Back from Lil Snoozy with Eye Candy!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #101

Name: mr. smyth
Trailer: burro
Florida
I am very interested in receiving floor plans and prices.
When will your website be finished?
Thanks, Mr Smyth

Past owner of:
Scamp, Casita, Burro, HI-LO, Sprite Muskateer & Apline
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #102

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
You have to empty the grey tank with the hose anyway.
Oh, hmm. You have a point. Well, on my former Burro (with the portapotty) the gray tank emptied via a short piece of ordinary garden hose, which somehow seemed easier to me. But yeah, a hose is a hose, have to connect it anyway.

Oh! I remember why I liked the porta... coming home from a camping trip, I always have to make sure I use the dump station on the last morning, then I can't use the toilet all the way home that day. I have to make sure I pick a CG with a dump or sewer hookups for that last night... no boondocking. Whereas the portapotty is useable all day, I just empty it into the home toilet after arrival.

But maybe there will be some way Nicholas eventually can add a black tank for you, special order. Mmmfff I just had an outrageous thought; delete the 42" tv, mount a black tank in its place, add a pump, voila
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #103

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Make it a tank with a clear window and you could call it the Pink Floyd Wall option. "I've got thirteen channels of ____ on my T.V. to choose from..." Bad Jokes aside I am anxiously watching this trailer shake out.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #104

Looking at the frame/axle set-up, it would appear that the suspension arms could easily be clocked "down" ninety degrees to give some extra ground clearance and still keep the wheels centered in the fenders. Maybe adding some shocks wouldn't be too difficult either?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #105

The geek in me really wants to add side "storage" pods and have a little fun with the graphics.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #106

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I'm a Huge Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Firefly and anything else Sci-Fi Fan!! Anybody thinks of any personal names for our trailer let me know.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #107

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee

But maybe there will be some way Nicholas eventually can add a black tank for you, special order.
Or maybe he could install an incinerator toilet instead. Yeah, that and a recliner instead of the sofa might mean another satisfied customer.

The Don Pod
Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #108

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
MillerK, I think you're on to something! The shape is close enough, add the 'nacelles' (good for storage bays?) over the wheels and slap on some vinyl.

CallDon, I hear you, I keep trying to figure out a way to fit a LaZBoy into my trailer also.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #109

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
The insulation comes from the inner "foam core". Nicholas said it's probably comparable to about a R9.
I wonder what type of foam is used for the foam core. From the pictures of the window cutouts used as a table, the foam looks about 3/4" thick. An insulating value of R9 for 3/4" is better than any other product that I have heard of.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #110

You've probably already named your Sienna, but bear with me on this. Name the trailer Winkle, you'll see the connection in a second, and your Sienna, a van, Rip. Then your Lil Snoozy/Sienna combo will be Rip Van Winkle trailer. Cheezy, but stupidly cute.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #111

I showed my wife the trailer and she said "It's cute." Then I showed my wife the picture of the Star Trek TNG shuttle and she said "You so have to do that!" Bear in mind this is the person I count on to keep my little flights of fancy reigned in...
Old 04-03-2011, 05:19 AM   #112

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
cassette toilet

I'm trying to visualize what a cassette toilet is and have come up with 2 mental visuals.

1. It has it's own black water holding tank attached to the bottom of the toilet, rather than a seperate holding tank. There is still an exterior drain for dumping purposes. If so, how large is the holding tank?

2. A recirculating toilet as used in my neighbors Trailmanor Camper. The one tank was part of the toilet and held the fresh water. When the toilet was flushed, it's contents went into that same tank. That water was used over and over to flush the toilet and became pretty gross after the first solids went in.

The neighbor replaced it with a Porta-Potty.

If not one of these two, will someone please describe a Cassette Toilet?

Is it one of these? http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCT...6/Default.aspx

Thanks,
Kip
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #113

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's all the shuttle names from the TNG Star Trek series, I scooped from here: http://startrekman.webs.com/tngshuttlecrafts.htm

Argo
Campbell
Chaffee-Defiant
Cochrane
Copernicus
Cousteau
Curie
D'Alison
Dawkins
Delta Flyer
Delta Flyer II
Drake
El-Baz
Fermi
Feynman
Galileo
Goddard
Harris
Hawking
Hawking
Justman
Kotoi
Ley
Magellan
Onizuka7
Pike
Sacajawea
Sakharov
Tereshkova
Verne
Voltaire

Cassette Toilet? Maybe this will help:
Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #114

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Thanks for the video. Different strokes for different folks. Looks like a blue tote without wheels to me. I would much rather disconnect and drive to dump station if needed, than deal with carrying and dumping that tank by hand every few days.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #115

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
CallDon, I hear you, I keep trying to figure out a way to fit a LaZBoy into my trailer also.
The Casita Freedom Deluxe has the two captains chairs. When removed, there might be enough room for a smaller recliner. You could push it against the wall for traveling and when you need to cook or use the kitchen. Then move it away from the wall so you could stretch out and watch TV. It would be great for one person...or two, if the other person sat at the dinette/bed in the back.

i still need to investigate and do some more measuring. The smaller footprint of the special RV recliners might work if you can get them through the door!

Don
Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #116

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Donna - the YouTube link was exactly right for clarifying the cassette toilet.

We rented a class C motorhome for three weeks in New Zealand a few years back. That rig had a cassette toilet exactly as pictured in the video. It was extremely easy to use and I think it is excellent technology. The tank is about as large as any small black tank installed in a conventional FGRV so you wouldn't have to empty it any more often. Having a cassette really increases the options of places to dump and it is so easy to give it a good cleaning after you get home. Since we often stay at Forest Service and Park Service campgrounds without hookups, the ability to haul the cassette to the dump station would be a real plus. We currently have a Thetford tote for that, but it takes up a lot of cargo space and using it requires dumping the same load twice.

I think the Lil Snoozy is a great-looking design and using the cassette is one more example of innovative thinking. I want one!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
2) Will the shape effect the tongue weight. Since it is shaped like a wing, will the air flow push up or down?
Raz
The front shape looks like it could cause instability when towing at speed with half the airflow going over the top and half under the bottom. It the trailer was towed out of level with the hitch ball either higher or lower, that could significantly affect the weight on the hitch ball due to aerodynamics. The effect would become stronger as speed increases. Also, different sizes and shapes of tow vehicle may have an effect on the amount of air going over vs under the trailer. Hopefully they have done a lot of road testing at high speed to make sure there are no negative aerodynamic effects.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #118

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
That's a great-looking camper! I wish you the best, and can't wait to hear more about it. The price seems too good to be true when compared with Scamp and Casita. The other thing that worries me is the tongue weight. They claim a low number... but we all know that other companies make claims about trailer weights that aren't realistic.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Nancy View Post
We currently have a Thetford tote for that, but it takes up a lot of cargo space and using it requires dumping the same load twice.
Wouldn't that be "dumping the same load" 3 times?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #120

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
Wouldn't that be "dumping the same load" 3 times?
Nice!
Closed Thread

Tags
lil snoozy