Avoiding nashville - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Avoiding nashville

We will be heading to Southern Alabama from Northern Wisconsin at the end of February . Our GPS and the internet mapping sources all route us down I 24 through Nashville Tennessee on our way South. We have driven that route on several occasions and driving through Nashville especially at rush hour is a very unpleasant experience. Does anyone know of or can you recommend an alternate route . Thanks
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I've tried the same thing on Birmingham, AL!...and Atlanta GA. But Nashville, TN, is not bad if you can hit it about mid-day Mon-Thurs if you're passing through. You hit it in the morning from 7am to apx 8:30am or aft 4-pm on til about 6:30pm, then you're going to be stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on one end of the town or the other....or BOTH. The bottom line is, if you avoid then interstate around Nashville, you're going to be driving considerably out of the way and will still have mega-traffic lights (plus traffic) to deal with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We will be heading to Southern Alabama from Northern Wisconsin at the end of February . Our GPS and the internet mapping sources all route us down I 24 through Nashville Tennessee on our way South. We have driven that route on several occasions and driving through Nashville especially at rush hour is a very unpleasant experience. Does anyone know of or can you recommend an alternate route . Thanks
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #3

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
Avoiding Nashville

The Briley Parway takes you completely around the city of Nashville. No traffic issues what so ever. We take this routinely and it is great!
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
There are always roads around major cities and my GPS has alternate routes you can take as you get close to major cities. Or drive through major cities late at night when most people are sleeping. Why is it just Nashville you want to avoid? I am sure by looking at the map there are other cities in your way as well.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
There are always roads around major cities and my GPS has alternate routes you can take as you get close to major cities. Or drive through major cities late at night when most people are sleeping. Why is it just Nashville you want to avoid? I am sure by looking at the map there are other cities in your way as well.
My GPS shows only one route ,which is I 24 NO ALTERNATIVES. I also avoid
Chicago ,Detroit ,Atlanta, St. Louis, Toronto & Dallas . At my age I have come to realize that my reaction times have slowed and my night vision has declined so I compensate by avoiding high traffic areas and not driving at night . I admit my shortcomings and drive accordingly . Living in rural Wisconsin I have a greater chance of hitting a deer with my vehicle than another car and I like it that way
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Traffic really ain't bad anymore, whichever main road you choose.
It was kinda bad for a few years but most of the major road construction is done in Nashville.
We hardly noticed Nashville the last couple of years, and went through pretty much at the speed limit.
I would prolly just stay on I-24 to I-65 depending on the clock.
Hey! I thought you were coming to Sebring!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote