Anyone seen a new Trillium? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
I am getting lazy in my old age and thinking of a new 13' trailer. I am tired of restoring trailers.
I was wondering if any of our Canadian friends have seen the new Trillium Outback?
The California dealer cannot supply a propane refer.
I sent Trillium in Calgary an e-mail asking a question about a 1977 4500 that I have and never received a response.
If anyone of our northern friends can give me any information I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
I was wondering if any of our Canadian friends have seen the new Trillium Outback?
"New" is a relative term... Team Trillium Trailers has been building the Outback for a few years, although it seems that they've never updated their website.

Here in the Edmonton area, one of the RV dealers always has some in stock, and I see them on the road occasionally. I've looked at them at the dealership.

We chose a 17' Boler because we needed more room, and wanted a bathroom... and, not knowing if any trailer was right for us, I didn't want to pay for new. Since I haven't had a good look at older Trilliums, I don't really have a basis for comparison, but they generally look nicely finished.

Quote:
Chester has a recently acquired a 2004 Outback, and some other members have them as well. He has the 12V compressor-type refrigerator, which I think is a nice feature, and which they seem to promote, but I've seen them with propane units as well.

Quote:
I sent Trillium in Calgary an e-mail asking a question about a 1977 4500 that I have and never received a response.
You might try calling Calgary; since they don't update the web site, they may not diligently return e-mail, either. I did ask them a question by phone once (a couple years ago), and they were helpful. They have had problems getting enough staff in our labour-short province, and as a result have apparently dropped their non-Outback service work, concentrating on manufacturing instead.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I am getting lazy in my old age and thinking of a new 13' trailer. I am tired of restoring trailers.
If anyone of our northern friends can give me any information I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
John
Hi John
I have 2004 Trillium which i got this past spring.I have used it for about 25 days camping this year.What do you need answereing.
Ches
Old 09-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
I have a 2005 Trillium Outback. Joe is terrible about answering Email. He is a busy guy. He doesn't have much office help. Just a bunch of laborers.

I'm surprised California operation won't put in a 3 way fridge for you. I'm pretty sure Joe will. Give him a call. Even then with a call you may not catch him when he can talk. They used to repair 3 way fridges at their old location. There may be a need to change some wiring or water line location, because they both run behind the fridge.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi John
I have 2004 Trillium which i got this past spring.I have used it for about 25 days camping this year.What do you need answereing.
Ches

Thank you Brian and Chester for the quick response. I will give them a call in the morning.

If you have a 13' outback I might be interested as I am not in a hurry.
I only need a small trailer as it is only my youngest grandson and myself now. My older ones are now into cars and girls.
I bought a 1977 Trillium 4500 a couple of nonths ago and am very impressed with the construction. I thought I needed more room which I don't and I am tired of fixing up old trailers.
I was wondering if they were still in business as they never answered my e-mail.
The dealer in California does not have any updated exterior pics of the trailer and cannot supply a propane refer.
Do you have any complaints about the trailer or have you had any problems? I am 6' 2", how is the bed and the headroom?

Thanks again Ches and Brian,
John

I think I just need a reason to make the long drive to the beautiful country you all live in.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #6

Quote:
I have a 2005 Trillium Outback. Joe is terrible about answering Email. He is a busy guy. He doesn't have much office help. Just a bunch of laborers.

I'm surprised he won't put in a 3 way fridge for you. Have you asked the California guy about putting in a 3 way?
Curt
The trailers in California have the european style kitchen with a 3 burner stove and sink combination. It is a much smaller cabinet than the conventional setup. I think this is the reason they cannot put a propane refer in.

I just now received an e-mail from Candace at Team Trillium in response to my e-mail of 2 hours ago. They cannot supply me with a propane refer in their Outback.

I wanted to get rid of the rivets but Scamp seems to be my only alternative.

Thanks all.
John
Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
John
As far as I know the Trill Dealer in the US was being supplied with bodies from Trill in Calgary. I was told by Team Trillium that the two companies are two different entities and have nothing to do with each other. This info I got from Horses mouth in Calgary.
My unit has the front bathroom model so no extra bed. The main bed for me is very comfortable and I am 6ft1inch.
I found myself in same situation as you and wanted a trailer which I did not have too spend hrs fixing up. I have done 3 rebuilds and that’s enough for me.
The head room for me was fair if standing by stove, but I mostly was sitting or sleeping.
I found there e-mail responses are very slow and sometimes never answered. When I was there the labor force was very small. Just a couple of employees.

I really liked the 12volt fridge. Mine worked great but I have heard others say theirs don’t. The manual water pump could be a much better model. I have a 12volt water pump in mine for the toilet. Why could they not have plumbed the pump to kitchen sink. Its some of the small things which I found annoying.

PM me if you want more detail
Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I wanted to get rid of the rivets but Scamp seems to be my only alternative.

Thanks all.
John
Has some rivets, but what about a 13' Casita?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Has some rivets, but what about a 13' Casita?
Hi Donna,
I have to slouch in my Scamp at 6 foot interior height but it is tolerable. In fact you are the one that reminded me that you very seldom stand in side the trailer and I bought my first Scamp because of your comment.
According to the Casita web site the interior height of a 13' Casita is 5 foot 10 inches. I am 6' 2" tall and that is just not enough interior height.
John

Tags
trillium