Another Awning Option? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I accidently ran across this while searching for something else and can really see how this could work for us. I think there are three different ones: medium, large, and deluxe. It appears that the deluxe model even has side flaps so you could complete close it off at night.

It would require a method of attaching it to our trailers, but it weighs less than ten pounds, supposedly very easy to set up, rain proof and folds down to a small 8"x27".

I got more hits than I can post, but if you do a search for Kelty Carport Tent, you'll find quite a variation in pricing. Here's one link: Kelty Carport Tent Deluxe
Attached Images

Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Suz

Registry
Here are the other two. The large, nondeluxe model weighs about the same as one gallon of water! The small one is only about 4 lbs!

They are all three listed HERE.
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #3
Suz

Registry
Weights? Seems that different sites have different weights, but they all say they are less than ten pounds.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
might be a little tough opening the door to the egg.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Suz

Registry
I thought about that. Then on closer examination, it appears that it's made so a car door could open, so I think it would work. We would probably have to get the large one though so there would be enough clearance.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
I saw something called a carnopy on ebay today. I'm not sure how you could make it work on a trailer, but it looked interesting. The price was good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carnopy-Canopy-Marquee...1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping from uk is expensive.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I found this on a search... think it would work very well... but you would have to make an attachment to your egg to use it.. seems pretty reasonable, light, and would be easy to set up..

heres the site...
http://www.tailgatershade.com/suvawning.htm

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
[quote]
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I found this on a search... think it would work very well... but you would have to make an attachment to your egg to use it.. seems pretty reasonable, light, and would be easy to set up..

heres the site...

http://www.tailgatershade.com/suvawning.htm

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I've been thinking about that awning. I think I could attach it to top of Scamp with suction cups. I found some that have kind of a latching thing. I used one a couple weeks ago to attach a clothes line to trialer and the other end to a tree. Seemed to work quite well. In this case I might want to use 4, 2 at each connection point.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Suz,
The difference between the top of our van and where such an addition would come to on the trailer is about 2 1/2 feet. That means that if it were attached to the trailer, there would be about 2 1/2 feet from the ground to the bottom of the side walls of the tent. Maybe this would suffice for shade but not much else. Don't think it would work well as a substitute for an add on room. Then too, the length of the supporting rod combined with the material measurements wouldn't be sufficient to provide adequate height near the outside edge, the downward angle would be much sharper. Just my take on it. Don
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake

Name:   trimline_closed.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  12.5 KB

Here is one that may work...
http://www.dometicusa.com/awnings.php?product=39

Trim Line is available in 7' to 12' lengths in one-foot increments to fit your specific application and has an optional screen room.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Changing the subjecta little, we recently camped at Lake casitas. We were next to a tent trailer, a family of four. They put up this dandy little outdoor unit.. could be a dressing room, or bathroom. Looked really nice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0116.JPG  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #12

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
Changing the subjecta little, we recently camped at Lake casitas. We were next to a tent trailer, a family of four. They put up this dandy little outdoor unit.. could be a dressing room, or bathroom. Looked really nice.
I saw one of these outhouse/shower tents at Sportsmans Warehouse today. With a Sunshower bag or a bucket of hot water it would be very convenient. When I lived in Thailand I mastered the art of the single bucket shower. Put the tent the sun and zip it up and it's a portable sauna!
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #13

Trailer: 2005 Tab
I hope I have added my picture file properly. It is a picture of the "add a room" tent that attaches to the side of my T@B and doubles the size of the rig. Great Deal!!
Ken D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 Tab

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tab_and_Tent.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	3895

Lets try a smaller picture file!!!
Ken D is offline   Reply With Quote