Anyone still have - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #15

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
My trailer's white, does that count. It was a bit on the brown side till last Saturday, then I whitened it up. Looks pretty and white now. Also drug it down the road to have it's propane bottle filled. A camping trip a couple weeks ago pretty much drained what was left of the propane. Was planning on a trip this week-end, but it looks like that wet stuff falling outta the sky will change those plans.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #16

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Not quite enough, but we're expecting a little more this coming week. Still have a little more snowmobiling, and ice-fishing to do yet. We had a bit of a cold snap during January and February that put a bit of a damper on outdoor activities (-35 is bad in either celsius, or farenheight).

Summer is on it's way though, and the funds are just waiting for a new (to me) 16footer.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #17

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Ontario
Photo taken two weeks ago. I have had to snowblow the drive twice since then. Trillium has about 18" of snow on top of it. Like Bill F. mentioned, this is all recent snowfall after the (unusual) January thaw.
Attached Thumbnails
2008_snow_3_test.JPG  
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #18

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Doug, I dunno where you got that pic . . . . and why would you want the stuff. It would just cover up the daffodils and crocus that are starting to bloom.
lol
Ian
Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #19

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Still Waitin for Winter here in Reading PA.... mostly 30's 40's and 50's during the day....below freeze at night. Really lookin for just one good storm and then it can go away..... Send some of that snow over here Please!
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #20

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ian,
the pic is circa 10days past. The snow collapsed a maple tree in our front yard, caved in the roof (Ruff in America speak, LOL) of our 14X20 gazabo, wrecking in the process about a $5,000 hot tub!
Am I impressed????
MAY can't get here any sooner. Any chance you two can come earlier, like Wednesday????
Old 02-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #21

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Quote:
Ian,
the pic is circa 10days past. The snow collapsed a maple tree in our front yard, caved in the roof (Ruff in America speak, LOL) of our 14X20 gazabo, wrecking in the process about a $5,000 hot tub!
Am I impressed????
MAY can't get here any sooner. Any chance you two can come earlier, like Wednesday????
I can't tell you what my schedule will be next week, let alone May, but if we can get away we'll be there. And sorry to hear about the damage. We have had no snow here since November, even though you guys have been hit hard. Geography is a funny thing, no?
cheers
Ian
Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #22

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Had to shovel the snow off the roof last week, but we're gaining over 5 1/2 minutes of light each day now. That's progress!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #23

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Drove to Toronto yesterday to "The Big One". The spring RV show at the convention centre. Four buildings of your wildest dream vacations on wheels that you could imagine. During the day it started to snow and the drive home on the freeway was 25- 50 miles an hour of bumper to bumper h^&& with white stuff so thick you couldnt see. Shook for another hour from exhaustion after we finally got home. There's about 4-5 \" that I've got to clean off of the driveway and a foot beside the house. And the wise ones said we would have an early spring. Ba Humbug!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #24

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Drove to Toronto yesterday to "The Big One". The spring RV show at the convention centre. Four buildings of your wildest dream vacations on wheels that you could imagine. During the day it started to snow and the drive home on the freeway was 25- 50 miles an hour of bumper to bumper h^&& with white stuff so thick you couldnt see. Shook for another hour from exhaustion after we finally got home. There's about 4-5 \" that I've got to clean off of the driveway and a foot beside the house. And the wise ones said we would have an early spring. Ba Humbug!
Hi: Any classy "Glass" at the show???
Always wished I was a weather man... so I could be wrong more than half the time and still keep my job!!!
We got another 4" while you were on your way home from the R.V. Show.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 03-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #25

Trailer: 82 Burro 13 ft
87"+ so far this year... record snow, locally... we had a big melt in jan., then got dumped on again... i've shoveled off the roof twice... & the Burro...
but i think spring is going to break early, this year... it's warming into the low 30's(f) this weekend...
--- steven
Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #26

Name: Domenica and Sheila
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Oregon
I'm looking out the window now, and it's snowing again in Detroit, Oregon. Just yesterday, the snow was down to about a foot & a half, down from the five or so feet in early Feb. Once again, I can watch the snow fall and think it is beautiful. This is a big step for me, after our FEMA snow emergency in late Jan & early Feb, where snow was simply scary.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #27

Name: John
Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
California
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live surrounded by the southen portion of the Sierra National Forest.
I am about 1000 ft. below the snow line this year. I have had some flurries this year but nothing that stuck. I feel guilty about complaining about the cold weather we have had when I see all of the snow you all are having to tolerate.
Hang in ther my snow bound friends as spring is not far off.
The pic was taken today about 10 minutes from my home. I am getting ready to put the Trill on ebay.
John
Attached Thumbnails
latest_trilllium_002.jpg  
Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #28

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
I'm looking out the window now, and it's snowing again in Detroit, Oregon. Just yesterday, the snow was down to about a foot & a half, down from the five or so feet in early Feb. Once again, I can watch the snow fall and think it is beautiful. This is a big step for me, after our FEMA snow emergency in late Jan & early Feb, where snow was simply scary.
Less than 50 miles West of ya'all the sky let loose with hail and rain. No Snow.