Battery Rejuvination - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Battery Rejuvination

I am only throwing this out for general interest if anyone is wanting to try something different. There is a lot of videos on it from other participants. I know that I have 3 in my garage that are dead as a door nail and I could experiment on. Maybe some of you have tried it. I did a search here and found nothing on it or from Donna with a link.

If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
A temporary fix to a permanent problem. Waste of time and money. As a general rule the only things you should ever put into a battery are acid and distilled water. Even ordinary tap water is not recommended because it has dissolved minerals in it, which over time, will ruin your battery. I can't imagine that adding anything else, especially a salt of all things, to a battery can do anything less than destroy it. Don't believe everything you see on the internet...
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #3

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
This is an old chesnut. Miracle battery rejuvination schemes have been around since batteries were invented.

Of all my friends who have lots of electrical knowledge, none have ever told me they've found a miracle cure. They replace their dead batteries like anyone else.

Wish it wasn't so, I've got a couple of dead ones in the garage but once I get off my butt they're headed for the scrap dealer.
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Thanks guys. The one person said he has had his running now for more than a year on either Alum or Epsom. I was just curious. I am somewhat familiar with the chemical process etc. I would not use it anywhere it would be required for dependability but on my tractor or gate it could have been useful. I probably wont put this in my bucket list but if I get bored this winter I might give it a go.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You should see what a Coke does to a battery, imagine how strong your stomach is!!!!

Tags
battery