Anyone from Saskabush? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1700
Hi there,

I am flying out to pick up our new tow vehicle in Saskatoon, and wondered if anyone could help me locate a cheap Motel/Hotel near the airport?

I don't mind dirt cheap, as i will be flying in after midnight and staying just until firts thing in the morning before picking up the truck. If there's anyone knowledgeable about Saskatoon i would appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Mark,

I'm not from Saskatune , but Google found this:

Saskatoon Lodging
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Hi Mark,

Hope you enjoy your trip to Saskatoon. The closest lodging to the airport are the Saskatoon Inn and the Heritage Inn which are directly across from one another.

Further down on Circle Drive heading east (about a three minute drive away from the above), are the Travelodge, and across from that the Riviera. The Days Inn in just one block further east.

The Motel 6 is close as well, just a left turn before you reach Days Inn and head out of the city on the highway and turn left when you see Costco and Credit Union Centre.

I was looking to see how much these places charge, but it seems nothing is cheap anymore.

Hope this helps.

Brenda Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK
Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #4

Hi Morgan and Brenda,

Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful.

I have done a few searches and have found the usual suspects, btu it is always helpful to have non-commercialy motivated local knowledge. I will be in the hotel for around eight hours, so there's my reasoning for wanting somewhere very cheap, as eight hours is not long enough to do more than sleep. So far the cheapest place i have found is the RIVIERA MOTOR INN on Avenue B North at $72.

I'm going to go through your list now Brenda, and see if i can knock the price down even further.

Cheers,
Mark

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Hope you enjoy your trip to Saskatoon. The closest lodging to the airport are the Saskatoon Inn and the Heritage Inn which are directly across from one another.

Further down on Circle Drive heading east (about a three minute drive away from the above), are the Travelodge, and across from that the Riviera. The Days Inn in just one block further east.

The Motel 6 is close as well, just a left turn before you reach Days Inn and head out of the city on the highway and turn left when you see Costco and Credit Union Centre.

I was looking to see how much these places charge, but it seems nothing is cheap anymore.

Hope this helps.

Brenda Novakovski
Saskatoon, SK
Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #5

Problem solved thanks to the kindness of another board member. The MFROG board is the greatest board out there, as far as i'm concerned!