Anyone seen an Eggcamper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #21
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Wanna finnish one yourself?

Looks like that they are now selling Egg Camper Kits that are ready to roll down the highway for $9900. Hook it up and take it home to finish your way.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #22

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I pick up my EggCamper kit next month! Another toy to occupy my time. Will post more info once the critter is in my possession.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Propane-fueled refrigerators need outside venting for the combustion exhaust. A purely electric refrigerator in a trailer does not need outside venting any more than the one in your house... and in my opinion the elimination of two huge openings in the outside shell is one advantage of this type of refrigerator.
My 12 volt fridge in my Trill is not vented outside and i found the fridge worked very well.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I pick up my EggCamper kit next month! Another toy to occupy my time. Will post more info once the critter is in my possession.
Welcome to FiberglassRV Orlen! We've been awaiting your arrival. I THINK you're the first EggCamper member and we really want to hear from an owner's perspective.

We love pictures too! Hope we can all live vicariously through your building of this trailer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #25

The double wall design really looks like a copy of the older Burro designs. Are these the same people that owned Burro? And, if so, why not just make the Burros?
Walter Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #26

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I got it! I got it!

Picked up my EggCamper kit on October 15th. It towed great from MI to CO. It's now in my garage while I plan how to install all the things I want "Just the way I want them."

So far I think it is a great rig.

Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #27
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Woo Hoo, Orlen!

Since you will be the first (that I know of) to put together an Egg Camper Kit, it'd be great if you could share a few photos with us along the way.

Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #28

Trailer: Eggcamper
We have had one for a little over one year. We have spent about 30 nights in it. It is easy to pull and easy to maintain. No carpeting inside like the Casita and Scamp, so the smells from cooking, dog do not stay. The full bath is great.
The floor has carpeting, but is removable and washable.

My husband added shelves to the one cabinet and that is for our food storage. We bought the one with the permanent bed and there is lots of storage under the bed.

It is small, but easy to heat and cool. We also changed one of the ceiling fans to a fantastic fan and put on a glass shower door. It is wired for cable and we have a 17" flat screen TV mounted to the side of the kitchen cabinet.

Jim Palmer is terrific and we still correspond with him. Even though I am 62 this is my first time camping and I have enjoyed this more than I could have imagined.

We drove from Clearwater FL to Michigan in Novembto pick it up. It handled in the cold, rain and high winds. Pulling it with a full sized V8 Dodge van. Well worth the trip. We are planning a 5 week trip to CA, WA and OR this summer, that is how much we like it.
Suzanne P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #29

Trailer: Eggcamper
We did not like the Casita because of the carpeting on the walls, ceiling. Everyone we had been in that was used, even slightly, smelled.

Also the rivets distrubed us. We could see where they had leaked.

The removable carpeting on the floor is great. Take it out wash it and put it back. No shrinking, no mess, no smell. We have decorated it on the inside the way we want to and now it is warm and comfy.
Suzanne P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #30

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft
When we retired we decided to buy a camper. We had never camped in our lives and thought that retirement was a good time to start. After searching the internet we came across the Eggcamper website and drove to Michigan to see one. We picked our "egg" up last January. Since then we have traveled more than 12,000 miles and enjoyed every one of them.
BillPatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #31

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Suzanne, can you post some photos of the camper? Would be nice to see inside of one that has been made homey...
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #32

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
That's a basic 'feature' of double-shell Eggs, like Burro and U-Haul; the inside is fiberglass.

However, one does have the option of covering the walls and ceiling with ratfur or something else to change it, whereas with a ratfur/ensolite rig, tearing it all out leaves one with the spikey side of fiberglass...

Having the Burro, I can say the smooshed flies wipe right up and so does everything else, but with carpet or ensolite it would be kind of yucky and staining.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #33

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
We have had one for a little over one year. We have spent about 30 nights in it. It is easy to pull and easy to maintain. No carpeting inside like the Casita and Scamp, so the smells from cooking, dog do not stay. The full bath is great.
The floor has carpeting, but is removable and washable.

My husband added shelves to the one cabinet and that is for our food storage. We bought the one with the permanent bed and there is lots of storage under the bed.

It is small, but easy to heat and cool. We also changed one of the ceiling fans to a fantastic fan and put on a glass shower door. It is wired for cable and we have a 17" flat screen TV mounted to the side of the kitchen cabinet.

Jim Palmer is terrific and we still correspond with him. Even though I am 62 this is my first time camping and I have enjoyed this more than I could have imagined.

We drove from Clearwater FL to Michigan in Novembto pick it up. It handled in the cold, rain and high winds. Pulling it with a full sized V8 Dodge van. Well worth the trip. We are planning a 5 week trip to CA, WA and OR this summer, that is how much we like it.
Hi Suzzanne,

We picked up our EggCamper last spring and towed it back to New Hampshire with our Toyota Sienna minivan. We had no trouble towing at highway speeds and although it was a bit slower, we crossed Hogback Mountain in VT easily. We did add extension mirrors that attach to the factory mirrors on the Sienna. They were inexpensive at Camping World.

It was the interior space that impressed us the most. There's plenty of room to move around.

We have the model with the permanent bed as well. My winter project is to add shelves in the road side front cabinet, and possibly some roll-out storage for clothing under the bed. If you have any photos of the shelves that you added, that would be cool.

I added a small drawer for silverware, over the water tank on the dinette seat front. You can see some photos in the Care and Feeding area of the forum.

We aren't retired yet, and so haven't taken as many trips as we'd like yet, but we are planning to put many miles on this rig in the next few years.

Ron & Jane
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #34

Thumbs up

Suzanne P said, "We also changed one of the ceiling fans to a fantastic fan and put on a glass shower door."

Hi Suzanne,
I am interested in purchasing an EggCamper, and from what I understand the shower doesn't come with a door. If you don't mind, could you share some information on how you installed a glass door, and perhaps what it looks like? Any help regarding this modification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and all the best to you.
Kim, S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #35

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
I'm just curious, why do people want shower doors? What is the benefit over a shower curtain? I realize most campers DO have doors instead of curtains, I just don't know why.

Thanks,

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #36

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I guess modesty is the issue. However, I only camp with my wife, with whom modesty has long disappeared, (we have been married 43 years). The shower curtain works just fine for us.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front__Medium_.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	27053
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #37

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I hate shower curtains. Least little bit of breeze from the fan or open window and that dang thing fluffs out and sticks to ME! Ugh. I'd want a real door for that reason, plus doors are easy to squeegy off. No moldy shower curtain for me.

YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #38

Registry
The curtain STICKS to you? Maybe you should shower more often.

(Just kidding, please don't take offense.)
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #39

Registry
Seriously though, If after a couple of months your shower curtain gets a little mold on it, a quick trip to the washer will take care of it. Buy one of the nicer fabric curtains instead of a plastic one, it launders beautifully and will not tend to stick to things, (including bodies). Although we've showered with windows open, we've never had a problem with the curtain blowing, maybe because we always keep the door closed when showering, which would cut down on cross-breezes. Oh, and my wife reminded me that you can now buy fabric curtains with little suction cups built into them, to keep them wrapped around the opening and prevent any chance of water getting on the outside floor - not that we've ever had a problem along those lines in the camper, but it does happen occasionally in our home showers.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #40

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Early on, after getting my EggCamper I was prepared to put the shower door on mine. I bought the kit myself at the time. I made a trip or two with shower curtain and realized being able to get in and out with no door was better for me . Lowes and the Home Depot had doors that just fit my camper, but I held off and for the most part I am still happy. A door can always be added later, in a couple of hours or less, just about anyone can do it.
Not nearly as cramped in there withe curtain approach. Just my take on things.
weldon freeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper