Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #155

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2000 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
we have both a portapotty (in the outback) and a conventional RV toilet in our "sticky" trailer. while the portapotty is certainly easier to empty and keep clean, it's holding capacity is less.. our model, anyway.
this cassette toilet looks like a win-win .......well, except to this lady...

.YouTube - sheffieldcaravans's Channel
OMG! That brought tears to my eyes! That poor lady.........but I really needed a good laugh today and THAT did it. I'm still crying from laughter!

Dale

2010 Nissan Frontier CC
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #156

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Truly a retch-ed situation

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #157

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Truly a retch-ed situation
Yes, it was funny. Since I have never dealt with a cassette jon, I wonder how true-to-life it really is? Folks here with experience seem to think they are not so bad.

Hmmm...

D*
Old 04-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #158

Name: Julie
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 and 1985 Scamp 16
Nebraska
Registry
I just love YouTube! The variety of videos on that site never ceases to amaze me! Not the best endorsement for the cassette toilets though.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #159

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
or you could bypass all that and use the grey water drain hose. Then put the cassette back, turn around and dump the grey water tank.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #160

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
Looks like a lot more bother than pulling open the black water valve, then the grey water valve, which I have to do anyway; (on our camper both tanks feed through a "Y" to a common outlet).
Old 04-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #161

US
yeah that's true, but to me it only appears to be a matter of one minute or two out of a camping weekend. Some folks take the time to mess with blue totes and some don't. popup truck camper folks love the cassette at the rv.net forum.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #162

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I wonder if the Lil Snoozy will have a rock guard on the lower front?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 04-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #163

Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
California
Registry
Re: solids ... I have yet to use my black water tank but have been reading and watching (youtube) to learn how to better deal with this part of camping! didn't see it mentioned here among all of the good advice, but somewhere i read a fantastic tip for helping the cleaning process. this is from memory so it might not be spot on ... one camper, at the end of his trip, would after dumping the tank, throw the leftover ice from his cooler into the black tank. its water but in solid form and would really help to gently scrub the tank walls. then down the road he would stop again and dump one again to leave his tank really clean. an extra step, but seems it might leave you with a cleaner tank. i plan to give it try on our next outing ... suppose it would even be worth buying bag of ice if it means you can skip the dragging of a hose inside and filling up, etc.

Melissa - since you like Firefly how about naming it "Serenity" ???
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #164

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Serenity! I LOVE IT, PAUL!!!! For those who are not firefly fans it is a perfect name and those who know the show will smile. It's perfect! Here is the official definition of Serenity:

se·ren·i·ty/səˈrenitē/Noun
1. The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled: "an oasis of serenity".
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #165

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...I don't mean to hijack the thread...But on the subject of trailer "Flushing" DO NOT... I REPEAT...Do NOT pull the black water valve with just a 5gal. pail under the opened drain!!! It's darn near impossible to leap backwards from a crouched down position. Don't ask me how I know this to be true...but it is!!! I'll just say that when Flying J started to chg. ten bucks I got cheap and tried a home remedy.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #166

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reace View Post
Congradulations Nicholas on your new venture! I can truly appreciate the blood, sweat and tears you are putting in to get this off the ground and wish you all the success to get things rolling! There is certainly no better place to get things started than on this forum and the wealth of information will keep you on your toes! I think I read earlier that the prototype belongs to you...I hope you leave enough time in your busy schedule to actually use it...funny how quickly it can become a tool rather than its intended use as a toy!

All the best

Reace
Thank you Reace,
Coming from a man of your experience, I am deeply grateful! You build a beautiful camper, unfortunately I have never seen one in person. From what I have read, from your website and other people, your RV's are well designed and are built to a much higher standard than the majority of others. In the last few months I have realized just how difficult that really is.
You are right about this forum, the members on here have an amazing knowledge base and are not afraid to voice their opinions. One of the best parts about this forum is how it is more like a family than any other I have seen. People look out for one another, and that's what we all need to do in this old world.
My father and I have been tinkering with an idea for some time now. It seems that the fiberglass community is a close "family". We are member's of an elite group of RV'ers that actually care about having a good quality rig. Not a riveted, tin sided, coke can with a bed. As a result of the small community, it seems that locating a repair facility (especially one capable of fiberglass work) could be difficult. The idea we have been throwing around is an alliance of sorts. If Escape has a customer in (or travailing though) this area and they have an issue, we would be more than willing to do the repair work. We would also extent that same offer to Casita, Scamp, and other fiberglass owners. Granted we are competitors, but the name of the game here is to enjoy camping and keep our customers happy right?
Thank you again Reace!
Nicholas Smoak
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #167

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
nicholas----by you making the offer that you have, to provide fiberglass repair to a competitor's rig if needed---is exactly what i have come to love about this forum---it truly IS a family!
good on ya'

sure wished i had known about your lil snoozy while we were in south carolina last week....would have ventured over for a visit!
good luck to you.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #168

US
Interesting point a truck camper forum guy mentions I have not thought about,

"I like the cassette. I like it because I can winterize the rest of the camper, but use the toilet in warm comfort while hunting or ski/ camping in the winter. I think this is the biggest advantage."

Does anyone know if the frame is steel or ALU? I read it was Galvanized but must have overlooked the material, thanks in advance.

Tags
lil snoozy