Bathroom? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ontario
Bathroom?

Hey fellow Fiberglasser's...

I met a guy today at Wendy's, we were just talking about the past summer, and how fast it went. He mentioned his camper, a Trillium camper!!!!
I asked him what year and type. 1975 13 footer!
Well I have a 1976 with the bunk beds. He says he has the one with no bunks, but the toilet and sink.
He says I can change mine if I wanted too.

Well after lunch, I thought, damn I should have asked him more questions, but I did not want to look like an amateur. ( I am, but I'm not saying a word about it)
Can you change one into a Trillium with a bathroom? It is just my wife and I now. If so, where would I get the materials to do such a job?

Thanks to everyone who replies.

Donny55
Donny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Yes. There is practically no difference in the shell between Trillium's with no bathroom and those with. Trillium added a vent for the black water tank. As far as I know that is the only difference with the shell.

The person you were talking to probably had a 4500. I think that they were the only original Trilliums that had a sink in the bathroom.

I have a plan to add a bathroom to the front of a 4500. I would use the same floor plan as the front restroom units current sold by Trillium today. I would want the shower.
trilliumrv.com
The FR version is also only available on the 4500.

I currently own a 1977 corner restroom 1300. While mine has a sink in the little tiny corner restroom, it was installed by a PO. It makes an impossibly small bathroom even smaller. It's gotta go.

Take a look at my registry to see my trailers.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #3

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
If you don't want to do a lot of work, maybe a portapotty would be a good way to go. That's assuming you have or can make a place to store it out of your way.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
He may have been referring to a port-a potty.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Yes, I was.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #6

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Sorry, I meant whom the original poster was talking to @ Wendy's when they mentioned bathroom, not your post Bob, sorry about the confusion, your response came in before mine.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #7

Name: Don
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Yes. There is practically no difference in the shell between Trillium's with no bathroom and those with. Trillium added a vent for the black water tank. As far as I know that is the only difference with the shell.

The person you were talking to probably had a 4500. I think that they were the only original Trilliums that had a sink in the bathroom.

I have a plan to add a bathroom to the front of a 4500. I would use the same floor plan as the front restroom units current sold by Trillium today. I would want the shower.
trilliumrv.com
The FR version is also only available on the 4500.

I currently own a 1977 corner restroom 1300. While mine has a sink in the little tiny corner restroom, it was installed by a PO. It makes an impossibly small bathroom even smaller. It's gotta go.

Take a look at my registry to see my trailers.

Thank you for that David, I think your right...it must have had the bigger one. Pics looked great....thank you again for the message, it all helps.

Donny55
Donny55 is offline   Reply With Quote