Announcement by Escape Trailer Industries & Trillium RV - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #15

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
This is great news as a 'wanne-be' that attended the gathering at Bullards Beach I was disappointed to hear that Reace did not make a 13 or 15 foot version of his wonderful fiberglass trailer. Because the 15' option is the one I want.
I'd like to be first in line to order the 15' Escape. Then I can be a 'for real' member of the club and not a 'wanna-be' any longer.
Reace, Where do I sign up?

Cathy

Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
This news could not have come at a better time for us (Wanna bees). I have been talking to Tom Young on the phone about our interest in his "yet to be made" Model 4500 (15 ft.). We love everything about the Trillium but had no way of seeing a new one or even an Outback Trill made in Alberta. Started looking into an EggCamper made in nearby Michigan in case Tom's venture bit the dust. Now I see that it has a future with Escape Trailers in B.C. We are so excited to hear this. We would like to get in on the ground level.

Could someone help me with this part....since Escape will also be building a 13ft and a 15 ft. trailer, will the Trilliums be less expensive? I am not sure how they will market the two. Is one wood interior and the other fiberglass?

Can't wait to get in touch with Tom Young to find out more.

Great news!

Lloyd Cicetti

Old 09-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hi Lloyd

The 13' and 15' Escape models will have a wood interior, same as all other Escape trailers. The Trillium will have a fiberglass interior.

You will be able to purchase the Escape or Trillium from Escape Trailer Ind. in Chilliwack BC or from Tom at Trillium RV in Nevada.

The Trillium will be the same price at either location.

Reace
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #18

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
YAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO

Depending on floor plan options and pricing, I do believe I want a 15, 17, or 19 ASAP.
Larger is preferred, but budget has it's limits.

Curtis
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Hi Lloyd

The 13' and 15' Escape models will have a wood interior, same as all other Escape trailers. The Trillium will have a fiberglass interior.

You will be able to purchase the Escape or Trillium from Escape Trailer Ind. in Chilliwack BC or from Tom at Trillium RV in Nevada.

The Trillium will be the same price at either location.

Reace
Reace, thanks for your reply and we wish you the very best with the growth of your business.

A few questions... Will the Trilliums be manufactured in B.C. and sold in Nevada?. Will the 13 and 15ft Escapes be priced different from the comparable Trilliums? If we wanted a Trillium 4500 by next August, should we reserve one now to get any early bird discount? When do you think the first 15ft Escape will be complete?

I appreciate your response to these questions and I look forward to working with you and Tom in securing one of your trailers.

Thanks a lot,

Lloyd Cicetti

Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hi Lloyd

All Trillium trailers will be manufactured in Chilliwack BC and be sold at both locations. Pricing on the Escape models have not been finalized yet but are predicted to be very close to the Trillium pricing. Tom will be setting the price on the Trillium, I will be setting the price on the Escape.

New molds are being made for 13 and 15 to incorporate some minor design updates. The 13' will be completed 1st and ready for production in November, the 15' will be a few months behind.

When to place an order? We will have some fantastic early bird pricing that you may want to take advantage of. Pricing will soon be available at escapetrailer.com and trilliumrv.com

Reace
Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #21

Thanks Reace, got an e-mail from Tom Young and he stated the same thing. I will check your websites daily for pricing, ordering and specials. We look forward to seeing you in B.C. down the road.

Lloyd & Barbara Cicetti
Columbus, Ohio
Old 09-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #22

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Oh WOW!
If Reace puts as much effort, as Ive seen in his Escape, into the details of all these trailers then he's really upgrading the market, and outlets on both sides of the border to boot. No border lisencing hassles, now that's been needed for a long time.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #23

Guess I may be knocking at the right door. It seems like there are a number of people who are excited about this. It makes me happy to know that I have found a quality manufacturer without personally seeing one. I narrowed down my search from Bambi to TAB to Fiberglass and then zeroed in on Trillium due to the education I got on this wonderful website. Boy have I learned a lot. I was nervous that Trillium USA wouldn't make it considering how hard it is to stay in the fiberglass business. Started looking at EggCampers, Trillium Outbacks, Casitas. Now that this deal has been made between Escape and Trillium U.S., I can start saving up and focus on a 15ft. Trill with a bathroom (Model 4500).

One of the things I like most about the Trillium, which I can't seem to find on other FGRVs, is the sizeable window in the bathroom up front. Does anyone else put a big window in the front where the bathroom is on a 13 or 15 footer?

Glad to hear the buzz. Can't wait to move from wannabee to havabee.

Lloyd
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #24

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Wow! So this is what was going on with all the 'future announcements' mentioned on the websites. When will manufacturing cease in CA/NV? I have been in email contact with Tom prepratory to purchasing a Trillium. The poor guy has patiently answered all my many questions while he was busy with this merger. I looked at the Escape, but crossing the border has been daunting as well as the fact we are limited to 2K# tow weight, so I couldn't consider an escape. I figured I need to keep the trailer under 1500# so I have 500# for the things I will add, like food, etc. So we, too will be looking at early bird deals.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #25

Roger, what made you zero in on a Tom Young's Trillium? What size? Why not a Scamp or Casita?

Just curious....Lloyd
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #26

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Roger,

My understanding is the Nevada Trillium's are unrelated to Calgary Trilliums (the Outbacks).

My only concern with Escape taking on production of the 13 and 15 Trilliums is the impact it will have for sales for the Calgary Trillium Outback. It's great to have 3 thriving fiberglass manufacturers in Western Canada (Escape, Bigfoot, Trillium Calgary) for us Canadians to choose from.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #27

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
There is another manufacturer, Northern Lite, located in Kelowna. The company focuses on truck campers and also makes a trailer. I have friends connected to the business and I would love to see them have more success with their trailer. They show a basic trailer but in my conversations with them I think that a customer could add features. I have suggested that they add a "wet" bathroom from their campers to the trailer. The trailer also has loads of storage space with a closet all across the front of the trailer which might be great for extended trips. Loads of choices.

Congragulations to Tammy and Reace and their business on this announcement.Obviously providing what customers want.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 AM   #28

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
Roger, what made you zero in on a Tom Young's Trillium? What size? Why not a Scamp or Casita?
Just curious....Lloyd
Several things.
Talking to Tom on the phone, he seemed like a nice guy unlike the pushy Scamp saleman who will remain anonymous. My vehicle is only rated for 2K# so it's a 13' for us.
The location. Sacramento or Carson City are about 768 miles from us, whereas Rice TX is 2239 and Backus MN is 1541. Directly affects delivery charge and of course doubles for self pickup.
Actually the one I liked the best is the Burro. Reason:14' gives a scosh more room, built in head, and fg interior. But they are no longer made.
While the Canadian mfgrs are closer, Calgary 693 miles and Chilliwack only 158 miles, there is the problem of importing and, until now, Escape didn't offer a trailer smaller than 17' and 1900#.
The one problem I have had with ALL the mfgrs is the information offered on the website or even their brochures is very nebulous. Like: What lines the walls? I discovered that everyone uses vinyl except Casita who uses carpet, I guess. This is important when one has alergies.
I had many questions about these things and Tom, bless his heart, took the time to return my emails with the answers.
Actually I probably would already own a Northern Lite except they are too heavy. The reason is there is a dealer in the area. This factory pickup business is a bummer. I like to look at what I am buying. I usually buy my cars off the lot and don't order them and I guess I just don't feel comfortable buying something that isn't there.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, trillium