Beds Running Lengthwise Rather Than Side to Side? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #15

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark J View Post
Looking at your photos Floyd: Does the pedestal table only seat 2 or can you remove the board closest to the back wall? (It appears to be fastened to the ratfir fiberglass with a piano hinge, ahh it flips up?). So then do you add the entire original scamp table to the front end where storage shows in your photo which would stick out into the kitchen approximately 2 feet or so?
Mark
I think you kinda have it. The pedestal table and wraparound couch can seat at least 5 comfortably.
The flip-up was made because the seat is 24", the table is 20" the flip-up is 10" ...The regular bed is 54"....

The pedestal table is 20"X30" and can spin 360 degrees. that allows it to be 30" long when turned 90 degrees to the position in the picture.
Of course the original Scamp table is 44" long and so fills the 20" vacated by the pedestal table plus 24" or so into the kitchen.
The King bed is 78"X78" (minus the cabinet notches)
We found it very comfy . Having our feet more toward the center presents no problems.
The bed shown below is our factory sized deluxe bed (54" wide) so we seldom use this added luxury.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp pictures 018.jpg   Eggy-Sue inside 004.jpg  

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #16

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Floyd, thank you for all the detail. I don't think I would ever have thought about the possibilities. Also, it looks like if you really take care of your unit, yours is great, that you can't really tell if it is 2 years or 10 years old.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #17

IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Floyd, thank you for all the detail. I don't think I would ever have thought about the possibilities. Also, it looks like if you really take care of your unit, yours is great, that you can't really tell if it is 2 years or 10 years old.
Thank you for the kind words.The trailer still looks great after nine years(this June)
[The "King" bed is from last year.]
But some of my pictures are new and some are nine years old!
"Eggy-Sue"(the pull-it SURprize) is a 2004.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #18
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I think you kinda have it. The pedestal table and wraparound couch can seat at least 5 comfortably.
The flip-up was made because the seat is 24", the table is 20" the flip-up is 10" ...The regular bed is 54"....

The pedestal table is 20"X30" and can spin 360 degrees. that allows it to be 30" long when turned 90 degrees to the position in the picture.
Of course the original Scamp table is 44" long and so fills the 20" vacated by the pedestal table plus 24" or so into the kitchen.
We found it very comfy . Having our feet more toward the center presents no problems.
The bed shown below is our factory sized deluxe bed (54" wide) so we seldom use this added luxury.
So you increase both dining space and bed space. Very clever. I'm still not clear how the foot section is supported at the bath room end. Raz
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #19

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I almost bought a Scamp 13 deluxe, and was thinking of doing something similar with the table and wraparound dinette. Make it 29" wide (common boat sized bunk) and a narrow table. This way when alone the couch/dinette would be just wide enough to sleep on alone... drop the table and becomes a double.

Quote:

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #20

IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
So you increase both dining space and bed space. Very clever. I'm still not clear how the foot section is supported at the bath room end. Raz
The original Scamp table leg was still attached, I simply shortened it, so that the former table was supported level with the bed.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #21

Name: Breazy
Trailer: 1973 boler
Alberta
Quote:
The original Scamp table leg was still attached, I simply shortened it, so that the former table was supported level with the bed.
Hi Floyd, I really like the modification you made to your trailer.
I am a new boler owner. I have already done a couple of trips & found that we needed an extension to our bed as well. (my husband is 6'6 & I am 5'9, but its his wide shoulders that really make the bed feel squishy)
I too would be very interested in any images that you have of the bottom foot section. Mainly because I do not know what the original Scamp table legs look like. Did you have more than one leg and what material did you use for the extension? Is it sturdy?