Anyone attending RV Shows? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
The annual Pomona RV Show is coming up next week and we're thinking of attending just to see what's new. The show size is expected to be half of what it was in previous years. I wonder if it's worth the trip. Anyone attend any shows lately?
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Where is the show you are thinking about going to?
Sorry just saw you said pomona not enough coffe yet!
What are the dates though?

I want to talk to some people about getting a solar system installed.

thanks

Alexandra
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #3

The show runs Oct. 16-25. We're planning to attend this Saturday. Here's a link to the show website.
http://www.carvshow.com/
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have been to the Pomona show almost every year. Its 99.999% stickies, but going through them can give you ideas for your own rig.

I like the vendors tent the best however.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #5

Apparently the show is so small this year that you don't have to take a shuttle from the parking lot to the show. Parking is alongside the event. Times have changed. They have even included a car show the day we plan to attend.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Often thought that there should be fiberglass represented at these but haven't seen. We've been thinking about just taking our Casita with us to these shows, leaving it in the parking lot hooked up and putting a telephone number on it since we get checks for showing if someone buys a new one. Anybody else done this or had this thought?
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Often thought that there should be fiberglass represented at these but haven't seen. We've been thinking about just taking our Casita with us to these shows, leaving it in the parking lot hooked up and putting a telephone number on it since we get checks for showing if someone buys a new one. Anybody else done this or had this thought?
An Oliver was present last year. The year before they set up in the parking lot. There was another fiberglass trailer there (in the show) too but I can't remember the name.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
My husband and I went to the Pomona RV show yesterday.

Steve, thanks so much for the heads up. I got on the web site and even printed discount coupons.

So, a report:

No Fiberglass campers at the show. Didn't see any in the parking lot either.

I don't know how big the show was in past years, but we were able to see a lot of trailers in just 2-3 hours, so probably not as many exhibitors as years past.

We did look at the Forrest River r-pods. I know someone on this site has bought on and is very happy with it. But I have to say that we were very unimpressed. Plus, they raised the price for those by several thousand dollars. So much so, that the r-pods are about the same price as a new Casita or Scamp. And I do think you get far more value with the Casita or Scamp.

Did spend some time with the Air Streams (Bambi and Sport models), which are even more expensive than the i-pods. What is this world coming to?

I am looking for a 17 - 22 foot travel trailer. We saw lots of these and basically checked out the floor plans.

One interesting thing, is that many of these trailers come with either a fantastic fan or air conditioning, but not both.

They are also -- big surprise folks -- much heavier than the 17 foot fiberglass trailers.

We did find at least one makes that seemed well built. But the problem -- after 10 years -- will be roof leaks. Also concerned about pests entering the trailer via basement storage areas.

Having said all that, my husband did comment that these trailers were comfortable to be in and didn't seem like a jail cell. UGG ... I'll have to do much more work to sell him on a fiberglass. But I do wish they were a little more comfortable. True the Excape 19 is about half the price of an Air Stream Bambi, but ... hey.

No, we don't plan to spend much time in our trailer. But we do want to feel good spending the night -- and rainy day -- in whatever we buy.

Well, that's my report. Wish there were some fiberglass manufactures at the show ... have so many questions.

Even so, had a fun afternoon!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Jane:

You need to go to a fiberglass get-together. Find one near you and go tour the trailers and ask questions.

CindyL
Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #10

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
In fact, Jane, your could ask to visit some folks. Don't know what part of Calif you are in, but we are ALL OVER.

Just put the word out here, and you guys will have more offers to "come by and take a peek" than you want. hahaha.

Like Chester sez.... "Glass is Class"

Quote:
Jane:

You need to go to a fiberglass get-together. Find one near you and go tour the trailers and ask questions.

CindyL
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #11

Jane P - There will be a fiberglass meet at Lake Casitas in about 2 weeks. There will be a good assortment of trailers to look at. I believe they even have an open house for a few hours during the event.

We attended the RV show in Pomona on Saturday. As expected it was much smaller than the previous years and attendance was not what it used to be. The number of vendors in the tent area were especially limited. It was sort of sad in a way. And as Jane P reported, there were no fiberglass trailers represented this year.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #12

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Jane

Just as Steve said, we don't know what part of California you live in, but we are having a Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally, the weekend of October 28.. Lake Casitas is by Ojai and we will be in the BASS campground.

We will have a walk-thru Saturday morning; we have 41 trailers signed up. We would welcome you to stop by, say hello and see why we all love the fiberglass trailers. There are several different brands; Casitas, Scamps, Trilliums, Big Foot, Compact Jr, Fiberstream, and Campster. Plenty to look at.

For more information, click on my name on the left and send me a message. Carol

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I just looked up the Cleveland, Ohio RV show. $11.50 to get in and $8.00 parking (

Bill K

Quote:
We attended the RV show in Pomona on Saturday. As expected it was much smaller than the previous years and attendance was not what it used to be. The number of vendors in the tent area were especially limited. It was sort of sad in a way. And as Jane P reported, there were no fiberglass trailers represented this year.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #14

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We went to Quartzsite a few years ago and enjoyed the goodies vendors. The rigs were all huge 5th whales and mutterhomes. We didn't go into that section.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote