of all these trailers then he's really upgrading the market, and outlets on both sides of the border to boot. No border lisencing hassles, now that's been needed for a long time.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #23

Guess I may be knocking at the right door. It seems like there are a number of people who are excited about this. It makes me happy to know that I have found a quality manufacturer without personally seeing one. I narrowed down my search from Bambi to TAB to Fiberglass and then zeroed in on Trillium due to the education I got on this wonderful website. Boy have I learned a lot. I was nervous that Trillium USA wouldn't make it considering how hard it is to stay in the fiberglass business. Started looking at EggCampers, Trillium Outbacks, Casitas. Now that this deal has been made between Escape and Trillium U.S., I can start saving up and focus on a 15ft. Trill with a bathroom (Model 4500).

One of the things I like most about the Trillium, which I can't seem to find on other FGRVs, is the sizeable window in the bathroom up front. Does anyone else put a big window in the front where the bathroom is on a 13 or 15 footer?

Glad to hear the buzz. Can't wait to move from wannabee to havabee.

Lloyd
Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Wow! So this is what was going on with all the 'future announcements' mentioned on the websites. When will manufacturing cease in CA/NV? I have been in email contact with Tom prepratory to purchasing a Trillium. The poor guy has patiently answered all my many questions while he was busy with this merger. I looked at the Escape, but crossing the border has been daunting as well as the fact we are limited to 2K# tow weight, so I couldn't consider an escape. I figured I need to keep the trailer under 1500# so I have 500# for the things I will add, like food, etc. So we, too will be looking at early bird deals.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #25

Roger, what made you zero in on a Tom Young's Trillium? What size? Why not a Scamp or Casita?

Just curious....Lloyd
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #26

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Roger,

My understanding is the Nevada Trillium's are unrelated to Calgary Trilliums (the Outbacks).

My only concern with Escape taking on production of the 13 and 15 Trilliums is the impact it will have for sales for the Calgary Trillium Outback. It's great to have 3 thriving fiberglass manufacturers in Western Canada (Escape, Bigfoot, Trillium Calgary) for us Canadians to choose from.

Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #27

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
There is another manufacturer, Northern Lite, located in Kelowna. The company focuses on truck campers and also makes a trailer. I have friends connected to the business and I would love to see them have more success with their trailer. They show a basic trailer but in my conversations with them I think that a customer could add features. I have suggested that they add a "wet" bathroom from their campers to the trailer. The trailer also has loads of storage space with a closet all across the front of the trailer which might be great for extended trips. Loads of choices.

Congragulations to Tammy and Reace and their business on this announcement.Obviously providing what customers want.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #28

Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
Roger, what made you zero in on a Tom Young's Trillium? What size? Why not a Scamp or Casita?
Just curious....Lloyd
Several things.
Talking to Tom on the phone, he seemed like a nice guy unlike the pushy Scamp saleman who will remain anonymous. My vehicle is only rated for 2K# so it's a 13' for us.
The location. Sacramento or Carson City are about 768 miles from us, whereas Rice TX is 2239 and Backus MN is 1541. Directly affects delivery charge and of course doubles for self pickup.
Actually the one I liked the best is the Burro. Reason:14' gives a scosh more room, built in head, and fg interior. But they are no longer made.
While the Canadian mfgrs are closer, Calgary 693 miles and Chilliwack only 158 miles, there is the problem of importing and, until now, Escape didn't offer a trailer smaller than 17' and 1900#.
The one problem I have had with ALL the mfgrs is the information offered on the website or even their brochures is very nebulous. Like: What lines the walls? I discovered that everyone uses vinyl except Casita who uses carpet, I guess. This is important when one has alergies.
I had many questions about these things and Tom, bless his heart, took the time to return my emails with the answers.
Actually I probably would already own a Northern Lite except they are too heavy. The reason is there is a dealer in the area. This factory pickup business is a bummer. I like to look at what I am buying. I usually buy my cars off the lot and don't order them and I guess I just don't feel comfortable buying something that isn't there.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #29

Roger, what made you decide on Tom Young's Trillium vs. the Outback made in Alberta? Lloyd
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #30

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Roger, what made you decide on Tom Young's Trillium vs. the Outback made in Alberta? Lloyd

Well, Lloyd, the Outback Trillium had real appeal. We would be pulling it with a Subaru Outback. Cute, eh? However, they are 648 miles away, almost as far as CA/NV AND across an international border. I don't know what one would do trying to enter the US with an unlicensed Canadian trailer. I don't know if only filling out a form 3461 is sufficient or what? And what about duty on the trailer? Plus or minus, when I called Outback, the gal seemed really put out that I should ask for a brochure. "It's all on the website." Well, lady, if you don't want to send me a brochure, I don't think you want to send me a trailer, either. I did finally receive a brochure but there again, the only way to judge these people and their organization, is by the persons who answer their phone and it seems many of them could use some training on how to treat potential customers. Besides the drive to CA could be done in the winter in relative safety and except for the Siskiyous , no major pass between here and there (Carson City is different). Of course the traffic on I-5 between Portland and Seattle can rival rush hour at times, and this was 6 years ago the last time we took that route.
BTW that reminds me of another gripe I have with the mfgrs: No mention of that international border, e.g. American and Canadian models. Maybe the same, but then should say so.
With this new arrangement, with all models made in BC and shipped to CA/NV maybe I can convince them to drop one off as they pass my house. <_<

Old 09-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #31

Roger,

On another thread we discussed the way I was treated on the phone by an unmentioned woman who had no skill at all with folks that want to spend 17 thou on a trailer. At one point I asked her directly, "It doesn't seem to me that you are eager to help me purchase one of your vehicles". I will leave it there. I could go on and on. Anyway, glad to hear I am not the only one who "got the treatment". They need to put somone else in the sales office. This woman is hurting them financially. I still pursued the Outback since I wasn't sure that Tom Young's Co. would make it in the U.S. with his Trillium. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and do business with the new merger.

I don't think I realized that it would be a hassle buying in Canada and now it is not an issue. I frankly admire the fiberglass rv market up north. They also make fine eggs in the Netherlands. Check out the recent thread on "New Fiberglass rv in the Netherlands". My fantasy is to fly to Europe, attend rv shows, inherit a lot of money and send my favorite rig back to the U.S. I'm dreaming of course.

Are you ordering the 1300 model from Tom?

Thanks, Lloyd
Old 09-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #32

Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Roger,
Are you ordering the 1300 model from Tom?

Thanks, Lloyd
We emailed him our wish list and am waiting for him to get back with prices.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #33

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Now we talking big $$$ for Escape , I always wonder why they don't produce a small "rig" for small tow car? The petrole price already affected big SUV sale , every one look at smaller car and hybrid, diesel or electric solution. They now get another option to pop up trailer

I know Scamp project to sell trailers in Canada (A CT dealer tell me he already made some negotiation with them to order 15) so the market is there you just need a good advertise strategy. Why you don't go to every RV show in Canada? I never saw Escape trailer at the Montréal or Québec RV show why?

Your got a good product and now a selection of 5 CT in custom or deluxe version, It's time to claim this market! It's time to show people what they need! It's time to be present when buyers are there to put the bacon down!

It's so easy to sell a superior product.....A lot more then selling ice cube to Eskimos (I have done show 3 years in row for a Japanese motorcycle company) Go for It ETI!
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #34

Registry
Unhappy

This thread is interesting to read since the recent post by Reace.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #35

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Good idea Roger,
Here is a link to the Sept. 5/09 announcement of the end of the alliance for a long term cross reference:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=37221
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, trillium