Anybody dealing with physical ailments delaying traveling or camping? PART 2 for 2016 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #15

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
Something that just hit me--our older pug girl has limitations, too.
She's slower, blinder, deafer, stiffer--and she has a little leakage problem
at night when she sleeps so soundly she doesn't wake herself up to "go."

So we have a small plastic pond liner under the back bed, with her very washable
bedding in it, and we got lucky and had made the beds JUST too tall for her
to get up on them. Otherwise we'd be shuffling her off them al night long, or having to lock her in a crate, which is OK normally but I hate to do it when it's hotter.
She snoops around looking for ways up, begs some, and eventually gives a little sigh and crawls into her "nest" and snuggles down...then we clean things up in the AM. (Paul takes her out whenever he can during the night, but sometimes we all sleep through that crucial moment)-- anyway, we solved it,
partly by thinking it through and partly by luck.

So far many of our own issues have been resolved the same ways--thought and luck. (And cash, and work, and lowering expectations...)

So many posting here are doing the same thing, working through things and keeping going as they can.

My applause to all, those who forge on, those who rest, those who plan, those who suffer...those who enjoy regardless, share their stories, and give us all inspiration. And you all do inspire me.

I'm less sad for reading what you've all shared.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #16

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: at Linden, WA the local Studebaker Club is going to be there the same weekend and share space with them, So Judy and I hope to be there to.
Stude
guess I had better get a hustle on my remodel so it is ready to pull and can be slept in by Sept 10. It of course won't be completed but at least it will be dry inside.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #17

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
guess I had better get a hustle on my remodel so it is ready to pull and can be slept in by Sept 10. It of course won't be completed but at least it will be dry inside.

I cannot find this event online. I don't know where it's being held or when. I found the chamber of commerce site, but it doesn't mention it.
We'd love to go.

Stude, can you help us out? k corbin--any ideas?
Old 08-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #18

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
I cannot find this event online. I don't know where it's being held or when. I found the chamber of commerce site, but it doesn't mention it.
We'd love to go.

https://tincantourists.com/blog/even...trailer-rally/

The host of the event's facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/events/166304277046929/

The location it is being held at
http://nwwafair.com/

The name of the event is "Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally 2016"
Old 08-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
We'd love to go.

Is this part of the thread referring to the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally? I king of came into the middle of the conversation.

If so, their FB shows it as Sept 6 at the Northwest Washington Fair and Event Center.

I was looking for it a few days ago, thinking about taking our newly aquired 1970 Trails West Campster up. Thanks to you, I was able to locate the page.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 08-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #20

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #21

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
https://tincantourists.com/blog/even...trailer-rally/

The host of the event's facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/events/166304277046929/

The location it is being held at
Northwest Washington Fair & Event Center

The name of the event is "Mt Baker Vintage Trailer Rally 2016"

Thanks, k corbin! Found it online. Wish there was more info, such as our biggest Q: are dogs allowed? Our older medical alert girl is 15 and we don't leave her...and our younger med alert girl is her constant companion and the old one cries constantly when the young one isn't around.

It makes camping and planning harder--but we won't have the old one many more years and que sera, sera.

It's about a 4 - 5 hour drive for us, more if traffic is heavy. We'd already decided to limit our drives to 5 hours a day, so going up and back in one day is too much.

Paul really wants to go. I've suggested he go alone with Peanut and leave me and the girls here. Maybe he'll decide to do that, in which case he'll manage fine. He always does.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #22

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
While waiting for Lil Snoozy to be completed, DH and I took the Amtrak Roomette to Washington DC. I used my chair cane to get around, and the redcaps were very visible and helpful, altho in the past, when I was more mobile, practically invisible. But they were carrying my bags and bringing up golf carts to get from the train car to the station.
In DC proper we asked for loaner wheelchairs at the Smithsonian and at The National Cathedral. I don't think I could have tolerated walking around, and DH foud himself with a wee bit of shoulder stiffness from pushing me for 5-6 hours a day.

We stayed at the AYHI hostel in a 10 bed co ed dorm and there was only 1 night I had to sneak around with a spraycan of Lysol to spray athletic shoes- the "crunchy cornchip" smell was nowhere near as noticeable as it was in 2014, when I did this trip with my 19 year old grandson and was able to walk over most of DC.

A couple times I absolutely could NOT walk to Metro -even with the cane- and once we took a txi cab and a couple times a pedicab when I was that bad off.

Hoping that I'll be able to tolerate camping in the Lil Snoozy when I get it.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:19 PM   #23

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Down for the count this year....uuuggggggg
Attached Thumbnails
14720913485092131304291.jpg  

2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
JWScarab is offline   Reply With Quote