Any word from Lil Snoozy ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Any word from Lil Snoozy ?

I've followed the posts regrading Lil Snoozy with great interest but don't see any activity or progress reports from Nicholas.

Anyone heard what they are up to ? How they are doing ? Sales ?

Seems odd that it just got quiet all of a sudden.

Santiago
Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I talked with them today, and they are going to the Pa gathering July 15th. I'm going also so I can see them up close, along with seeing some of the others who are going too. But it sounds like they are selling some trailers and are very open to customizing their trailers , very nice people to talk with.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I talked with them today, and they are going to the Pa gathering July 15th. I'm going also so I can see them up close, along with seeing some of the others who are going too. But it sounds like they are selling some trailers and are very open to customizing their trailers , very nice people to talk with.
Tim, that's great news.

Yes please do get back to us with photos if you can. I wish I could attend but I am on the West Coast.

Can you find out if the over all height is 7'-5". Can you eyeball the ground clearance so if I were to temporarily lower the trailer I could push it through my 7 ft garage door. This would mean I would need to lower it 5+ inches while in storage, again assuming the overall height really is not higher than 7'-5".

Can you find out how they attach their furniture to the walls. Are all wall areas equally available for attachment ? Do they need to prep certain sections in advance knowing that it will have furniture mounted.

I saw a photo Melissa took of the frame and it did not have the disk brake rotor as in an earlier photo, wonder if disk brakes were dropped ?

I wonder if the frame is still galvanized. Also were they able to paint it black. I would spray Snoozy's galvanized frame with automotive tar like undercoating like I did with my 13 ft Scamp. Looks good and sticks well. Good protection and changes bright galvanized color to black. If I buy one, I would ask for this instead of black paint.

I emailed Nicholas asking these as well as complementing their initiative to innovate but have not received a response.

Thanks again Tim and look forward to your report as well as the others.

Santiago in Anaheim
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Something to think about, if I ever decided to purchase an Escape RV (made in western canada) and you ever decided to purchase a Lil Snoozy RV, then I'd go down and pick it up here in SC and tow it out to you somewhere in Ca on my way to Canada. Something to consider in times of $1000 to $1500 delivery fees from factories. Maybe we should start an exchange forum topix here where things like this could happen- thinking out loud.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Something to think about, if I ever decided to purchase an Escape RV (made in western canada) and you ever decided to purchase a Lil Snoozy RV, then I'd go down and pick it up here in SC and tow it out to you somewhere in Ca on my way to Canada. Something to consider in times of $1000 to $1500 delivery fees from factories. Maybe we should start an exchange forum topix here where things like this could happen- thinking out loud.
That's a great idea CPA. Yes delivery costs are pricey. Will keep that in mind, although I would prefer visiting the factory and getting the orientation first hand if possible.

By the way I am in Southern California, city of East Anaheim.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #6

New York
Santiago, I will have to wright down these questions but would be happy to ask them for you. And I'm sure someone will get back to you, I know they were very receptive to my questions via the phone. I did one better I copied and pasted, printed your ? 's . I'm also pretty sure they are disc brakes, and the frame is gal. Tim
Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #7

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I called them,Nick answered the phone and we gabbed for a while,twice.
Just give him a call?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Ed,

Are you feeling the need to get yet ANOTHER camper?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Ed,

Are you feeling the need to get yet ANOTHER camper?

CindyL
interest not need,I can stop anytime......I come to my senses!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #10

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
I've followed the posts regrading Lil Snoozy with great interest but don't see any activity or progress reports from Nicholas.

Anyone heard what they are up to ? How they are doing ? Sales ?

Seems odd that it just got quiet all of a sudden.

Santiago
Did you happen to see the posts from our trip to Lil Snoozy? Go to the address below.......password is fiberglassrv (all lower case).

http://lilsnoozy.shutterfly.com/pictures
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #11

New York
Very nice building pics Lew, thanks for posting them. That had to be a very interesting tour. I will take some of the finished product @ Pa gathering.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
Did you happen to see the posts from our trip to Lil Snoozy? Go to the address below.......password is fiberglassrv (all lower case).

http://lilsnoozy.shutterfly.com/pictures
Thanks BigLew, yes I did see them earlier and enjoyed them. You did a good job reporting back after your trip. The pics are clear and very informative. Wish Nicholas's web site had them.

Did they tell you how the hydraulic disk brake gets actuated ? Travel trailers send a modulating electrical signal back to the braking system. I assume there is a converter that actuates hydraulic force based on tow vehicle electrical signal coming from a Prodigy like sender. The alternative would be a unit on the tongue that senses deceleration and does not need a brake controller in the tow vehicle. Just curious.

Did you notice how they attach the wood furniture to the shell ? Shell seems pretty thin for driving screws into them. I know Escape bonds wood slats in areas they will be attaching furniture which seems reasonable. My Scamp has two areas with wood and insufficient in my opinion as everything else has rivets meaning perforating the shell. Not good.

The outboard wheels leave a flat interior floor throughout, nice to not have to worry about wheel wells. The trailer shell is about as wide as most eggs but the outboard wheels should offer better lateral stability due to the increased tracking. Remember when Pontiac milked the wide tracking of their cars long ago.

As much as I like traditional side entry door, you got to admit the rear door is wide, flat and appears make the small trailer roomier. Did I mention no wheel well to contend with. All that makes the rear door more attractive. Another advantage is no wheel well damage in case of a blowout.

Well BigLew, thank you for the very nice photos. I look forward seeing one in person. You can be sure I will have my camera, paper, pencil and a tape measure on hand when I do. An important measurement for me is the overall height without vents. I hope to be able to garage my next trailer. I orderd my 2005 13 ft Scamp without vents. Roof is bare and obstruction free. The critter rolls right through my 6' -11" ft high garage door opening.

Santiago in Anaheim
Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #13

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Howdy from the surface of the sun! That is what it feels like anyway! I apologize for my absence from the forum, but we have been NON Stop around the plant. We are having the time of our lives though. I cannot wait to finally meet many of you this weekend in PA. We are heading out around midday tomorrow (Thursday) and plan a stop in Hagerstown MD for the night, then arrive at the campsite sometime around midday on Friday. See Ya'll then!!
LiL Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #14

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
hey Nick.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
Howdy from the surface of the sun! That is what it feels like anyway! I apologize for my absence from the forum, but we have been NON Stop around the plant. We are having the time of our lives though. I cannot wait to finally meet many of you this weekend in PA. We are heading out around midday tomorrow (Thursday) and plan a stop in Hagerstown MD for the night, then arrive at the campsite sometime around midday on Friday. See Ya'll then!!
Hey Nick.....your not that far from us here in Lancaster if you wish to have a place to rest your head. Doors open, clean sheets, hot shower....and the fridge is close by!
I believe you have our phone number and address. Give us a call if your interested.
Lew
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote