Back Bed or Front Bed? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Actually, Brian V has another advantage, He can pick up the front hitch and swing his trailer around any view he wants. My wife and i had the same size trailer. We would pick up the front by hand (if loaded right) and angle the dinette view right at the beautiful ocean.

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face I like sleeping "up front"

Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
One of my favorite times in the trailer is upon waking up in the morning when I open the back blinds and window and stare like a Zombie into the scene behind the trailer which is usually peaceful and scenic and private.

In the Fiberstream I can be annoyed by this and the lack of privacy in a campground as I am sleeping "On the road" as it were and not in the back since they are so far apart!
It really can seem like a huge difference.
I am always bothered by noise and headlights when in the front as opposed to peace and quiet all the way in the back.

Add to this the fact that in most campgrounds where we back in the back just will be more secluded and face away from the campground most of the time.
I'm not sure where I want to go with this...

Do you ask to get a spot on the perimeter of the campground? I find that more often than not I am in the middle of a campground with other campers on all 4 sides. I'm also not "sleeping on the road" as the Honda is usually up there close to the street. Having a front bed actually places it toward the middle of the campsite. Having 5% Limo Dark tint + window shades + curtains affords Robert and I 3 layers of privacy in bed.

I am also a zombie 1st thing in the morning. We set up the Coleman stove-top drip coffeemaker just before retiring for the night. It is my job to light the burner under it as I make my way to the little private room at the rear of our Fiber Stream.
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0995.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	38278
I can sit there looking out it's window because Robert prefers to keep the front shades and curtains closed until much later in the morning. The bonus is the fully prepared commuter-mug of light and sweet coffee thrust thru the door as I contemplate my navel amongst other things.
‪Stealers Wheels - Stuck In The Middle With You - Offical Video + Lyics‬‏ - YouTube

Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote