Another "Can I see your Rig?" moment - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
We just got back last night from a three day Church retreat - a Walk to Emmaus weekend - in Gardnerville, Nevada. G'vill is on US 395 just 20-25 miles south of Carson City. As is my custom, when I arrive in a town, I normally gas up upon arrival. Then the morning of departure, I am good to go.

We were headed south on US 395 thru G’vill (where the speed limit is a STRICT 25 mph!) to gas up, and a fella pulled along side, tooted his horn, rolled down his window and we had a 25mph rolling chat. I ended up telling him where I was going for gas, and he stopped and took a look. He said... this is PERFECT - my dad has been looking for something just like this... Want to sell it?

Then at the retreat, had 3-4 more Lookie-loos.

Interesting phenomenon

Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
We just got back last night from a three day Church retreat - a Walk to Emmaus weekend - in Gardnerville, Nevada. G'vill is on US 395 just 20-25 miles south of Carson City. As is my custom, when I arrive in a town, I normally gas up upon arrival. Then the morning of departure, I am good to go.

We were headed south on US 395 thru G'vill (where the speed limit is a STRICT 25 mph!) to gas up, and a fella pulled along side, tooted his horn, rolled down his window and we had a 25mph rolling chat. I ended up telling him where I was going for gas, and he stopped and took a look. He said... this is PERFECT - my dad has been looking for something just like this... Want to sell it?

Then at the retreat, had 3-4 more Lookie-loos.

Interesting phenomenon
Yes, interesting phenomenon indeed. We had a few folks stop and ask about our Bigfoot 17.5CB. "Cute" was the usual remark. Now that we have our Bigfoot 21RB (not that much bigger than the previous trailer) I have yet to have someone ask about it. I guess we lost our charm.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Probably so... you are now closer to "normal" size - whatever THAT means.

Quote:
Yes, interesting phenomenon indeed. We had a few folks stop and ask about our Bigfoot 17.5CB. "Cute" was the usual remark. Now that we have our Bigfoot 21RB (not that much bigger than the previous trailer) I have yet to have someone ask about it. I guess we lost our charm.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
We were coming back east across the MI UP along Lake Superior just last week, with the Trillium in tow, and stopped at a highway rest area. There were several other RV's and I think I parked right next to one. On our way back to the car from the restroom a man sitting at a picnic table hollered over to us "Of all the RV's I've seen, I like yours best!" I puffed up a bit and said "thanks" back to him. Just a real nice feeling.

...MarvonW.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The people I bought my Scamp from... sold one at a rest stop! They had stopped to use the facilities and when they came back a couple offered cash on the spot if they'd sell it. They did... but first had to go to U-Haul and get a small trailer so they could bring all their personal stuff home. This was in Texas and they live in Oregon. As soon as they got home, they called Scamp and ordered a brand new one outfitted exactly they way they wanted it.... this was to be their fourth Scamp (I bought the second one).
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Yeah...they're interesting little trailers, aren't they? Certainly conversation starters! On our nearly 10,000 "maiden voyage" last fall, we found our trailer surrounded by fellow campers more often than I can recall. In St. Joseph, MO a guy offered to buy it right there, for cash. Since we'd only just purchased in a few weeks before our trip and were still MILES (states) away from home, I asked for $10k. (Hey, it was worth a shot, and I really wasn't ready to get rid of it.) He laughed and said, "No, seriously." I told him I was serious, too. That we still had a long trip ahead of us, and if I sold our new toy to him, I'd have to pay for a lot of hotel nights, plus find a replacement when we got home!

DH didn't really understand the whole FGT thing. he's into NEW stuff. But last week, on our way home from a family run, he was at the trailer for awhile while I accompanied the kids to the restroom. He said he had a few people come ask him about it, and one who pretended to just be walking by NOT taking pictures while clearly...taking pictures! Now he gets it, a little.

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I get that a lot too. kinda makes me feel good cuz I have done most of the work on the interior myself. I can't sell though, wouldn't be able to replace it.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote