Awards, Sun Treks, Look Alikes.......... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Awards, Sun Treks, Look Alikes..........

Hi,
I found a thread here for Awards, but no pics came through. Anyone know anything about the Sun Treks? Found one, a 30 foot. Great unit.
Recently on the road and saw a unit that looked like this same body style, a fairly new rig, but it had black, and maybe gold, darker colors on it anyway. Nice rig!
Anyone like to hazard a guess about what that beauty might have been?? I sure would like to know!! It was going west on I-40, Friday, --- so I could not run it down!
Love fiberglass, would like to know more about any of these rigs, if anyone happens to know more about them.
Thanks to all,
Betty L.
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Welcome to Award Recreational Vehicles No longer being produced. Last year of production was around 1995. Still quite a few rolling around.
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Award / Sun Trek Fiber trailers

Hello Betty:
Yes, it has been several years since Award produced NEW trailers, however, they will still Custom Build an Award for the right price.

They actually Custom built a few Awards in about 2002 - 2003, that actually had Slides in them. I remember seeing 2 for sale around then, and for hefty prices, (one was $68,500 CDN).
They truly are wonderful trailers to tow, as I had a 1992 23' Award Classic that I towed with my 6 cylinder Explorer, and it towed as if it were not even there. The weight on mine was 3280 lbs. after weighing it at the scales. No large frontal area to create drag.
They also built several 5th Wheel Award's 28 footers, around 1996.
I believe they will also still Rebuild/ Renovate older Awards for customers as well, as they had a few for sale on their site a short while ago, that were completely rebuilt.
As to the Sun Trek's, I also just recently saw one for sale, and had never seen one before. Yes, they appear to be a near copy of the Award, but with a complete moulded Fiberglass shell.
Very nice looking trailers.
I would also like to find further info on them, as they are very sleek looking, and I am sure tow like a dream as well?
Cheers, Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty L. View Post
Hi,
I found a thread here for Awards, but no pics came through. Anyone know anything about the Sun Treks? Found one, a 30 foot. Great unit.
Recently on the road and saw a unit that looked like this same body style, a fairly new rig, but it had black, and maybe gold, darker colors on it anyway. Nice rig!
Anyone like to hazard a guess about what that beauty might have been?? I sure would like to know!! It was going west on I-40, Friday, --- so I could not run it down!
Love fiberglass, would like to know more about any of these rigs, if anyone happens to know more about them.
Thanks to all,
Betty L.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote