Bashing a camper, just because you can. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #29

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Nothing to do with this topic, but I clicked on Tom's "this list" in post #21, then on Uhaul members and find that we are not on the list, nor are some other Uhaul owners that I know of. Not that I really care to be on a list, but how did that list come to be?
When the black helicopters come over the horizon, you don't want to be on THE LIST.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Bob, I think you're added to that list if you click "Join Group" (upper right on the window frame).

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #31

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

To Brian: I get it. And thank you for all the ponderings via PM's and threads. It has been enjoyable.

(First a bottom line statement...I'm grateful to this forum, its members, and their ponderings...that have prompted me to do some simple tweaks on PL#35 to make it more mine, and a happy place to hang out in!..i state as i am typing this response from my happy place inside the PL.)

On our PL #35 mentioned in a prior post by Ed (and thank you for your input on all this Ed!)...

Just and FYI, i did not request the battery box or design so something was at work in Chandler's mind that prompted that to be included. The whole "Box" idea might have simply been an outworking of having some extra space to play with since i did request the fresh water tank to be placed on the other (curb) side of the rig, freeing up the space taken in the stock position(?)

Yes Ed is correct in pointing out that though there is a _box_, it does include both batteries and charger. With that pointed out to me (somewhere in the many posts leading up to this) i am in the process of designing a simple tweak to contain gases in the battery area only and then vented to outside.

Cheers,
And here is also to Diversity!
It would be a boring world if it were all one model.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #32

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think the fit 'n finish of all brands is similar to the fit n' finish of owners of all molded towables. Some of us are in better shape than others.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #33

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think the fit 'n finish of all brands is similar to the fit n' finish of owners of all molded towables. Some of us are in better shape than others.
Lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #34

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
I resemble that comment.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #35

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Thanks for phrasing my sentiments so succinctly. If you keep picking at it, it's never going to heal!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #36

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Brian, You think Parkliner is the only brand ever bashed? LOL...... I can tell you haven't been around long!

But have to ask, is it bashing or suggestions, concerns or ideas? Guess it depends on how you look at it. I don't believe people wish to drive Parkliner out of business. They only wanna tell them how to create a better trailer!
I would hope that Chandler can take suggestions, ideas, concerns and use them to benefit both himself as a business and his customers.

I will say that if there are safety concerns that they are addressed and addressed ASAP! I think your post/topic arises due to the Parkliner/Battery topic and in my opinion I didn't see bashing. We have a plethora of members here with strong opinions all of whom were trying to help a member, isn't that what this forum is about? So I don't know that I would take it as bashing.

And personally, the only thing I think should be a concern is that Mimi and her family are safe and the issue didn't have different results. And that yours and every other Parkliner are safe for you to travel in and create great memories.

Hang around long enough and I promise you will see real bashing in just about every topic we have at one time or another.

Just enjoy your trailer! That is the beauty of this life we live, we have choices and one choice is what trailer to buy!