Any thoughts on the Serro Scotty? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
See? Yer good for sumtin!

Gina D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
GINA! Go to your room!

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #17
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I was surfing the net and ebay and found the Serro Scotty made by the [b]Amish in Penn. Anyone have any thoughts on these? I am no where near that state but I just wondered. The website gave no info on how many were able to sleep in the small one. Liz
I had always liked these! Before I found 'glass, I wanted to get one of the larger ones. But I was actually looking to buy a vintage unit... I would be tempted by one of these new ones if I could get it for the auction price instead of the Buy-It-Now.

It is buried in the small print; they claim to sleep 4.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #18
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Perhaps these were/are made by Mennonites?
DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Concerning built by the Amish - I believe that manufacturers using this "slogan" should be avoided as I feel it is inappropriate. There are the old Amish wearing black and avoiding all the trappings of the modern world, the newer order which allow colors in their dress and use some of the more updated technologies. Many of the newer order have taken jobs on the regular economy because of the financial necessity. These manufacturers appear to employ some of the newer order Amish thus "built by the Amish". They use no superior methods over the other manufacturers but might give you a feeling that there is some sort of superb craftmanship is involved. I grew up in SW Michigan/N Indiana and we have had 7 RVs, lived over 4 years full-time in RVs and kept a close eye on the industry. Entry level units in your standard trailer (wood, aluminum, steel) shake apart at an amazing rate and then leak and a little water goes a long way. We had a brand new $10,000 Coleman pop-up in 1996 and had the roof replaced twice under warranty and was ready to have it replaced again when someone stole it from our yard with the lock in place on the hitch - that was really a break because the warped roof had pushed the ceiling on the inside down and the canvas was fitting right because of the many times it was removed. Other were no better - usually rood and floor related issues. We had seen many serious problems with even the most expensive units especially with weight issues . Additionally, these units do not hold value and many people find they owe more than the trailers are worth. Cathy
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #20
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Went and pulled the cover off of my Casita on Sunday so that I could install my flat screen TV and DVD player. I had four days off this week and was really wanting to dewinterize it and take it to the mountains, but my wife talked me out of it.

I am really, really homesick for my Casita!

Our trip to the Keys in April can't come soon enough.

BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote