Bathroom Dimensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
I've got the winter doldrums, so I went out and measured the EggCamper bathroom. The base measures 22"X38". Because of the curve of the front wall, at the hip it is 29"X38". At the shower drain (center of the 22") floor to ceiling is 5' 10". Our bathroom does not have a lav. to take up any additional space. Note: measurements do include space taken up by toilet. Actual shower pan measures 18"X21". I'd be interested in dimensions of the other egg bathroom dimensions.

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I'd be interested in dimensions of the other egg bathroom(s).
I just went out and measured the bathroom in my Fiber Stream.
Total overall dimensions at the room's largest points, near the floor: [b]52 x 31 inches.
The shell is seamless one piece, and flat walls taper toward the top so the body can be easily unmolded. At approximately waist high, the room measures 51 x 30 inches, and near the ceiling it is 50 x 29 inches.

The shower is in the rounded "corner" of the trailer, and has a corner hand sink. The shower Pan measures [b]31 x 31 inches.
While the interior of the rest of the trailer is 75 inches tall, the bathroom floor is raised so that all of the drain plumbing is above floor (and therefore above tank) level. The shower Pan is raised 6 inches above the floor leaving [b]69 inches height inside the shower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0537.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	17570

The toilet area, just inside the door, is oddly shaped since the door is set at an angle, and the floor the toilet itself is on is raised 4 inches above the shower Pan, or 10 inches above the rest of floor in the main part of the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0524.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	17569
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
Frederick, Your bathroom is huge. I thought mine was a pretty good size after seeing the baths in some of the stick builts. How about the casita's and scamps?
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Well this is disappointing! I am considering a Fiber Stream because it seemed to be just the right size for me, but as I am 6' tall I like a shower that gives me headroom.

Now I have to figure out how much I will be annoyed by having to duck in the shower vs how hard it would be to either lower the floor or put in a domed skylight. I don't like cutting holes in the roof, but if I did it would also allow me to put in a vent/fan.

Maybe Mr. Simson has an easier solution -- No, I don't want to consider Procrustes' solution!

Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Well this is disappointing! ... I am 6' tall I like a shower that gives me headroom.

Maybe Mr. Simson has an [b]easier solution

I am only 5'6" tall, and my partner is 5'8".
The 1st generation Fiber Streams (1975 thru 1977) had the shower pan down at the regular floor level with the drain plumbing exposed beneath the floor and crammed into the space between the 2 holding tanks. The Black tank is beneath the shower stall and the Gray tank is beneath the Kitchen sink. BUT those early units also had <sub>smaller</sub> bathrooms by placing the toilet [b]in the shower stall, making it a "wet" bath. They had a 2nd shallow shelf-closet where later versions now place the toilet.

I like your idea for a domed skylight. It would be in the corner though, [b]right over the compound curve. I envision a prefabbed circular fiberglass collar glassed into a hole over the shower to level up the mounting place for a Plexiglas bubble dome.
Panoramic view over the roof while showering!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
At the recent Scamp Camp I was at I tried to stand inside every trailer I could to compare.

I was struck by the headroom inside the bath in a Scamp 5th wheel with the front bath.
It seems MUCH taller than any other I have been in especially compared to the same trailer with the side bath which I can not get in and close the door even.

On top of the bath which does not extend to the roof of the rig there is huge storage also. It can only be accessed from the loft but it was interesting to note.
Now this layout also makes it seem as though you go through a tunnel to get into th loft but I really liked it.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote