Any west coasters out there? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Scamp (Renovated)
We are traveling around the west coast (currently in Portland) and would love to meet other Scampers (or similar!)

Thanks!
Taylor and Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
HECK YES!!!

We are in Galt, CA (25 miles +/- south of Sacramento on CA-99)
2008 Scamp Deluxe 5er.
And a buddy in town also has a 2007 Scamp Deluxe 5'er.

Quote:
We are traveling around the west coast (currently in Portland) and would love to meet other Scampers (or similar!)

Thanks!
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Taylor and Steph you guys are in Egg country! From where your at all the way to the southern tip of Calif is the most egg population I know of............... Enjoy! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
would love to meet other Scampers (or similar!)
How long will you be in Oregon? We are taking most of the month of July off work to travel with our Fiber Stream. We will be at the Oregon Gathering on the 2nd weekend.

Otherwise, we'd be happy to meet you down in San Diego or environs...
Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:

Thanks!
May 8/10 up here in British Columbia is our spring Egg Meet in Fort Langley....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:

Thanks!
Portland would be Wet Coasters

Now here on the Central Coast of California

on down for the Lake San Antonio Rally.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Portland would be Wet Coasters
Ewwww, Mike those might be fighting words.......... From those Oregonians! LOL............
Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hey fellow egg campers - this is Janelle in Portland, Oregon ('84 13' Scamp)- where Taylor and Stephanie have their little Scamp parked for a few days, taking in the sights of Portland before casting out to travel the west coastline proper. I just want to tell the quick story of these two - my partner saw them driving down 82nd Avenue (not one of Portland's prettiest) and had them c'mon over to see ours. They are currently plugged in and hanging out. It beats a WalMart parking lot, for sure! They are an amazing couple and are on an incredible journey - so for those of you out there that can give them pointers/ideas of where to go on their west coast adventure - chime in. Consider this an excellent character reference. Look for the Texans with the 13' Scamp heading down 101.
Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
We live just a bit further south than Mike Sanders on Highway 101/1. There's some great camping down this way. Let us know when you're headed south of The Border (OR/CA) and I'll be happy to offer some pointers!

OH! And when you cruise through Stinson Beach on Highway 1 north of San Francisco, stop in Odyssey Video for some yummy ice cream and/or coffee treats and say "Hi" to my favorite aunty. She'll probably be there...she usually is! She can give you lots of dirt on the area.

Jen in Orcutt, CA
'72 Compact Jr.
'00 Toyota Sienna
'00 and '02 children
Old Man and Me

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #10

Sorry I can't suggest any must do camping areas since it's been years since I actually traveled from Portland down the coast. But honestly, everything about the road trip from Portland all the way to the southern tip of Calif is worth seeing. Of course the coast will be beautiful, but I think there is so much to see even inland in both Oregon and Calif. So no matter which way to go, your going to see some beautiful country. Now, that being said finding beauty in Bakersfield when it's 110 is a little more difficult (sorry Bakersfield) but you can always turn to the coast before you get to that point. I would highly suggest the Redwoods! Then basically I would have you zig zagging all of the way.............. from the mountains to the coast and back............... LOL. Enjoy your travels. Robin
Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Here are some Portland, OR area gems to try out:
  • Silver Falls
  • Columbia River Gorge
  • Evergreen Air & Space Museum (home of the Spruce Goose)
  • Columbia River Maritime Museum
  • Cannon Beach (where the Puffins are nesting right now!)
  • Crater Lake
  • Mt St Helens
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #12

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
old town Eureka should be seen at least once. Hwy one south there is ALOT of historical things to see and it is beautiful. Golden Gate bridge is worth the site. I recommend Big Sur, Monterey, Pismo Beach, Hearst Castle, Malibu etc. Just keep coming south. Also Yosemite is worth a weeks stay there. If you come all the way south send a note we would love to meet ya.

Alexandra
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #13

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Hi Taylor and Steph.......

There is west coast north of you too, and lots of eggs up here. You can't get any more west, or coast, than the Olympic Peninsula, (except for BC) with the Olympic mountains, Olympic National Park, the largest temperate rainforest, rugged beaches in the National Park, or if you prefer, sand beaches a bit south, and did I mention the beautiful Victorian Seaport town of Port Townsend? If this interests you send us a PM, we would be happy to tell you more, recommend wonderful places to camp, you could even visit with us on our woodsy property.

We aren't Scamp, but ex-Burro and current Escape owners might qualify us as "similar"

As to all those remarks about wet coast and the sunny south - it is a beautiful sunny day here, expected to hit 70, which for us Northwesterners is just about a perfect day. The wild bleeding hearts carpet our woods, the wild salmonberry and current has hummingbirds flitting around it, fruit trees blooming, Rhododendrons everywhere.
I don't think ANY of those beauties could survive dry southern CA!

Penney

PS It had gotten to 80 here today, nice breeze, and by the way, without rain we wouldn't be the evergreen state!
Come visit!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #14

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
Quote:
Thanks! We here in Marin Co. have Muir Woods, Pt. Reyes seashore, Mt. Tamalpias, S.F. Bay to name a few.

We are 15 to 30 minutes away from them all. Free hook up on street.
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #15

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
I couldn't agree with Penney more! Though I'm a native Californian, we visit Washington annually. My first year visiting WA involved 6 visits over a 10-month period. It never rained....not ONCE! NOT EVEN WHEN I VISITED THE RAINFOREST! (Go figure!)

We have since been there when it rained, sleeted, even snowed along the coast, but we're talkin' late November/early-December.

Washington is NOT to be missed! (Then head our way for dry heat...)

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote