Bed sizes in scamp/casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #21

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1975 1300 Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Well folks, get this! We bought a 2008 17 ft Oliver legacy elite today. Yup! Can't believe it myself. But we loved those trailers as soon as we saw them and they had one they wanted to unload at Quartile site, AZ so we got. T for a good price. The bed is a tad smaller than wanted, 51 by 74. But everything else we wanted is there. And if needed the side dinner makes I to a bed as well. We are pretty excited and can't wait to meet our Fiberglass friends out and about.

Karen
kbingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations Karen! The Oliver is a great trailer and I'm POSITIVE you're going to make a ton of memories.

Pictures? Did you say you'd post pictures?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #23

Michigan
Registry
Thanks Donna, it's pretty awesome. I'm glad I spent so much time on these boards learning about all the trailers. I would have been happy with a casita or scamp as well. But my husband was taken with the Oliver and when we could get it for a good price, well....it just happened. See you all around! Karen
Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #24

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thats wonderful, I haven't seen an Oliver in real life but I drool over the pictures! Cant wait to see yours.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #25

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Good for you! Now you need to bring it to the Ohio rally. I don't think we have ever had one of those there. It would be well visited during the "open house" time. terry r.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 AM   #26

Michigan
Registry
Sounds good Terry. Where in Ohio?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
It is at Dillon State Park. I think we had 40 or more units last year... maybe 44. There will be more info to come in March. I believe it is the third weekend in Sept. It is in area close to one of the largest Amish communities in country. There are other things to see and do even closer to the campground. terry r.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #28

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbingel View Post
Well folks, get this! We bought a 2008 17 ft Oliver legacy elite today. Yup! Can't believe it myself.
Karen
Congrats Karen!!!! Thats a nice trailer - I had the pleasure of seeing on a few years ago while camping in Tofino on Vancouver Island.
Something tells me the bed size issue will be a non event after your first trip with it!!!

Have fun.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #29

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
A Scamp Deluxe IS a 54" bed. The new standard 13' Scamp can be ordered with the 54" bed, but I don't know if the 16' Standard can be ordered with the larger bed.
Dave & Paula
Nope ...at least not yet!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #30

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Last fall, we got a Scamp13 with the 54" bed and front bench/bunk beds.

Because we were told that you are supposed to travel with the rear table/bed in the down/bed configuration, we got a lightweight folding table from Walmart to use with the front bench for rest-area lunch stops. It is a little better and sturdier than the old TV tray idea, but still lightweight and fairly compact when folded up. (I think that Camping World has something similar.)

Since we are middle-age+, we sometimes get up during the night for a restroom break (the wider bed makes it easier to crawl over/around). If one or the other gets a bit congested and snores a little, the additional width provides for at least a little more separation ... Or there is the option of the seat of the front couch. (We wanted the front bunks for occasionally taking our grandkids along on outings anyway.)

The first night that we spent in the trailer, the temperature dropped below 30 degrees and, although we were toasty warm, our sleeping bags are/were the old rectangular variety and not the tapered mummy bags. Even with the wider bed, there was some overlap of sleeping bag edges.

As mentioned in another thread, our biggest disappointment with the 54" bed is that Scamp decided to use a smaller 32" table and a 20" filler board to support the wider bed. That will/would seem to make it a bit cramped for 4 adults (or 2 adults and 2 grand kids) to have an indoor meal at that smaller table in inclement weather .... or for 4 people to play cards (or board games?) in the evening. (I will probably need to come up with another table/filler-board option soon.)

Good luck with whatever you decide.
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp