Anyone Have Outside String Light Ideas? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #21

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
For safety's sake I have two 10" high orange cones each equipped with a solar walkway light inserted into the top hole. I place one just outside the door and the other in front of the trailer. They provide just enough soft light at night so I can find the camper after visiting the "loo" and the bright orange prevents dangerous trips during the day. Many campgrounds are rife with stones and logs. In that case I will use the cones to mark a safe walkway to the trailer. (Yes, sometimes I don't have my flashlight with me.)
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Have considered a couple of solar led walk lights to mark the canopy ropes at the outside corners.
Those stick-in-the-ground solar lights are becoming quite popular. They are even showing up at Scout camps and jamborees. As you said, strategically placed, they keep us from tripping over guys lines and tent pegs and that's always a good thing.
Scouter Dave
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
Solar lights of any type

I have used the solar garden lights for years. They are the best! I have a set that I found on sale 4 years ago. They are only used for the trailer. I carry them in a bucket, throw the bucket in when loading the truck they charge up durning travel. I cover mine when not in use, like I said I still have the same set 4 years later.

I also have solar string lights that a friend bought me a few years back. They are fun and usually charge pretty fast..
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #24

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 17 ft ('The Sea Glass')
My Bigfoot has a "Tiki Lounge" Theme, so I was thrilled to find these flamingo lights at Big Lots for a great deal last year.

Buy Flamingo Light Set. Shop stunning Luau Decorations. Plus Luau,Decorations,Favors, Toys, Gifts,Leis,Tableware,Costume Accessories, Luau,Luau Best Sellers.

These "party lights" sites have lights to match almost any theme!

Unfortunately, one of the strings got wet in a rainstorm and no longer work. I went back to Big Lots a couple of weeks ago to see if they had more, and although they didn't, I did find a nice set of solar lights that resemble old fashined lanterns (10 string lights and then a seperate small lantern which was also solar.)

http://www.lampsplus.com/info-center...2D00_550x0.jpg

I couldn't pass them up for $9.99. I think I am probably going to take them in at night, however, so they don't meet the same fate as my Flamingo lights did!

I bring several of those solar stake lights with me on every camping trip. They usually stay lit all night, so I tend to use one in the bathroom as a "nightlight" and one or two around the Tiki Trailer in tiki torch stands (which I took the gas canisters out of) so there is always a little light in case we wake up in the middle of the night and want to look around. I have a small child, and when we are "dry camping" (which is usually the case) she wants a lantern left on all night as a nightlight. These solar stakes are much less expensive than the 4 D Batteries in our normal lantern! I get perfectly good ones for $1 apiece and have even sent them off with other friends who have small children.

I have an inquiry of my own-I would love to find outside "tiki torches" which are solar. Has snyone seen anything like that? I have taken apart a couple of normal tiki torches to put in the solar lights, but the slats tend to dim the lights too much and they rarely fit tightly enough. I don't really like the normal tiki torches with a lit fire, as I once camped near some people who had the wind come up, which blew a tiki torch into their tent and soon pretty much all of their camping supplies were burned to a crisp.
Toni M T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #25

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Not postive sure but I "think" I saw some at our local Target store last night in the patio section. They were in the section that had the string lights and solar lights of all types and I am pretty sure they were solar because eveything in that section was.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #26

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Toni,

Try Party City for lights that go with your theme. I saw some at my store yesterday.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light