Anybody camp with one of these? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #21

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I have a Klepper Master Power, row ans sail boat.
I have to make a new hull as a replacement is a little pricey.

redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #22

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Believe it or not, these little 2-person flat-bottom boats, like our Pond Prowler, are great for lake trolling. We'll throw a couple lures out the back and one off each side, and use the front-mounted trolling motor to slowly pull our way along the banks and up into little tributaries - then just kick back and enjoy the slow ride through Mother Nature until something hits. We once had a nice-sized striped bass and a huge crappie hit at the same time while trolling, which made for a bit of a "Keystone Kops" moment getting them both in at the same time on a boat this small without a lot of elbow room to spare. Fun times, great memories...
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #23

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
A "huge crappie"... isn't that an oxymoron? I agree, trolling can be very relaxing, provided the lake isn't too weedy (which would make one spend all his time clearing snags). Trolling is how my dad and I always fished on our annual trips to Ontario. Great memories indeed.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #24

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
I fought the delema of taking the wife/boat...myself for a season or two,,then fell on the perfect,(for me) solution. an inflatable pontoon .

you can look them up on line ,,mine is 10 foot long. the pontoons , 12v pump for inflating, pfd, and other stuff fits in one plastic storage tub. the frame work brakes down and fits in a trunk, or on the bed in the camper for travel. I leave mine assembled and tuck it into the back of my pickup with our other overflow gear.
mine holds over 300 pounds , can run a regular trolling motor 30 pound thrust and a battery. rows easy. comfortable swivel seat with a nice padding. rod holders. all sorts of storage. you sit comfortable over a foot above the water. super stable. mine cost around $350. air bladers are replacable. perfect if you get up early and the wife likes to sleep in.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #25

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Some of my best boating memories were made in small boats.

I believe most people who have spent time around lake Marina's, will agree that the smaller the boat...the more it is used!

Here is a photo of a 8-foot Puddle Duck Racer that I built and sailed for several years. I had a 2-HP Honda outboard that powered it when I chose not to sail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Puddle Duck Lake Eufaula.gif
Views:	13
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	93584

Small boats are a lot of fun, and in most cases the cost is very reasonable.

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #26

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
We camp with our 14 ft. Adirondack Guide Boat...but...that sail looks a lot easier than my set of oars!

Happy Camping!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #27

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Boats

I use a 16 ft. canoe. Flat bottomed so you can stand up and cast with no issues for stability. 68 lbs. No moving parts. Fits on top of car or truck with home made rack. Could add a trolling motor if needed - preferably electric. Fiberglass, low maintenance. Simple, and lots of room for two and gear.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #28

Trailer: Boler 1984
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1458596935.113511.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	93592
Canoes and kayaks are home built and each has been used for bass fishing in Long Point marsh in Lake Erie. They compete well with the big bass boats but greener and with less haste.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #29

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Attachment 93592
Canoes and kayaks are home built and each has been used for bass fishing in Long Point marsh in Lake Erie. They compete well with the big bass boats but greener and with less haste.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Yes, no rush! I actually have wood and canvas canoe as well that is my favourite since it's quiet. It's 47 years old and I've owned it since it was born here on the Wet Coast. Paddled fresh water lakes and rivers, but mostly multi-day ocean journeys. I always end up with the guitar as they don't fit well in kayaks! Make mine wood any day. Do you know about the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association based in NY?