BAL Light Trailer Tire Level Leveler Chock Pop Up RV Camper - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #41

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
I like that. Didn't realize Reliance made one of those.

Dick
Dick & Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #42

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Yes melissab,
I have to start thinking about putting the Scamp away for the winter. I was hoping to be able to go one more time this year, but I don't think that's going to happen. We own two homes about 150 miles apart and have lots to do before the white fluffy stuff starts falling. Not sure where you're at, but we love Florida in Febuary. Sanibel Island is one of my Favorite spots.
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #43

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Mary Ann, what is this "white fluffy stuff" of which you speak?? LOL. We are in Melbourne on the East Coast. Are there any good camping places in Sanibel Island? Would love to go.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #44

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I just did a google search: Milenco You Tube

Got a really nice video of the unit. As long as there are two of us the Lego blocks continue to be my preference. I had previously decided agains the BAL due to weight and mess. We just have a little 13 so it is usually so easy to park.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #45

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Im getting ready to spring for one of these for the season. One question though...does anybody worry about someone falling on that big bolt sticking up? Or does it not stick put as far as it looks.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I don't find the bolt to be intrusive in my camping spot when used on the door side. Since I carry four chocks and when using the BAL only need to use two... I typically throw the two extras onto the BAL. Since the chocks are bright yellow, they act as a warning flag.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #47

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm selling 2 here on the forum. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-58140.html, if you will be attending the Minden, Ne rally later this month, I'll be bringing them with me, free delivery.http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...3-a-54620.html
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #48

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm selling 2 here on the forum. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-58140.html, if you will be attending the Minden, Ne rally later this month, I'll be bringing them with me, free delivery.http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...3-a-54620.html
Would you be interested in shipping one? I completely understand if not....Probably not worth the cost.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #49

Pennsylvania
Registry
Exactly, probably cost $20 to ship, that is why I'm bringing them with me from Pa to Ne, to keep the price reasonable.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #50

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
My Leveler

I showed my husband a photo of what I wanted, so this is what he made me. He made it so I can use a ratchet on it to crank it up. I give him an A+ for the job!
Attached Images

God's Country, Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #51

Pennsylvania
Registry
These can also be used on tandem axle units, I've used it on mine with success.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #52

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
I showed my husband a photo of what I wanted, so this is what he made me. He made it so I can use a ratchet on it to crank it up. I give him an A+ for the job!
Wow. It is amazing what you can make with a 3D printer these days.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #53

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I doubt any one will walk close enuf to the side of your trailer to trip on the BAL leveler or fall on the elevator screw. I don't even think about the number of times I've "encountered" my coupler in the dark. I believe anything like this around the home or around the home away from home is always a threat to small children but so are bumpers and marble coffee tables and cast iron patio furniture. If you live (and most do) you learn. I sense that many lose patience with this mechanism because of its weight, footprint for storage, and the need for some elbow grease to operate. That's a tradeoff against the need to back onto wood or plastic pyramids. I do not always need to level athwartship, but when I do I prefer BAL (and afterwards the Dos Equis).

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #54

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Timely thread; trying to decide whether to haul my BAL with me this summer. I haven't used it in 3-4 years so I'm inclinded to leave it here. With a side-side bed, if one side of the trailer is slightly lower it doesn't bother me, and no fridge means it doesn't matter much. Plus I've almost never used it (3x, I think.) I could throw a couple of blocks in just in case but mostly I don't level side to side. On the other hand, the few times I've used it I really needed it.

That Milenco looks nice. Can't justify spending more money on something I don't use, though.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #55

Pennsylvania
Registry
For storage I asked for and received from my local Pizza John, a pizza warming bag, the B@L fits perfectly inside.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #56

Michigan
Got one coming...Thanks everyone.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #57

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Cari & i used one for a season when we owned an A-Liner a couple years back. It was an indispensable piece of equipment in our typical off-road camp grounds. Before the BAL, we used the LEGO blocks or wood...BUT there were times when we were unable to get placed properly. In comes the BAL and just park where ever and call it good. There was one site we had it fully extended...it looked like that tire was off the ground ~8 to 10" And still rock solid.

Once we had the Parkliner, we picked one up on our maiden voyage.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #58

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
I had our trailer at the house last fall, uphill wheel chocked (front and back), downhill wheel on a 3 high stack of lego style blocks, and a couple of lego blocks under the tongue jack. I forget what set things in motion, but the tongue got bumped just a bit; the trailer pivoted, the downhill wheel reached the edge of the top block, and then that wheel proceeded to roll down the other two blocks. Tongue jack ended up about a foot and a half away from where it started. This episode taught me to be sure at least two of these three load bearing points are "trapped" to ensure the trailer does not move. I think most folks get their tongue jack pinned down pretty well, but I had a flat plate on the bottom, and it was sitting on top of a leveler block at the time; there just wasn't much friction between these two parts to prevent movement.

So I ordered the single axle chock and a BAL leveler the next day, and I always use them both every time we camp. Now I can pick any spot to park, chock the uphill wheel with a few quarter turns of the chock bolt, and then I place the BAL on the downhill wheel and start to crank. I found a phone app that will give me three beeps when I am within 1 degree of level, and four beeps when it is within 0.1 degree of level. Phone is on the floor inside, I ratchet the wheel up as fast as I want until I hear 3 beeps, then slowly until I get 4 beeps, and voila! Both wheels are fully chocked, and my trailer is as close to dead level as I could ever possibly need. The BAL does have a big footprint, but it really doesn't take up much space.
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #59

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Interesting combination of trailer parked on incline and leveling pyramid under one wheel, Scott. I hate trailer square dancing.

The elevating cradle of the BAL is a very effective double chock. I also have a sloping driveway which encourages a bit of thought as to sequence of events when hitching and unhitching. Two points anchored certainly is advisable and the surest anchor for the tongue end is coupler on ball of tow vehicle and especially when engaging in any operation which involves jacking and wheel removal (putting on spare, brake and bearing maintenance). A trailer falling on a hub has consequences worse than a moment of surprise.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #60

Pennsylvania
Registry
Another benefit of the B@L levelers is the in air chocking it performs. This reduces you trailer sway somewhat, that rocking motion you sometimes get inside. With dual axles we use B@L X chocks http://www.amazon.com/BAL-28012-X-Ch.../dp/B002XLHUQG which lock each axle to each other. This effectively reduces you rocking motion, just like the B@l leveler locks your single axle. But we still need to use leveling blocks or 2 of these B@l levelers with dual axles.
By the way, there are 2 B@l's for sale real cheap in the parts forum

Tags
light