Another Start-Up going on in BC? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Another Start-Up going on in BC?

Don't have any information. I don't know if this is a from-scratch-build or if the builder is buying 13' eggs and totally renovating. All I have is this one ad: 2012 - 13' Boler style "Reproduction"
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Given the last photo, and the fact he refers to them as "Reproduction", I would say he is making them from scratch. He must have built some moulds off of a Boler though.

I don't really care for the look of how he builds the doors in, but there does seem to be some nice features for the cost.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The flat door could be made a bit better. Having a flat door in an egg gives the possibility of a flat RV-style screen door, which I see in the pics. Kinda reminds me of a Play-Mor II
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #4

Registry
Still not a fan of the look of the Pla-Mor II, but it is a bit better. I much prefer the moulded look that most use.

I really like the roll away flat screen used by Escape. After using other trailers where the screen is a royal pain in the rump to use when it attaches itself to the door, this type is a godsend.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
With all the old production facilities out there for bolers and early scamp there may have been some surplus molds laying around. I don't like the flat door look but after dealing with a couple of curved doors I have given it a thought or two.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Boler Repo

A flat door is cheaper, easier to make and accepts after market screen doors. They just look funny.

I hope the industry doesn't commit suicide with all the marques extent. Like fast food restaurants can do at an intersection: one makes it good, two do okay, three are marginal and four ruin it for all.

Which brings up the question: Boler, Trillium, etc did well and then collapsed. Does anyone know why?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #7

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Is it possible that these folks are taking old Bolers and making changes to the existing structure?
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #8

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
He's got a "line" as he has two lined up with the door case in place in a cutout in the foreground example; bonded to shell and glass encased or whatever they do in the background. Personally, I find the cantilevered doorcase an aesthetic abomination and wouldn't be surprised if it deteriorated structurally down the road. Casita does the same thing with their flat door but the threshold on this thing sticks out like a big toe. It is possible to put a flat door in a recess (Escondido Burro). I think the little thing has some merit inside. The mirror on the bulkhead next the door has some utility and probably some psychological benefit also by making the trailer seem bigger.

I couldn't deal with that mixing bowl of a sink but there are worse (those combo sink/gas burner units in the Trills). I understand that lots of folks with 13's live "inside on the outside" like Wonko The Sane so probably not that important. Wonder if those castoring business office chairs are fixed to the floor or have to be stowed when you drag up? Has a lovely open feeling like the couple Bolers I've been in and some 13' Scamps. Mattress suggests non-convertible at least on this particular example. Bedspread and matching curtains shows the outfit has a sense of marketing on the cheap.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...The flat doors look like off the shelf std. RV doors. That may mean easy to replace components. Seems though they haven't got the curtain rods updated without rivets through the shell. Hard to tell from the pic's.
Could give some much needed employment to folks from the interior of B.C. Thanks for the link Donna D!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #10

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
Boler like

from the enlarged view I notice the seam that divides the center piece of the bed runs from side to side. I have a 93 Bigfoot and the door is straight but it doesn't look like this one which I don't care for either.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #11

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thats exciting.
Yes, the door doesn't look great but then neither do all the bottom gaps on the curved doors!
The inside looks quite innovative, would be nice to see one in person. Hopefully someone in the area could stop by and report back?
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Could give some much needed employment to folks from the interior of B.C. Thanks for the link Donna D!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Agree Alf, not going to knock anyone's efforts to create employment.
Wish the party would post his new company info here for more to see though.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I couldn't deal with that mixing bowl of a sink but there are worse (those combo sink/gas burner units in the Trills)
My wife and I love ours. Having the flush lids is great for prepping foods on the counter. We would use one again in a heartbeat if we got another trailer. We would likely go with a two burner if doing it again though.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
One of the items in the photos in the ad has me a little puzzled - looks to me that when using the bathroom you would be hard pressed to close the door, looks like your feet would end up outside the door. If that's the case wonder if it might not be more space efficient to just have a pull out porta potty allowing the space above the toilet to be put to better use.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #15

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
I believe that I see a fan venting from inside the washroom into the main cabin.

Personally, I would vent to the exterior. I'd rather have NO vent in the washroom at all than have it vent into the cabin.

Clayton
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #16

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Interesting link. Too bad the interior design still doesn't match our 'dream' trailer! I too would prefer a porta potti and more storage space. I have no use for the stovetop and sink - but would like a bed that we can both get in and out of easily.
The door would look better if it was recessed into the trailer instead of sticking our like a sore thumb.
I'm waiting to see the 'real' webpage with more information.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #17

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Its curious that nothing comes up in an online search about these trailers. I tried to do a reverse lookup on his phone number, but there is nothing there too. I just posted a message to the owner of the original kijiji listing, inviting him to join us. Maybe he will give us more info. If he gets a few email requests for more information, maybe he will shed some light on this mysterious kijiji listing.

Derek
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #18

Registry
I sent him an email when Donna first posted about stepping in and talking about his product if he desires. I have not heard back yet.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #19

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I sent him an email when Donna first posted about stepping in and talking about his product if he desires. I have not heard back yet.
Multiple emails make us harder to ignore. Perhaps he will join us.

Derek
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #20

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Looks like a great floorplan to me. Actually acknowledges that it's for Two peeps and not an entire family. As long as we are making suggestions though, I once saw a custom ordered BigFoot that had a fixed bed with huge outside doors in the back to access the under bed storage, a great idea.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote