Are they still building Burro trailers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if they are still building Burro travel trailers? I looked them up online and called the number that has now been disconnected. Are they still in business? I hope someone can help me with this! Thank you all..Me
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows if they are still building Burro travel trailers? I looked them up online and called the number that has now been disconnected. Are they still in business? I hope someone can help me with this! Thank you all..Me
No. The website is still up but they have been out of business for a few years.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
This question seems to come up every few months when someone discovers the Burro site. What's odd is that someone has be paying for the domain name and website hosting for this page and you would think by now that the billing would have lapsed.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
That is a bummer. Someone also turned me onto the egg camper and I have been checking out Scamp, so now I guess I have some comparison shopping to do. If anyone is familiar with either or both of these, please feel free to inform me. I will need to pick up the trailer between CA and AL and I believe the EggCamper is made in TX, I know the Scamp is made in MN so would cost $1500 to have it shipped. I will be going through TX though. Thanks for the help and any further info would be appreciated. Just a heads up, I am looking at living in the trailer on the road, kinda like a gypsy, for at least a year. So my plan is long term if that helps with useful information, Thank you!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Hi Monica

Check out the Escape trailer that is made in southern BC. They produce a great trailer.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Monica - you seem to be doing some good research. Here are some links to FGRV companies which might help:

Scamp - built in Baccus, MN - a bit farther north but the scenery is worth the trip. www.scamptrailers.com

Casita - built in Rice, TX near Houston www.casitatrailers.com

EggCamper is built in Grandville, MI www.eggcamper.com

Oliver is made in Hohwenwald, TN http://www.olivertraveltrailers.com/

Be sure to check out used trailers, on this site and others. Also, the factories sometimes refer you to owners in your area so you can see various rigs in person.

Good luck finding the Egg just right for you - you will LOVE full-timing! Take Care, L 'n D

Old 11-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
From our Helpful-Links page, here is a list of all the known current molded lightweight fiberglass trailers being built. Each has a hyperlink to the manufacturers website, including BigFoot which we know just went out of business

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/resources.html...un=fiberglassrv
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
If you want to buy new, Monica, consider that you will be ordering a trailer that will take a couple of months (or more) to build.

Otherwise, there's all kinds of information here in the discussions about the differences in some of the various trailers, including what owners like and don't like. (Try the SEARCH function. I think you will like it!)

Good luck with your discovery process!

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro