Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #169

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Those of us with "flushies" can use them in the freezing temps too. A jug of water to flush and some antifreeze in the tank to keep the valve from freezing. No big deal.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #170

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Interesting point a truck camper forum guy mentions I have not thought about,

"I like the cassette. I like it because I can winterize the rest of the camper, but use the toilet in warm comfort while hunting or ski/ camping in the winter. I think this is the biggest advantage."

Does anyone know if the frame is steel or ALU? I read it was Galvanized but must have overlooked the material, thanks in advance.
Post#130 I mentioned "Winter use" as a positive note. I had a cassette in my T@da and used it year round.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #171

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Those of us with "flushies" can use them in the freezing temps too. A jug of water to flush and some antifreeze in the tank to keep the valve from freezing. No big deal.
Your valve, water and contents will freeze in a conventional setup unless you have heat pads on the black tank and valves. The cassette will not, I've used the cassette in single digits without any issues. There are no exposed drain lines. Try dumping your black when it is 5 degrees outside. With the cassette you empty in a heated restroom toilet. With a cassette you fill the supply with antifreeze, I've used windshield antifreeze. The trailer heat keeps the bathroom and the toilet warm.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #172

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Yes, Ken. The trailer is Galvanized Steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Interesting point a truck camper forum guy mentions I have not thought about,

"I like the cassette. I like it because I can winterize the rest of the camper, but use the toilet in warm comfort while hunting or ski/ camping in the winter. I think this is the biggest advantage."

Does anyone know if the frame is steel or ALU? I read it was Galvanized but must have overlooked the material, thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #173

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Or just stay in south Texas, southern California or Florida when the weather gets cold everywhere else!! That will solve most problems with freezing pipes. That's my plan!

I'm just waiting for the right time.

D*
Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #174

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Your valve, water and contents will freeze in a conventional setup unless you have heat pads on the black tank and valves.
Not true. The black tank is inside the trailer in most of the trailers. The toilet sits on top of it. And the antifreeze takes care of the valves. Granted I haven't camped in 5 degree weather, but have camped when it's below freezing. I don't hookup to water and keep the trailer "winterized." The jug of water to flush the toilet sits in the bathroom. Hasn't frozen yet!
Attached Thumbnails
ScampToilet.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #175

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Ok, I'm sorry to interrupt this stimulating conversation about toilets but I have a real problem.
Wake Up Little Susie has been stuck in my head for well over a week now. I've tried everything I can think of including a failed attempt to replace it with I've Got a Brand New Pair of Roller Skates...which usually works.

Help!!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #176

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Peter, try "it's a small world after all." That tune should knock everything else out of your head.

Melissa, when you get your new trailer, please track your gas mileage and speed, and let us know what you get. I'm especially interested to see what this thing can do aerodynamically as far as fuel savings. I sort of wish Nicholas had tapered the back instead of (or in addition to) the front, as the teardrop rear slope seems to be very efficient... Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion car comes to mind.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 04-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #177

Name: Bob
Trailer: 19' Scamp 5th Wheel
Somewhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Peter, try "it's a small world after all." That tune should knock everything else out of your head.

Melissa, when you get your new trailer, please track your gas mileage and speed, and let us know what you get. I'm especially interested to see what this thing can do aerodynamically as far as fuel savings. I sort of wish Nicholas had tapered the back instead of (or in addition to) the front, as the teardrop rear slope seems to be very efficient... Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion car comes to mind.
Mike, you stole my thunder. What I have learned from aerodynamics research is that rounding the front but leaving the back flat nets only a small improvement . Rounding only the back instead provides a several-fold gain. Tapering the back but not too quickly (ala T@B et al) is the best. Boats that glide well take wisdom from fish tails (not tales).

Nicholas, turn the shell 180 on the trailer and test pull that with a ScanGauge. Seriously!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #178

Oregon
Perhaps that was the thinking with the design of the Oxygen. A 20 foot all molded trailer that's tapered front AND back.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #179

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Mike and KamperBob,
Funny enough, the original design for the LiL Snoozy was a tear drop. We reversed it early on because, though it works very well on the smaller T@B's, with the larger size of the Snoozy, there simply wasn't enough "wiggle" room for floor plan changes. The flatter rear section allows for the rear door, and the rear door allows us a tremendous amount of space.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #180

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
My vote would be to name your TT: DELTA FLYER

FSD: Starfleet Shuttlecraft - Delta Flyer

The original Delta Flyer was lost in battle, so you may want to consider: "DELTA FLYER II" Delta Flyer II - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
Which was designed with increased comfort in mind.

[QUOTE=Donna D.;242899]Here's all the shuttle names from the TNG Star Trek series, I scooped from here: TNG Shuttlecrafts - Star Trek™ Fansite

Argo
Campbell
Chaffee-Defiant
Cochrane
Copernicus
Cousteau
Curie
D'Alison
Dawkins
Delta Flyer
Delta Flyer II
Drake
El-Baz
Fermi
Feynman
Galileo
Goddard
Harris
Hawking
Hawking
Justman
Kotoi
Ley
Magellan
Onizuka7
Pike
Sacajawea
Sakharov
Tereshkova
Verne
Voltaire
Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #181

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Oh wow, Jane, Cool Shuttle!!! Decisions Decisions, lol. Along with what color of quilt, curtains and towels. So much fun!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #182

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Looking further at the pictures, the axle seems far back on the unit. What is the tongue weight?

What are the criterion for getting listed on the home page as a mfg'r?

We now have Lil Snoozy as well as ParkLIner.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy