Announcement by Escape Trailer Industries & Trillium RV - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Roger, what made you decide on Tom Young's Trillium vs. the Outback made in Alberta? Lloyd

Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #30

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Roger, what made you decide on Tom Young's Trillium vs. the Outback made in Alberta? Lloyd

Well, Lloyd, the Outback Trillium had real appeal. We would be pulling it with a Subaru Outback. Cute, eh? However, they are 648 miles away, almost as far as CA/NV AND across an international border. I don't know what one would do trying to enter the US with an unlicensed Canadian trailer. I don't know if only filling out a form 3461 is sufficient or what? And what about duty on the trailer? Plus or minus, when I called Outback, the gal seemed really put out that I should ask for a brochure. "It's all on the website." Well, lady, if you don't want to send me a brochure, I don't think you want to send me a trailer, either. I did finally receive a brochure but there again, the only way to judge these people and their organization, is by the persons who answer their phone and it seems many of them could use some training on how to treat potential customers. Besides the drive to CA could be done in the winter in relative safety and except for the Siskiyous , no major pass between here and there (Carson City is different). Of course the traffic on I-5 between Portland and Seattle can rival rush hour at times, and this was 6 years ago the last time we took that route.
BTW that reminds me of another gripe I have with the mfgrs: No mention of that international border, e.g. American and Canadian models. Maybe the same, but then should say so.
With this new arrangement, with all models made in BC and shipped to CA/NV maybe I can convince them to drop one off as they pass my house. <_<

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Roger,

On another thread we discussed the way I was treated on the phone by an unmentioned woman who had no skill at all with folks that want to spend 17 thou on a trailer. At one point I asked her directly, "It doesn't seem to me that you are eager to help me purchase one of your vehicles". I will leave it there. I could go on and on. Anyway, glad to hear I am not the only one who "got the treatment". They need to put somone else in the sales office. This woman is hurting them financially. I still pursued the Outback since I wasn't sure that Tom Young's Co. would make it in the U.S. with his Trillium. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and do business with the new merger.

I don't think I realized that it would be a hassle buying in Canada and now it is not an issue. I frankly admire the fiberglass rv market up north. They also make fine eggs in the Netherlands. Check out the recent thread on "New Fiberglass rv in the Netherlands". My fantasy is to fly to Europe, attend rv shows, inherit a lot of money and send my favorite rig back to the U.S. I'm dreaming of course.

Are you ordering the 1300 model from Tom?

Thanks, Lloyd
Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #32

Washington
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Roger,
Are you ordering the 1300 model from Tom?

Thanks, Lloyd
We emailed him our wish list and am waiting for him to get back with prices.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #33

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
Quebec
Now we talking big $$$ for Escape , I always wonder why they don't produce a small "rig" for small tow car? The petrole price already affected big SUV sale , every one look at smaller car and hybrid, diesel or electric solution. They now get another option to pop up trailer

I know Scamp project to sell trailers in Canada (A CT dealer tell me he already made some negotiation with them to order 15) so the market is there you just need a good advertise strategy. Why you don't go to every RV show in Canada? I never saw Escape trailer at the Montréal or Québec RV show why?

Your got a good product and now a selection of 5 CT in custom or deluxe version, It's time to claim this market! It's time to show people what they need! It's time to be present when buyers are there to put the bacon down!

It's so easy to sell a superior product.....A lot more then selling ice cube to Eskimos (I have done show 3 years in row for a Japanese motorcycle company) Go for It ETI!
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #34

Washington
Registry
Unhappy

This thread is interesting to read since the recent post by Reace.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #35

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Good idea Roger,
Here is a link to the Sept. 5/09 announcement of the end of the alliance for a long term cross reference:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=37221

Tags
escape, trillium