another good find - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #15

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
So you make it back to your 13 foot camper with 45 gallons of fresh water successfully. The more important question is what are you going to do with the 45 gallons of gray water that you turn it into?

-- Dan Meyer

Old 12-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Good point!

Some of it obviously goes to black tank...

If one uses biodegradable soaps for shower and dishes and is not directly on water and was not dump the gray water on a well-used site, it should be OK -- Aside from contaminates, the real problem with gray water is excess dumping in one spot.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #17

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
I imagine if we are in a place where we need to have that much water stored up, we will be able to dispose of grey water naturally, by pouring it on the ground. Some would probably be drinking/cooking water, some dish clean up and some shower water. Disposal isn't really the issue here. When I tent camp, we don't have grey water tanks, we just pour water on the ground, rinse our dishes away from the camp site, etc... the only thing I wouldn't ever dump on the ground would be anything I consider to be toxic or solid human waste, that would have to be disposed of properly in any situation. It would get used a little at a time and spread out over many days of use, not dumped all at once. If we are staying where water is close by or there are strict dumping rules, we simply wouldn't use the big storage container. Most primitive camping that I have experience doesn't have water close by, so it would be nice to have enough to get us through the amount of time we would be camping out away from any hook ups stored in one container. We do our best to only use eco friendly cleaners when camping so we don't add toxic pollution to the ground no matter what. I just like the idea of having one container that can hold UP TO 45 gallons, nobody said you have to fill it up all the way each time you use it. I just don't want to have to keep lugging around multiple water containers like we have in the past, when we found a nice collapsable one that can hold 10, 20, 30+ gallons as we need it. This may not work for everyone, but I really thought it would be nice to mention it...
Old 12-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #18

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
I can't help but to promote a item I have had personal involvement in it's development, but is also so on topic.
Check out the perfect solution for water storage in a domestic emergency... HEWS

I designed the product packaging, graphic design as well as the product logo and it's website.

It's designed as a clean bathtub bladder for your drinking water after a emergency, but can also be used as portable water storage. As for it's use in a mobile application, I driven my shortbed 3/4 ton pick-up with a full HEWS in the truck bed with no problems at all. Full wt. is around 320 lbs., it fits good between the wheel wells.

ConwayBob
Attached Thumbnails
hews_bag4.jpg  
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #19

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
Thanks for sharing the HEWS info!! It's too bad you didn't post this sooner... I already ordered the other one, but will be sure to tell my friends about your product, as we are in the hurricane zone each year. Kudos on the designing! The price is good too!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #20

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Wilcox View Post
Thanks for sharing the HEWS info!! It's too bad you didn't post this sooner... I already ordered the other one, but will be sure to tell my friends about your product, as we are in the hurricane zone each year. Kudos on the designing! The price is good too!
Anyone know of a water bag, pillow, bladder, soft tank, etc in the 10 to 15 gallon range? I think a bag would be great to replace the plastic tank because the plastic tank wastes so much space and I want to put in a water heater in that area too.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #21

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
Anyone know of a water bag, pillow, bladder, soft tank, etc in the 10 to 15 gallon range? I think a bag would be great to replace the plastic tank because the plastic tank wastes so much space and I want to put in a water heater in that area too.
This might work great, check out the dimensions. Look here...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fresh-water...terid=c21717j8
Old 09-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #22

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
Henny Penny turned into Henry

FREE TO A GOOD HOME!

It seems one of my hens has turned into a rooster. I thought she looked a little manly but sometimes you never know. My husband told our son and I that we need to remove the head and put the plucked part in the freezer. I'd rather find him a good home on the farm.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #23

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
It seems one of my hens has turned into a rooster....
There is something topical here, I know it!