Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 AM   #71

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Lil' Snoozy

A further concern I have is the rear door and airconditioner coils getting really crusty in dirty driving conditions.
Too bad they didn't make the beds along the side walls ala Little Joe. We found when sleeping one against the wall the other not, that the one against the wall disturbs the front one when getting up for potty break, etc, and the rear one is more subject to claustrophobia especially with that ceiling coming down like that.

Glad to see a prototype. I was somewhat concerned there at first.

I do like the large screen door, the aerodynamic shape, the outrigger wheels.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 AM   #72

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see no problem with the front bed arrangement, it is the most efficient use of space. The shape will help with gas, otherwise you have the box like straight walls in conventional trailers. Truck campers have for decades dealt with a similar sleeping arrangements. Windows on either end or a skylight helps with light. I see no problem disturbing another one that exists different than that at home. Let's not forget, it is a lot better than sleeping on the ground!!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #73

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
There are floor plans for 2 single beds. Here Mr.Smoak mentions it.

"Floor Plan LS2B:
I am sure this is the floor plan you have been waiting for. All of the
LiL Snoozys will use the same kitchen and bathroom/shower, the difference is in the living and sleeping areas. For this model we have reduced the length of the entertainment center and seating area in favor of two single beds running longways with a narrow isle between them. We are able to retain the same plush swivel rockers as the LS2."

With the door being the size it is and the straight in entry, I would think it could be be fairly easy swapping out bunks, sofa, dinette modules, etc., because they are "built in" rather than part of the molding process. Of course that would depend on the original configuration of the bed and available FLOOR SPACE.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #74

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Chapman View Post
Neat looking trailer. My biggest concern would be how long before the rear mounted AC unit tears lose from its mounting. Unless it has a much better suspension than Casita, I think it would just be a matter of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
well, you do have the early escapes, serro scotty, A-liner, chalet, KZ sportsman and spree, Jayco swift, all mounted in the side like this. I can't seem to recall very many of those falling out but you never know, anything is possible i guess.
My bad Not very familiar with the listed trailers which use the same configuration. Just thought there would be a lot of shock and bounce at the rear with the majority of the weight of the AC hanging out in space.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #75

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Hi Roger, the production model A/C will have a molded plastic vented cover to protect it from road debris. They are also installing rubber bumpers to protect noggins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post

A further concern I have is the rear door and airconditioner coils getting really crusty in dirty driving conditions.
Too bad they didn't make the beds along the side walls ala Little Joe. We found when sleeping one against the wall the other not, that the one against the wall disturbs the front one when getting up for potty break, etc, and the rear one is more subject to claustrophobia especially with that ceiling coming down like that.

Glad to see a prototype. I was somewhat concerned there at first.

I do like the large screen door, the aerodynamic shape, the outrigger wheels.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #76

Florida
Cargo Trailer

Hi Mike! I saw the Cargo Trailer and it seemed huge! I dont recall losing a lot of floor space with the curve. You could contact Nicholas and he'd give you all the specs you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I would like to know the interior width, and also the interior length up to the point where the floor starts to curve upward. I am still stuck on the thought that this could make a good cargo trailer... depending on whether it's large enough for my needs. Flat floor area is my concern.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #77

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Kip is right about the swivel rockers. There is even a photo on that other snoozy locked thread.

Moderators, can the the other snoozy thread be unlocked now that we see the company and product are real, no a hoax? That is, if you think it's Appropriate. I was just tossing the idea out there.

It will be interesting so see what they come up with for the rear door for the cargo model and if the queen bed is allowed to stay and still carry a 4 wheeler, or Harley inside there. Looks like it would.

I would think the rear a/c would get a vinyl cover like Chalet and A-liner to protect the coils getting muddy in dirty driving conditions.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #78

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
Very impressive. Any idea what the interior headroom is?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #79

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Melissa posted this on page two: length and headroom
Old 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #80

Florida
Interior headroom

Well, the website says 6'2" but Hubby is 6 ft and had an entire hand's width between his head and the ceiling. Now the flooring hadnt been put in yet so that will eat up a little but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #81

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Moderators, can the the other snoozy thread be unlocked now that we see the company and product are real, no a hoax? That is, if you think it's Appropriate. I was just tossing the idea out
. I think this thread and the earlier one split drom the Classifieds discussion are much more positive venues for discussion of the RV. If you want to refer to the old thread, it's there in the Hello forum, but for the sake of new readers I would prefer not to reopen old wounds. It wasn't our proudest moment.

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #82

Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We want to go to a Rally but being all the way down here in FL and tied to a school schedule we dont know which one we could attend. Which is the biggest, probably the Oregon gathering right? What about the one in TX? Is that a good size one? Nicholas is printing of loads of business cards to give us b/c I'm sure traveling from FL to WY and back we will get stopped a lot with questions.
Melissa

I see from other posts in this thread that you will be heading from WY to TX and back to FL during the July/August time frame. Why not make a stop at Camp Hale for the rally on July 18-20? Depending on your path south from WY it could be just a small side trip. Lots of beautiful mountain scenery and friendly 'glass owners.

Camp Hale is located near Leadville CO about an hour drive south of I-70.

What is your destination in WY?

Orlen
Old 04-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #83
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Three things occur to me:
1) I'd like to see the brake lights and the turn signals higher up on the body. Easier to see.
2) Will the shape effect the tongue weight. Since it is shaped like a wing, will the air flow push up or down?
3) The roof appears to be supported by the privacy curtain "arch" replacing the role of the cabinets in the traditional egg. This should allow lots of freedom in the layout from there back. If I were rebuilding an old camper and wanted a larger bed, it would be worth consideration.

Hey Melissa, ain't you havin' fun. Raz
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #84

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
. I think this thread and the earlier one split drom the Classifieds discussion are much more positive venues for discussion of the RV. If you want to refer to the old thread, it's there in the Hello forum, but for the sake of new readers I would prefer not to reopen old wounds. It wasn't our proudest moment.

Regards,

Matt
Matt

I could not disagree more,but what else is new?

To me that thread was what this Forum can do best,look out for each other.
It seems to me that if we do not ask questions and hope for accountability why are we here?
I take certain comfort in this and I don't think it ever got out of hand or nasty?
I look at it as Prudent,maybe that is just me?
Ed

Tags
lil snoozy