Awnings - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #15

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Yeesch! Hey, as long as you are highjacking......is the awning you are talking about that is difficult the one I am talking about? The bag awning? I don't want to get something that is a pain in the arse to use.
Sharon we were in Eastern Oregon and had our awning out on the old stick frame. A thunderstorm came up while I was away, My wife had a time getting the awning secured before it blew away. I was impressed by the Horiizon because you just crank iout out and in One person , easy job,

Old 03-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #16

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
In addition:
I MUST add the 8ft bag awning we have is not the easiest to open and close. can do it myself, but having a second pair of hands is always nicer anyway. If "mobility/agility" is an issue, I would REALLY recommend something more user friendly, like a crank model!

Also IF you have to retro fit a channel for ANY awning you will most likely end up with a series of expossed rivet heads on the inside of your trailer. This is NOT going to be a concern for me, as this spring, when I repaint the inside of our Trillium, I'll coat the heads with a shot of paintable white silicone before I paint.
Care must be taken will any awning not to let it get airborn in any windy situations. Our awning lifted up and overtop the trailer at a meet last spring, maring our new paintjob. NOta big concern, just some more touch up work to keep the trailer looking as best as we can

Old 03-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #17

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Yeesch! Hey, as long as you are highjacking......is the awning you are talking about that is difficult the one I am talking about? The bag awning? I don't want to get something that is a pain in the arse to use.
Sharon,

I just got my new bag awning in this morning. It was a very easy to set up and take down - I did it by myself in no time. I am tall, so I didn't have a problem reaching the bag to unzip and roll everything out or putting it all back in. Hope this helps.

David
Old 03-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #18

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Yeah, height DOES have its advantages, ...well at LEAST sometimes, like not being able to stand upright inna Boler but a Trillium is bearable
Old 03-15-2006, 06:31 AM   #19

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
I've never been in a boler and I do scrape the top of the tril - but I agree, it's bearable!