Anyone else go through this much hassle to get their trailer in the garage? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #29
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Originally Posted by Bryan L. View Post
I got a quote for an 8-foot door and it was over $5K! I can take the wheels off of a whole buncha times for that amount!
Shop around a bit more, I did mine for about 1/2 that (converting dollars).
From your pictures it looks like you have the headroom inside. Consider going a "roll up" type door. I finished mine last year.
A new home for our Trillium

The biggest problem I have now is timing out when I can park the trailer. I'm on a major street that parallels the highway with 5 bus routes. Some days it is difficult just getting a vehicle into the driveway.

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:07 AM   #30
Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
Hey Bryan, would a pair of those temporary spare tires [on the smallest rims available] that most cars come with today, be too high?

Reminds me of our 1st BF. It would fit in our garage with 3-4 inches to spare on the top and port side....until I mounted a rooftop AC. :-(

mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #31
Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
We had a local camper place take out the vent and replace it with a low profile, domed skylight. A lower profile fantastic an was installed near the bunks. JUST fits inside our garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #32
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Originally Posted by Bryan L. View Post
I'm glad to see that I am not alone! Having to pull in the trailer with a winch tops what I have to do though. I did once make "wheels" out of 3/4 inch plywood and they just mushroomed out under the weight. I would like to use the tiny rims but I haven't seen any that would work yet. I would love to just add another garage but I live in suburbia and the HOA does not allow it. There is a small lot for sale about two miles away that I am considering purchasing to put up a garage to store more toys, however, garages are not allowed without a living area so I found this:

Garage Plan chp-53286 at

Lots of garage and not much house!
That is where the chauffer lives
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #33
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
you might be able to get it in using golf cart rims that are made for 8 inch tires.
8x7 White Steel Wheel (Centered)
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #34
Name: Mark
Trailer: Boler
I have always had this problem although I always just let down the air pressure and then rolled it in somehow and then inflated the tyres again. I just got my frame rebuilt by Trillium trailers in Alberta and after that even though the boler is taller now I should be able to use some golf cart wheels I picked up for $10 each at Princess Auto (not sure they have that in the states) and then I can roll in and out of the garage easily.

nzwasp is offline   Reply With Quote