Any experience with a Go Little Guy trailer? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #1

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: In the market
Indiana
Any experience with a Go Little Guy trailer?

Excuse me if this has already been discussed, as I could not find any previous threads. Anyone have experience with one of the Go Little Guy teardrop trailers - LINK ? It looks like, for my needs, that a 5-wide or 6-wide might be what I'm needing.
jgoldwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Since it's not a molded fiberglass trailer there probabaly haven't been a lot of discussions about it. But there seem to be some tear droppers around here and they might be able to help you. But because it's not a focus of the forum, the information might be limited. You might want to ask your question on rv.net as you might find more information. Good luck to you......

Couple years ago, I did see one in person. It was really cute and seemed roomy for how small it was.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Jeremy, we don't discuss aluminum sided trailers much around here... like Robin mentioned. You may find the answers you are seeking by joining and posting at a teardrop forum. I suggest: Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers

If you're looking for something a bit bigger, but molded fiberglass... I think the Orcas are totally cool: Orca Trailers and Iron Horse Trailers, light weight fiberglass enclosed and open trailers

If you're looking for used, there's an Teardrop American for sale, note it's not fiberglass but ABS plastic and we have several members here on FiberglassRV that own them: 1989 Teardrop American | Spokane, WA | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Good luck on your hunt.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #4

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Send me an email.. We have a Little Guy Rascal
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
We used to own a Little Guy teardrop deluxe, with their first generation add-a-room. We loved it, but had to move on. Some of the early models had some dry rot issues. Fortunately we never ran into that problem with ours. We were able to tow our Little Guy with a 2002 Kia Rio Cinco(wagon). The sides and roof were not aluminum, but a fiberglass or poly sheet type product. The primary problem for us was the climb in and out of bed through the window/door. Fortunately for us we were able to find our project, and move up to our Scamp.

HTH
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #6

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
In 2007, we sold our Scamp and bought a LittleGuy 4-wide. We love it. It is so easy to tow, and we just feel free-er. I sent you a PM if you would like to ask any questions.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #7

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
The EggCamper teardrop manufactured here in Mich. I think is FG but bigger than the LittleGuy TEARDROP

Saw both a Littleguy and TaB teardrop in Frankenmuth Mi. Memorial weekend, kept us from being the smallest camper in the RV Park full of monster RV's. The beasts seem drawn to 50 amp service.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #8

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
We stopped and looked at the Eggcamper factory and looked at both the Eggcamper and his teardrop.. We have a Little Guy Rascal and prefer it to the Eggcamper Teardrop.. Didn't seem to have much advantage over our Rascal. The owner himself didn't seem too sold on them either.
We just sold our 19 foot Funfinder this week and pick up our new Scamp 13 in June
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #9

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I have a 2008 Little Guy 5-wide. It is easy to pull, but I couldn't figure out why my battery kept dying. I had a charge wire on my tow pickups. Come to find out, the factory failed to hook the charge wire up to the battery when they wired it.

I've not had any leaks, and the last few trips have been in some hefty rains.

The company has since changed hands. Prices have gone up.

I like it but I am looking for something a bit bigger--maybe even with a bathroom.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #10

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: In the market
Indiana
Thanks for the replies. I'm considering a 2012 6-wide. Amy suggestions on what to order, or what to expect? Thanks!
jgoldwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #11

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Here is a lengthy thread on another site.

Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - Little Guy 6'-wide teardrop

I just got back from a trip to NW Montana. I'm liking my Little Guy now.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote