bad hair day!! ( long ) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Ok i arrive at the beach.. ( beautiful there) Got most of the things out and hooking up hose.... OOPs.. see water dripping out of right end of trailer.. EEK!! drive down to the beach to get cell phone signal..... got ahold of the RV place and told them that water was SPEWING out of pump under bench!!!!
(2) Caught up with Ranger at park.... credited me back with 2 nites ( had 3 reserved) but not one nites fee and $6 registeration fee...
(3) throw stuff back into trailer and truck.. hook up.. let dogs out to potty.. head back to Shop ( another hr and a half away)

Problem was.... when they are winterized the trailer some one didnt hook the pump back up!!!! It should have been!! It never even dawned on me to check something like that.... (Plug was out of hotwater heater, which was fine....)
They sucked up the water with the wet/vac hose... Tim said everything was ok.. but I told them I wasnt going to pay to have them dry it out!!! So left it there for them to put a heater in it for now...
In the mean time.. pups have been in the truck for almost 6 hrs except for one potty break!! After leaving home at 10:30 a.m I got home at 5:30!!

My question is do you think I am in the right NOT to pay for any drying out that needs to be done?? The wet/dry vac really sucked the water up good, but I want to be sure nothing is even damp!!! I have new door trim lock to be put on, plus the new bolts to the door, so I think they need to at least do that for me for no charge being it was their mistake with the water pump..
They are very reliable people and do excellent work.... Tim wasnt there when I had the trailer winterized, so I am thinking one of the young boys did it..

So all in all i lost some money on this trip to the beach.. I cant afford to fill up the truck again and haul myself back down there.. so will have to wait for another nice weekend.... hopefully soon.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
they should take care of it. If a mechanic left the drain plug out when he changed the oil, he would be responsible for any damage, this seems the same thing.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I agree, and don't worry about the dogs. Mine usually don't get a potty break if they are only in the car for 6 hrs. (Unless one of them starts barking or whining to go out.) So yours had it good! (Although since I don't feed them before car trips, they usually don't have to go too bad.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Not only would I not pay I think I would ask for a steep discount on your next service due to the inconvieneince and loss of gas money/time involved.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote