Another Bigfoot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Same here Mike. The Maggie Rack was an option from Bigfoot that was published in their 2005 brochure and probably other years as well. There are a number of them out there installed by the factory. I would be curious too to find out how they are being used.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #16

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
Same here Mike. The Maggie Rack was an option from Bigfoot that was published in their 2005 brochure and probably other years as well. There are a number of them out there installed by the factory. I would be curious too to find out how they are being used.
Looks like we have our answer!

Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #17

I don't understand. Where's the answer?
Old 04-18-2009, 05:41 AM   #18

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Steve,

My hat is off to you if you are able to use the rack and ladder. I too have some of the Bigfoot sales brochures. I believe they are 2006, 2005 and copies of a few pages of 2004 that pertain to our trailer. I will save them, hoping they will become valuable. All that I know about racks and ladders I got from you and the guy who said it would cost $1500 to add one to his trailer. In fact, I can't find the names Pfat and Maggie in my brochures at all, although the rack and ladder are mentioned as an option. Interesting that the illustrations in the brochures have racks and ladders with fat tubes, but there is no example of the rack and ladder being put to use! I have no doubt that it is possible to carry freight up there, but anyone who might do so will be younger and/or more motivated than I am. In most cases, I think it's for show.

Have a good trip east to fetch your new 21.
Bob
Old 04-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #19

Bob,
Phat ladder is the name used by the manufacturer, Topline. You can find reference to the Maggie Rack in the Bigfoot brochure under the list of options. At least that's where I found it. Topline has both items shown on their website.

http://www.toplinemfg.com/instpdfs/t...hat_ladder.pdf
http://www.toplinemfg.com/html/rv-maggierack.html

I can't imagine using the roof for storage either but it would be interesting to hear from others that do. I found the rack and ladder on my 17.5CB to be unexpectedly indispensable. The ladder makes it easier to get up on the roof for washing and waxing and the rack saved me more than once from slipping off.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #20

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
I don't understand. Where's the answer?
Ooops, that was my attempt at humor...since there were no replies, assumed nobody uses the roof rack.

I'll retract the reply since the very small representation of roof rack owners here do not represent the many "out there" that may be using theirs and or those that didn't necessarily reply but do use theirs..... sinking fast....

Tags
bigfoot