Anyone live near Monterey,Ca - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Hi everyone .......... my DH and his brothers are making a trip to Monterey and Marina,Ca next week. Could anyone give me some tips about the weather and places to camp in that area? They will be towing a 2003(?) 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe, so they will not need a very big space. what they are looking for is just the basic sight...... power,water,sewer. They are going to met a brother that I found doing Genealgy research. Also what is the weather like in that area this time of year???? Right now (Monday 11:30 Pm it is 83 degrees with 87% humidity)

Thanks for the help..........Lynn M
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Stick Built
I don't ever post here because I don't have an "egg", but I did have a friend that had one. I just like seeing how inventive and creative everyone is with small units.

Anyhoo, I don't live in Central California, but this time of year it is hard to find openings in campgrounds along the coast. My friend and I took a vacation to Central California last year and we stayed inland at Carmel by the River. It took maybe half hour to get to Monterey and the camping fee was about $50. Since we both had small trailers they had two short spots we fit perfect in.

My vacation album is httphotos.yahoo.com/sillydawgs92505 and the pics of the campground is at the very end of "2005 vacation"

By the way, weather is usually cool this time of year on the central coast.

Pat - Riverside, CA
Pat Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Before they moved to Florida, My 2 best friends in the whole world used to be the maintenance staff at Marina Dunes RV Park. It is an "$$upscale$$" tourist area. They used to tell me stories about the European tourists who would fly into SFO and rent a motorhome and stay there...
Quote:
Welcome to the Beautiful World of Marina Dunes RV Park
Named Park Of The Year

Truly a Paradise for RV travelers....
...located across from the ocean and just minutes from
Pebble Beach and The Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Our park has been upgraded for our customers comfort. We are now equipped with patios, picnic tables, BBQ grills, propane service and even fireplaces on select sites - ALL FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT.
[b]WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY!
Rates [b]$ 60 - $65 depending on size of RV and Full or Partial hookups ( Cable TV included on Full hookup sites )
Old 08-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
this time of year it is hard to find openings in campgrounds along the coast.
I can verify that; especially for a weekend! They might have a vacancy during Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
I think the place to stay is Laguna Seca, as long as they are not having an event. Cost about $30. It gets better later in the season.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We live in Pacific Grove, right next door to Monterey. Friends from out of town have had luck in Carmel Valley and at Verterans Memorial Park. I'm not sure about availability, but you might want to try Veterans Memorial Park in the heart of Monterey. It is a wonderful park, close to downtown etc. Here is the link: http://www.monterey.org/rec/vetspark.html

It is also worth checking the wlith the Monterey Fair Grounds, as they sometimes have camping available. http://www.montereycountyfair.com/facilities.php (near the bottom of the page.)

A third idea is to give the good folks at the Monterey Public Library a call about other camping in the area. The library reference desk number is 831.646.3933.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay in the area.
Steven Silveria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #7

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
........Thanks evryone for all the help. All my on line friends here are the very best there is We have checked several places in the area and I think they will try Verterans Memorial Park when they get there........it is a first come type deal,so they will just have to get in line. If " worst comes to worst"( that's an old Texas saying) they can park in the driveway of the people they are going to see for 2 days( or longer if no one complains,at least that is what they have been told) They will be leaving Saturday morning traveling I-10 ,pulling a Casita with a gray van. So once again Thanks for the help and I will let you know how it went when they get back in 2 weeks.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote