are there 16' scamps with side dinette AND no bath? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #1

Name: j
Trailer: in the market
Colorado
are there 16' scamps with side dinette AND no bath?

Hi all,
In our long search for the perfect fiberglass egg we had ruled scamps out b/c we didn't think they had a layout that would work for us. But I got to thinking, maybe I better just double check! Soooo.... does/did scamp make a 16' model that has a side dinette, as well as end bunk beds with NO bathroom? We have seen the 13' foot with bunks and we have seen the 16' with bunks but no side dinette. But we want the end bunks AND the side dinette. We don't want a bathroom. We want more space for sleeping and eating! If they do, what is it called and did they make them in the past so that we could find a used one?
Thanks everyone!
sdsjdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Sure, layout 7. Toilets are an option on any Scamp, not standard. (Not that you could get a bathroom on layout 7, though... it's just the way you want it.)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I was at the factory one day when a Scamp like you described was delivered. It is without a doubt the most spacious feeling design that they offer! Also It is one of the more economical choices when ordered in a standard.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #4

Colorado
Duh, should have checked their website before I posted this! Yes a layout 7 is EXACTLY what we want! Now to find it used... Please let me know if you see one anywhere near CO
Thanks all!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
Scamp is very flexible on options and design when you buy new. For that reason, I would imagine that just about every possible combination is out there somewhere. The challenge will be finding it! Even here in Oregon where these trailers are popular, I looked for many months and eventually ordered a new one. I never could find the basic features that I wanted without a whole bunch that I didn't. To top it off, the used prices on these trailers are high. Every good deal sold before I could get my truck started. You may get lucky, but be prepared for a long hunt if you have certain specific things you want. The upside of buying new is that Scamp really goes the extra mile IMO to get you what you want, even if they think you are crazy . Best of luck in your search!

David
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #6

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
I bought my 16' military surplus. Mine is the side storage layout. They also had 2 with side dinette and front bunks. Sorry, the surplus ones are gone-but it shows what you want is out there.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
A brand new one of that layout (with no options) was about $11,700 as of a year ago. Balance that against whatever price someone is asking for a used one, at whatever vintage. Also remember that a used one will have some upkeep costs that a new one won't... like maybe resealing around openings, fixing floors, replacing axles, re-doing rivet caps, etc. If you can manage the loan payment, you might be money ahead with a new one after a few years. Just my 2 cents. I like to see folks out enjoying themselves as opposed to spending hours searching for the right used one, which may or may not come along in time for camping season.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #8

Name: Craig
Trailer: Pop-Up / In the Market
Minnesota
Not in CO, but here is one on craigslist in MN...

2007 16ft Scamp trailer
Craig MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
If that one in MN is still available, you should jump quickly. They do move fast! However, the used price is not much different than the new price. We bought our UHaul VT as a "Buy it now" on eBay 10 minutes after seeing it online. Had we waited, it would have been gone because of the scarcity of these trailers. It would seem the Layout 7 model would be much the same for larger families camping.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #10

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
NOT MY TRAILER

2007 16ft Scamp trailer - $9000 (White Bear Lake MN)

Name:   3n03mf3pb5V35U25X3b9e92c17e62a8a31b95.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  6.4 KB

Name:   3n63k43oe5Y55Q15S1b9e458dd63dc6e51e34.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  6.5 KB

Name:   3nc3m43oc5W45X05R6b9e6b743d181dd41625.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  7.0 KB
Date: 2011-10-13, 2:41PM CDT

2007 16 ft Scamp trailer like new. Has sink and double burner, water system/gray water never used. Double bed and bunk beds to sleep 4, has a screen door, gravel shield, cabinet over sink, silverware drawer, battery pack, 26 gallon gray water tank and receiver hitch.
No A.C.( wired for it) no bathroom. Scamp Travel Trailers: Small Lightweight Campers, Easily Towable layout 7 is ours. Price is firm. Location: White Bear Lake MN
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 1996
Send a message via MSN to Ron Walker
Scamp 16 side dinette no bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsjdo View Post
Hi all,
In our long search for the perfect fiberglass egg we had ruled scamps out b/c we didn't think they had a layout that would work for us. But I got to thinking, maybe I better just double check! Soooo.... does/did scamp make a 16' model that has a side dinette, as well as end bunk beds with NO bathroom? We have seen the 13' foot with bunks and we have seen the 16' with bunks but no side dinette. But we want the end bunks AND the side dinette. We don't want a bathroom. We want more space for sleeping and eating! If they do, what is it called and did they make them in the past so that we could find a used one?
Thanks everyone!

See Scamp 16 in Seward, NE in the referrals section. I posted it around 7/11/11. I don't know if it sold, it was on the market for quite a while. We were seriously considering buying it, but we found one with a front bath. It was very nice/
Ron Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #12

Colorado
Thanks so much all. MN one is well out of our price range but I did email them and gave them the "just in case you don't sell it..." routine.
Will def check into the seward one as well.
So they are out there, now just have to find one for sale that we can afford right now. Or ask hubby to get a second job?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Clinton View Post
I bought my 16' military surplus. Mine is the side storage layout. They also had 2 with side dinette and front bunks. Sorry, the surplus ones are gone-but it shows what you want is out there.
These come up at Government Surplus auctions all of the time. Military MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) centers have them to rent out to service members, and have campgrounds that only service members may use. When the units become too damaged to rent they are sold at auction rather than repaired. The no-bathroom extra bed units are popular with the MWR people.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #14

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
These come up at Government Surplus auctions all of the time. Military MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) centers have them to rent out to service members, and have campgrounds that only service members may use. When the units become too damaged to rent they are sold at auction rather than repaired. The no-bathroom extra bed units are popular with the MWR people.
thanks, I'll check it out for sure!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #15

Colorado
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsjdo View Post
thanks, I'll check it out for sure!
ps... do you have any website suggestions for this? i just googled it and don't have a clue where to begin and what's legit...
Old 11-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #16

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
These come up at Government Surplus auctions all of the time.
There isn't a continuous supply for auction, and finding one is a "needle in a haystack" kind of search. Most are damaged and require significant repair to make them roadworthy.

The acronym used to be "DRMO" but has changed to DLA Disposition.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #17

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Walker View Post
See Scamp 16 in Seward, NE in the referrals section. I posted it around 7/11/11. I don't know if it sold, it was on the market for quite a while. We were seriously considering buying it, but we found one with a front bath. It was very nice/
seward one is sold.

Tags
scamp