Another interesting one - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Another interesting one

Another interesting trailer making..............

The Happier Camper

VIDEO: Camping Will Never Be The Same Once THIS Incredible Invention Hits The Market! | American Overlook
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Kinda looks like overhyped text provided by the builder.
I looked and looked and didn't see the "Incredible Invention" that was mentioned.
Needless to say, I don't care for self-serving rave reviews/articles, of which this is one.....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Derek, the owner of Happier Camper, is a member on this forum and there are several thread on their new trailer, looks very cool
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-64780.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tos-68241.html
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Kinda looks like overhyped text provided by the builder.
I looked and looked and didn't see the "Incredible Invention" that was mentioned.
Needless to say, I don't care for self-serving rave reviews/articles, of which this is one.....
Thanks again bob for your positive remarks and views as for some reason you seem to be right on top of every post on the HCI . Maybe you have an interest in a competing manufacture . As to the self serving reviews /articles we have not posted them anywhere but on this forum and they have been picked up by other media outlets off of this forum. Being as you are in the LA area maybe you could give Derek a call and arrange for a personal tour of the hc1 and see how much we have overhyped the trailer
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #5

"Kinda looks like" was the opening and operative phrase in my post.....

No, I don't have any conflicting interests, but the average reader, would come to the conclusion that the writer would have cleared the article and copyrights to the images with the owner before publishing.

My critique wasn't of the product but of the poorly written copy, made especially so now that you are telling us that it was all lifted from internet sources, and that they have never seen one in person before writing the article?

My take on the copy is that it would look right at home in the Supermarket checkout line rag sheets. "Incredible Invention" is like saying "Shocking New (whatever)" Again, it was about the copy & presentation, and not the product.

Your argument should be with their copy editor.....

But, as we say in the trade, all publicity is good publicity

Old 05-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Ontario
Ok Bob that's fair , you are right that they have taken apon themselves to write what they have taken off the internet to make good press without our knowledge they even got our name wrong it's happier camper not happy camper and you are also right that most publicity can be good . While the statement in the headline of it being a incredible invention might be a stretch the part of it changing the way a lot of people camp maybe not
Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #7
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Thanks again bob for your positive remarks and views
LOL, Bob is still trying to figure out the meaning of the word "positive".

PS... i really like the hatch back idea on the egg above. My own idea would be to have it reversed so it would drop down and be used as a floor for an enclosed canvas/screened room, a bug room of sorts. It could almost double the sq footage of the egg.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
My own idea would be to have it reversed so it would drop down and be used as a floor for an enclosed canvas/screened room, a bug room of sorts. It could almost double the sq footage of the egg.
I can just see it, With a glass of wine in hand stepping into the rear extend-a-room, the tongue of the trailer rises quickly skyward followed by the modular furniture sliding back. I see a YouTube video potential here
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #9
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
I can just see it, With a glass of wine in hand stepping into the rear extend-a-room, the tongue of the trailer rises quickly skyward followed by the modular furniture sliding back. I see a YouTube video potential here
Quite so Ian. We had a a big Coleman pop up and set it up at my sister's place for the first time. Unhooked from the van and quickly set it up. Before I had a chance to drop the 4 corner jacks everyone piled in and sat at the back of the trailer. As per your blurb the tongue headed skyward and the back bumper was on the ground. Gingerly we adjusted the weight forward and gently soft landed the tongue back to earth. It can happen even without a glass of wine.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

There was an FGRV pictured here last year that had a drop down back wall with a tent expansion room attached. Anyone remember what it was?

There were also some truck campers in the 60's that had a drop down deck and sliding glass doors for the back wall of the camper.

I would worry more about what happens when it becomes a dance floor for 4 peeps after consuming 8 brewski's. That would be an incredible load for the hinge system and floor.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #11

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I LOVE this modular concept. What is unclear is how stove, sink, refrigerator, porta-pottie, etc. modules can function if portable.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Hi Guys, thanks for the messages and Positivity!
Bob, as always your excluded from that statement. Thanks for the support and good luck in building your dream trailer, i have a great name for it, you can call it "the troll". Dad, thanks for having my back
Bob, im here in Silverlake, 2755 fruitdale st, la, ca, 90039. I love visitors and would like to show you the HC1 prototype personally. I also have a lot of vintage fiberglass trailers that we rent and i would be happy to share restoration ideas with you. Its fun and why were all here.

All the posts and viral-ness that are happening right now are due to images and text being ripped off this forum. I only posted information on the HC1 here, and only uploaded the images here. None of these posts had any agreement from me to use them, and i wrote nothing but what is on here or on our current rental website. That said, im happy people are taking well to some of the new ideas and the modular interior, it has allways been a concern to me if folks would understand it. We had 3k people sign up to our mailing list, and over 30k of views on our introduction videos, so its all smiles around here.

I wanted the rear hatch to open up, as it makes for a extra room, we are developing the rear screen room that will attached to the hatch and will refine things as they go ofcourse. We have made a ramp that inserts into the 2" receiver on the back of the trailer to bring things like motorbikes into the rear hatch. Im allways looking for inspiring ideas and FGRV is full of them. Lets make and restore great trailers!

thanks again guys.
Derekmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #13

Gee, with a greeting like that who would want to visit ?????
But this is my dream trailer and it works out 100% for us:
Hunter Compact II Photos by advocateone | Photobucket
There are several other albums you may browse to pick up some tips from moi you like.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Gee, with a greeting like that who would want to visit ?????
But this is my dream trailer and it works out 100% for us:
Hunter Compact II Photos by advocateone | Photobucket
There are several other albums you may browse to pick up some tips from moi you like.
Bob those pictures of your mods and refinishes are really superb it's no doubt you are very knowlageble and passionate about fg trailers and it's probably a good thing to have some one with a critacle POV to keep us on our toes .
Old 05-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #15
Commercial Member

California
Bob your trailer is beautiful and looks like you have made many innovative additions. the Compacts are a great looking FGRV with a smart rear door design. Bring it by the lot if you need any help fixing something anytime. Would love to see it.

Ian, love the visual

Gilda, we haven't released all the information of photos on the trailer yet, just what i posted on here, whats being posted around is our first prototype, we are working on building the first batch of 10 HC1s now.

The Portable sink is a 20" x 20" x 20" cube that contains both a clean and gray water 5 gal tank, all the internal components and tanks are built custom out of roto-mold. It can sit on top of our bench cubes for counter top height. I felt most of our time in the little trailers is spent outside, so i wanted to make all the components be used inside and outside of the trailer, it also allows you to configure the interior of the trailer the way you like, some may want a sink in the classic Boler position, where others may want it on the back hatch like a tear drop for cooking outside. I like to take the sink out and put it on the picnic table bench for the perfect height. The stove top is just a standard butane stove top, but we chose a great looking one from Iwantani
We will not have a "fridge" but will use a thermoelectric cooler that fits perfectly into a modular cube. We are also building our own custom icebox that is a modular cube and can also be used as a bench seat and make up the interior of the trailer, so no space is wasted. Porta potie is also a standard Dometic porta-potie that fits perfectly into our modular cubes. The HC1 is designed to be customized any way you like, and can be upgraded at any time. We plan to always be working on upgrades and new modual components you can use in the future. Today i'm working on the closet component hopefully ready soon. Let me know if there are any questions or critiques! feedback is good!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Your butane stove looks great, but how am I supposed to put the stock pot on that burner for boiling corn on the cob?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #17
Commercial Member

California
Hey Glenn, the burner is plenty big enough for a stockpot, its got a great design to it and the burner is quite large and robust. Again, i will never be able to please everyone as we all have different uses for the little trailers. Your welcome to put the stovetop you feel best in the HC1, this is just the one im suggestion as i like the quality, design and use of it, i have tested out quite a few. That said. I really would love a nice hot piece of buttered corn right now, thanks for making me hungry.. is it lunch yet?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #18

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Derek, the HC1 is a fantastic design. Let your work defend itself.
The concept, the craftsmanship all look superb. Everyone has a classic design that they favour but there will always be room for new and original ideas. Not everyone wants to restore a vintage trailer!
Keep posting your work and keep us informed, I thoroughly enjoy reading about your innovative trailer.
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #19

Thanks for the compliments guys, they are appreciated, especially from those in the trade.

And thank you for the offer of help, but actually I was going to make the same offer to you..... LOL