Anyone heard of a "Leocraft" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Anyone heard of a "Leocraft"

I came across a trailer I had never heard of. this morning. Anyone know anything about a Leocraft?
Attached Thumbnails
Leocraft 001 (Medium).jpg   Leocraft 002 (Medium).jpg  

Leocraft 003 (Medium).jpg   Leocraft 004 (Medium).jpg  

Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Neat, maybe a Mod can add it to the "TRAILER ALBUMS" I have never seen it before.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
Manufactured by Triple E RV in Canada. Company still in business.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Interesting. I never knew Triple E made any other FG than the Surf Side.

There is a corporate history video available on Triple E's website Media The beginning part is interesting and it briefly shows the Surf Side brochure, but nothing about the Leocraft trailer. I didn't know that they had also been the victim of a factory fire. I wonder if the mold was lost then?

Looks like a nice size trailer. Do you think it is a 15' Cam?

Are you going to talk the owner into selling

ETA: Triple E is in Manitoba, so maybe this trailer has never have made it out of it's home province!
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Eee

Interesting video. The Ens/Enns story is cute! Also, they had a fire like Scamp. It seems a lot of companies have had fires. I worked for one (RTE, now part of Cooper) which gave free coffee from the vending machines because they had a fire caused by an employee leaving a coffee pot running over the Christmas break.

However, looking at the land cruisers they build, I see they lost touch with their roots, the 13' which started them in business. I didn't see any reference to eggs. The video only shows stick built rigs.

That is okay. Scotty

SerroScotty

and our various egg manutacturers are more than willing to take up the slack.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I like the body style! We need inside pictures!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It kinda sort looks like a Biggar trailer, which isn't it our albums either ...
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ale-39127.html
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
I like the body style! We need inside pictures!

I agree!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Didn't Triple E also make Boler 13's (or clones) for awhile? Or am I remembering that wrong?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #10

Leocraft interior

Finally got to town with my camera. Owner was not home, so interior shots are through the glass (trailer is on the street). Trailer is being used for storage presently. First picture is from the rear looking forward, with the door on the right. Second shot is from aft of the door, looking across the rear of the trailer. Third shot is from in front of the door, looking across the front of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Leocraft 006 (Medium).jpg   Leocraft 007 (Medium).jpg  

Leocraft 008 (Medium).jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've seen interiors that were worse. A little elbow grease and it would probably make a very nice trailer for someone.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
did you buy it?
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
did you buy it?
Nope. I'm still working through my new (to me) Bigfoot 5th wheel. I just thought it was a cool trailer that I had not heard of previously. I can inquire if anyone on the board is interested.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #14

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A View Post
Nope. I'm still working through my new (to me) Bigfoot 5th wheel. I just thought it was a cool trailer that I had not heard of previously. I can inquire if anyone on the board is interested.

Hi Cam, Could you find out any info on this trailer for me? If it's for sale, how much, what shape it's in, size, etc. Thanks, Marina
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Hi Cam, Could you find out any info on this trailer for me? If it's for sale, how much, what shape it's in, size, etc. Thanks, Marina
I'll check it out next time I'm in town.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #16

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A View Post
I came across a trailer I had never heard of. this morning. Anyone know anything about a Leocraft?
Hello Cam.I am a new member & when I came across your post re the Leocraft, I thought I would give you some info that I have about the trailer. My wife and I found our 1979 17ft leocraft 4 yrs ago in Stratford Ont Can. I searched awhile before finding info on the trailer. Briefly, a co.called Monarch Industries built the trailer in the '70s near Winnipeg Manitoba. They built 3 sizes: a 13ft fiberglass rv , a 17ft model, and 2 sized motorhomes. The co was eventually bought by Triple E. Monarch is still around but not in the rv bus anymore. Not sure exactly when they stopped production of Leocraft. I have seen 2 other trailers but they have the other floor plan. Our model has the corner washroom / your pictures are of the side washroom model. The trailer is very similar to the 17ft Bigfoot, especially now since Bigfoot redesigned theirs inside & out. We did alot of work to ours but it was worth it.I hope to post pictures in the near future.There is alot more to tell but I hope this reply was beneficial for you. If I can help with anything more let me know. Dennis
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #17

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
It would be interesting to hear if that side door is for a wet bath or just a closet. I like the wood look in an interior, even if it is that faux-wood-finish paneling. Pretty neat trailer! If it were not so far away from Oklahoma I'd be interested myself.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #18

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
It would be interesting to hear if that side door is for a wet bath or just a closet. I like the wood look in an interior, even if it is that faux-wood-finish paneling. Pretty neat trailer! If it were not so far away from Oklahoma I'd be interested myself.
Hello Michael! Just replying to your question re the Leocraft. First, We have seen & been inside both 17ft models.The side washroom models we saw both had a molded 1pc fiberglass interior the same as the 17ft bigfoot if you know what I mean.The cabin interior side washroom models both had a light cream laminate interior.Our corner washroom model was all done in a woodgrain interior including the washroom.Our model had a dry weight of 2950lbs with a tongue weight of 310 lbs.We made some renovations such as putting 1 tank on the front -removing the battery from the tongue & placing it under back bunk to lighten hitch weight. No need for equalizer hitch or even sway bars - pulls like a dream.If you want more info let me know. Dennis
Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #19

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schultz View Post
Hello Michael! Just replying to your question re the Leocraft. First, We have seen & been inside both 17ft models.The side washroom models we saw both had a molded 1pc fiberglass interior the same as the 17ft bigfoot if you know what I mean.The cabin interior side washroom models both had a light cream laminate interior.Our corner washroom model was all done in a woodgrain interior including the washroom.Our model had a dry weight of 2950lbs with a tongue weight of 310 lbs.We made some renovations such as putting 1 tank on the front -removing the battery from the tongue & placing it under back bunk to lighten hitch weight. No need for equalizer hitch or even sway bars - pulls like a dream.If you want more info let me know. Dennis
Just wanted to make a correction to my response re the Leocraft rv. Leocraft Industries was a subsiduary owned by Monarch Industries. I got that info from the original glossy brochure sent to me by Triple E. They were able to find a brochure in their archives for me and were kind enough to send it to me during my search for info about the trailer. It is my understanding from a sales rep at Triple E that it was Leocraft Industries that was taken over by Triple E. That is as much as I know. Maybe someone else may have additional info that they can add.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #20

Name: Ryan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Cam never made it to town???
Ryan6ca is offline   Reply With Quote